Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Bond has a pretty big overseas following from people who have never been to the UK except to go see a football match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

nurmie posted:

as a filthy forriner, i concur. english people on average aren't that much more (or less) xenophobic than any other people i've encountered, at least in my experience. nor their brand of xenophobia is all that unique, all things considered. there's one or two uniquely-English hang-ups though (muh Empire and all that, among other things)

The English are, on average, actually less racist and xenophobic than the people where I'm from :vv:

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

eh, i'm only as hosed as a lot of other people. Long term issues combined with living in a country that's deadset on getting even harsher and all that. It was one half hyperbole and one half gallows humour that I probably need to reign in. Things are rough but there's many more people with it worse than I have and there's more of them every day.

This goes for everyone here, but just because other people might have it worse, doesn't mean you shouldn't ask for help if you need it. The fund is pretty healthy atm so even if it's just a little thing you could use some help with, that's what the fund is for.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Borrovan posted:

I hope the traffic cone was okay :ohdear:

Would you be if you had to touch IDS?

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

They'll have to out-crank Rosie Duffield first.

Does make me wonder what causes the academic break with reality in those cases though. Some kind of epistemological break?

It's still really plain and common stuff like facebook poisoning combined with 'I know the industry and IT IS full of flaws and people half assing things!!!1' which, y'know, every industry is full of.

e: On this day in 1988 Chile votes in a referendum 56-44 against extending Augusto Pinochet's regime by 8 years thus ending the dictator's 16½ years in power. One of the few examples of a vote actually signifcantly changing anything.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Who is Roko? Not John Galt I presume. Serious question, I assume it's a gamer figure of some sort?

https://www.lesswrong.com/tag/rokos-basilisk

e: posted a better link

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

If I won the lottery I'd live in a tent and eat cold beans out of a can like my hero, Jurmy Crumbins.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

HopperUK posted:

My pharmacy chain is not good but LLoyds is poo poo. Not surprised they can't keep pharmacists. We're losing them too.

Losing them to who? I assume they're not retraining as HGV drivers.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Do you have a child, nephew or niece in their teens who can reasonably be expected to test positive for covid on a regular basis so you have to stay at home?

If you're double vaxxed and someone in your house tests positive you don't need to isolate anymore.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Colin Powell is dead, that's one fewer war criminal.

How is Kissinger outliving all these other ghouls??

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Even Satan doesn't want him.

Ah, he's hellmaxxing.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

keep punching joe posted:

Brenda dying will be the pretext for UK government banning Twitter to prevent the spread of disrespectful image macros.

Some boomer is gonna stand up in the House of Commons and ask the governement to ban the use of disrespectful may-mays about brenda carking it on the internet, or at least make it a criminal offense punishable by jail time.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Failed Imagineer posted:

I hope the UK gets to pick the new one by texting CHARLES or WILLIAM or LIMMY to a premium number

UKMT: queen dead so what

Surprise write-in winner Jeremy Corbyn crowned new queen of England.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Jedit posted:

Five'll get you ten that he used a dildo in the planning of that scene. I wouldn't rule out them being his teeth, either.

You think he planned it???