Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Walla posted:

Maybe I'm thinking you can only get 1 seal per save file? Though I seem to remember doing the map and not getting the reward.

I apologise. It's been years since I've messed with the dlc except for the Anna gifts and castle rewards.

It's that, you get one of each seal the first time per save that you clear it with the NPCs all alive and after that you just get a Pebble each time. There were later DLC maps that gave more copies of the seals and could be farmed infinitely for them, but those never left Japan for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Bogart posted:

I was thinking about trying to minmax a Luck-based character. Best I came up with was

But like. Salvage Blow is so high in the Blacksmith line that it'd take forever to reach, and Good Fortune (while I like it more than most) isn't that good.

Salvage Blow isn't that high up, it's the level 5 Blacksmith skill, Lancebreaker's the 15. And Kaze'd pick up the Cav line from Silas, not Merc, so Good Fortune and Salvage Blow are mutually exclusive here, both would have to be the inherited skill from Corrin. Not sure which would be the way to go, off the top of my head I want to say Salvage Blow because the potential to snag more Hoshidan weapons on Conquest sounds like a more interesting/useful niche trick to have than Bad Renewal. But being able to sub out all your Iron Lances for Naginatas or whatever may be less enticing if you're actually engaging with all the systems and have several of those lances forged to +1 or 2 instead of forgetting to touch the forge 90% of the time like I do.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Sophie's one of the few kids I grab pretty much every playthrough, easy to unlock, easy map, and almost every Silas I've had ends up developing an allergy to spd gains so she tends to take over his slot around the mid-game when he falls off from that. Nthing Effie as a really good mom for her, I stick her and Silas together on most of my CQ runs to give her mobility/him some extra tankiness, and if Silas falls off stapling Effie to their daughter instead works out just as well.

I wonder if some of the lack of optimization talk for the second gen might be the lack of an end goal too. I know I initially spent a bunch of time spreadsheeting up pairing plans for this game and then lost my interest in incrementally refining those setups like I did in Awakening once it was apparent that we were definitely never going to get an equivalent to Awakening's assorted postgame challenge DLC/Apotheosis to pit such optimized kids against. Take away the need to care about squeezing as much postgame power out of every kid as possible and suddenly it's a lot easier to just shrug and settle for putting in the minimum effort of making sure physical/magical kids have matching moms.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Give everything to Camilla. This is her quest and she needs to get even more stacked.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

Midori isn't actually alone in her base class, Yukimura's is also Apothecary. If I remember right, Rinkah is the only full PC in the game who has a normal base class but doesn't share it with anyone else.

Midori's another kid I've used a lot, and I've gotten pretty good mileage out of her in Conquest (with Camilla as a mom several times, even, though I usually grab her earlier and end up passing down Savage Blow instead). I generally pick her up around the time the scaling hits 20/6, go Mechanist to get a shuriken rank, immediately swap to Master Ninja, and generally get a second (or replacement if the RNG was unkind to him) Kaze with better strength, possibly double the Poison Strike, and free Golembane to dismantle puppets/Mechanists and help finish off Stoneborn on maps where that's relevant.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

It would have been fine if they'd just actually let her be bi, IMO. And done the same with enough others for there to be some actual choices available to everyone on both routes. And ideally not mechanically punished you for selecting those choices, though at least with FCorrin missing Kana alone isn't exactly a dire price to pay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

I enjoyed following this quite a bit. You took quite a few approaches to things I'd never thought of and got some good use out of options I'd largely dismissed or ignored, and it's made me want to go back to this and play around with some things once I clear a few things off the backlog. Gonna leave Lunatic Conquest well alone when I do, though, once is still quite enough for me.