Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Anyone tried these yet?

Im going to get the spicy one after work and will post a review.

quote:

Our NEW Jack’s Fried Chicken range is 40% bigger than other fried chicken burgers, with a Big, Thick, Crunchy, Juicy whole muscle chicken breast that delivers an epic eating experience with every bite.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Review: Hungry Jacks has truly booked a one way ticket to hell with its advertorial bombasticity and outright lies about this burger.

40% bigger than other fried chicken burgers: "Other", which other? I can not believe this to be true. Burgers in Oompa Loompa land would be bigger than this burger.
Big: False, it is the same or smaller than their other chicken items and is definitly smaller than the KFC Zinger.
Thick: False, it is not thick. Again the KFC Zinger is thicker and so are Nandos chicken burgers
Crunchy: Slightly. But most of the time the fried crunchy element offered nothing.
Juicy: Slightly, again. It wasn't cooked poorly and was decent.
An epic eating experience: False, There is nothing epic about this burger. The Whopper is far more epic.
Spicy: Barely. Occasionally there was a slight tinge of spicy but no heat, I initially assumed I had been given the wrong burger.

I have no idea what the yellow cheese/sauce? stuff in this burger is. All in all it was no better and barely different to any of their other chicken burgers, The fried element adding basically nothing.

Standard size Bic lighters for scale

Boner M fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Sep 30, 2021

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
1) it is not a burger, it is a chicken sandwich. as it does not contain hamburger patty, but rather a chicken patty. that's like calling a meat/egg/cheese breakfast sandwich an "egg burger" or a "bacon burger"

2) It looks like they use the same supply line as US Burger King for the chicken, I wonder if that's true. When I got one in the US it came in a cardboard box instead of a wrapper and the bun looked fluffy like in the promo pic. It didn't taste any better than a flattened bun in a wrapper-ed sandwich, but it looked like the picture on the menu. It was also one of the most expensive items on the menu. Is that also true over there in Hungry Jack Land?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
That looks like utter poo poo.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

WITCHCRAFT posted:

1) it is not a burger

its a burger, your lands may use different terms but in mine its a burger.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
weird lookin taco m8

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Handjob chicken burger

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

Boner M posted:

its a burger, your lands may use different terms but in mine its a burger.

It's actually really neat to learn how things are different in another country, especially when you speak the same language and can trace the origin back to where we both branched apart centuries ago. I enjoyed reading your post. But I had to defend my American Burger Honor.

A burger is ground meat formed into a patty. It is probably served on a bun. It may contain additional ingredients such as eggs and breadcrumbs for texture and to cheaply increase the yield of burger meats. It is grilled. Sometimes you say gently caress it and pan fry them on the stovetop.

Turkey burgers and salmon burgers are not a super popular item in the US, you won't find them in a drive thru fast food place. But if you said you had a turkey burger for dinner last night most people would understand that you meant a patty of ground meat, like a beef hamburger and all that entails. Same recipe more or less, just with a different type of meat.

You can get ground/minced chicken at most grocers but for whatever reason chicken burgers are Not A Thing in the same as a turkey burger. If you called something a chicken burger I would still assume it was this though. Ground chicken prepared like a ground beef hamburger patty.

A chicken sandwich is almost always breaded and fried. It could be cheap meat paste like a big flat chicken nugget, or it could be an actual chunk of chicken meat. But it's breaded and fried. It is not prepared like a hamburger and it is not grilled like a hamburger. A breaded fried piece of chicken is not a burger.

hamburders :pseudo:

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Oct 2, 2021

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Chicfila is not a burger place - they sell chicken sandwiches.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

WITCHCRAFT posted:

that's like calling a meat/egg/cheese breakfast sandwich an "egg burger" or a "bacon burger"

Australians do this btw, you can get a brekky burger (bacon, egg, cheese, maybe greens, and usually some sauce) at most cafes now

I'm disappointed to hear the HJs one sucks, it looks really good in the ad. I just want Australia to get the crispy chicken craze/get more fried chicken places than KFC :negative:

Edit: in Australia the "burger" designation has moved from the meat to the ["hamburger"] bun. So an Australian burger is characterised by a burger-style bun regardless of filling

The Narrator fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Oct 15, 2021

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

What the hell is Hungry Jack's? There's no way the Hungry Jack that waits out back for us to throw out the expired cereal or noodles or whatever owns a business.

Keep goin Hungry Jack.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

The Narrator posted:

Australians do this btw, you can get a brekky burger (bacon, egg, cheese, maybe greens, and usually some sauce) at most cafes now

I'm disappointed to hear the HJs one sucks, it looks really good in the ad. I just want Australia to get the crispy chicken craze/get more fried chicken places than KFC :negative:

Edit: in Australia the "burger" designation has moved from the meat to the ["hamburger"] bun. So an Australian burger is characterised by a burger-style bun regardless of filling

So if you ask for a "plain burger" do they just hand you the bun?

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Twenty Four posted:

So if you ask for a "plain burger" do they just hand you the bun?

Depending on context they might assume you want a beef burger, but like if you're at a chicken place they'd probably assume a chicken burger.

It'd probably be confusing though, like asking for a "plain sandwich"

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I thought it was better than HJs usually does but still pretty poo poo.

The comically false ad depiction with all the craggily fried batter is inexcusable though. The burgers are smooth.

Getting those crags isn't even hard, KFC manages it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I dunno what this is, but it sure as poo poo ain't 'a burger' and you should leave your country of origin immediately, out of shame, for brighter shores, because good god.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!