Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Having Felicia join your party first instead of Jakob, or vice versa, is apparently a popular patch for Fates if you're hacking it.
This is both for possible reasons of strategy, and story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

OCEANS GRAY WAVES!

It is eternal.

🎶 Youuuu'we the OwOcean's gway waves... 🎶 :3:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

midnight lasagna posted:

Yukimura's recruitment requirement is so dumb, if it were not for the internet I wouldn't even know he's recruitable. Apparently he's not so bad a unit but I don't think I've ever deployed him.

It is my hope that whatever plot can be pieced together from this run is both better than Conquest's actual plot and also not at all accurate to the original story.

I bought my 3DS close to launch and it's old enough that I've got all the ambassador programs that were released for free as compsensation for the price drop. One day it might die and that thought fills me with dread : (

Hack your 3DS and you can make infinite backups - and save them onto a replacement 3DS should you ever need it.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

FoolyCharged posted:

But Charlotte is good?

What, haven't you ever heard of Good Charlotte? :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=desJKYvdq9A

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Jadecore posted:

I am extremely fond of the Fates kids despite them really having little reason to be here. I dunno, they've just got that same flexibility, I like most of them as characters, they're fun. I'm also part of the group that tries to do well by Selena despite her almost never actually working out for me, so I might just be giving everyone too much slack.

Incidentally, this LP has gotten me to dust off my 3DS and play another round with the Expanded Same-Sex Marriage Patch, aka Gay Fates. So thanks for the inspiration.

On my Birthright playthrough, I believe I had F!Corrin marry Rinkah, who is delightfully tsun.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

camilla.jpg

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Walla posted:

Could you see Owain as an Onmyoji? :D

I dunno, but I could see him as an Owainmyoji. :D

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Keldulas posted:

The problem, even if those with the rights cared enough to do that, is that you'd be shackling a theoretical good writer to the stinking fetid corpse that is the game's existing baseline.

It can work — it’ll just look a lot different once the dust settles.

quote:

- There’s no reason for children characters to exist. They’re only in the game because people loved them in Awakening. Awakening’s children had a reason to exist and a goal, which helped give at least a baseline of writing to work with. Fates children start existing with plot contrivance and have literally no impact on events.

Remove them.

quote:

- Contributing to the next problem, there’s too many loving characters. This is Fire Emblem bloat at its worst.

Can’t help you there, but the removing kids might affect how the size of the cast is perceived.

quote:

- Corrin is the big gaping canker, being a self-insert avatar. They can't ever do wrong, yet need to face challenges. The result is an incompetent bland character that has no real impact on events as things contrive themselves into place. Either they're accidentally murdering swaths of people in Birthright for pathos or they're somehow never killing anyone themselves in Conquest to stay righteous. What's the point?

Then make ‘em more morally gray in the relevant direction. Same for their side. It’d be a big job and would probably require stripping the game down to the concepts—but I think it could be done.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Cythereal posted:

tl;dr (and please don't jump down my throat for this) there was an interview after the game's release where IntSys described Crimson Flower as the 'supreme ruler tyrant' route and that Silver Snow is the 'true empire' route, and that Edelgard was designed to be Byleth's dark mirror and arch-enemy. In case you didn't pick up on the subtext, the Crest of Flames is 3H's version of the Fire Emblem, and IntSys had the idea "What if the hero and villain of the story both had the Fire Emblem?"

So you're the villain? :ssh:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Hot take: the thing to remove from FE is growth RNG.

There should be a mode where stat caps are completely fixed based on the unit and class, and level-ups just scale towards that.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Regarding the previous chapter:

Do you believe love can bloom between the members of the Hoshidan and Nohrian royal families on a battlefield? :v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

BrightWing posted:

The horse was holding Xander back

So you’re saying he was just horsing around?

:v:

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

That was cool!

It’d be interesting if some future Fire Emblem game were to add an Ironman mode (no take-backs on that save file if a unit dies).

Not on Lunatic, though, hopefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

:golfclap: