Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
if you’ve been wondering about been about how Jess Phillips could possibly twist the Sarah Everard case to be about her, well, wonder no more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Necrothatcher posted:

seems like a fair point to me tbh

she’s not wrong about it being a police problem rather than a women problem, but there is absolutely no reason the word “I” needs to be anywhere in that article

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
please stop posting letters from Viz

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Rosie Duffield's got to be one, surely

then Lisa Nandy, and maybe Graham Stringer?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Spangly A posted:

Duffield leaving would guarantee labour get the seat next election, why take her?

right now I don't think Labour are retaining the seat with her in it, her blatant trans- and biphobia are losing her support in Labour fast

plus at some point Keir is going to have to actually make a decision about keeping her in the party, I can see her jumping before she's pushed

Spangly A posted:

And why would Nandy leave? She's put proper work into leadership ambitions that shell be admitting are over

Nandy is admittedly much more of a stretch but she's been consistently one of the very bluest of blue Labour, maybe she thinks she can rein in the extreme wing of the Tories some

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

stev posted:

After this long what would it actually take for them to get rid of her? They've spent the last few years happily complicit in her bigotry.

it kinda feels like the backlash she's getting is getting larger and harder to ignore whenever she opens her mouth and shits her awful opinions everywhere, but that might just be confirmation bias on my part

the only people who are going to jump are some sort of incredibly egotistical "they vote for me not for the party" morons so it kind of has to be someone at least vaguely well-known

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I was thinking it'd been a while since our last drive-by troll

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
he doesn't even report on it, he just reports it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Pascal is that French guy what made milk safe to drink

no pascal is that Mexican drink with a worm in it

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
my god I forgot how loving insufferable HIGNFY is nowadays

Ian loving Hislop sitting there and cracking the world's laziest jokes about how the Tories are all incompetent or corrupt or both, without any acknowledgement that the years he and his media pals spent shrieking about Corbyn made a very significant contribution to keeping those same Tories in power

oval office

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

mods please rename me melch-dick tia

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

mediaphage posted:

what’s their reasoning behind this

"gently caress the poor/minorities"

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Spangly A posted:

The weird thing is that the public grudgingly supported XR. I remember people late for work, held up by the worst possible student theatre, grumbling "well the climate is important" from their cars. Everyone itt, and every leftist I know personally, gave them poo poo for backing off when they had public approval for an effective strategy to harm the government and economy.

How has the presence of a concrete demand caused this switch?

they've attained a high level of notoriety through extremely visible protests and then managed to put forward the most incredibly unsuitable idiots possible to do all the media interviews

the question is whether they're an op and this was purposeful, or whether they're just a bunch of complete morons

(it's probably both)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

So every Briton either dies of diabetic shock or becomes a jacked powerlifter with a big gut. I say let's roll the dice

this is one way to achieve stronk britane

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Gripweed posted:

That article says that up to half of Britain could be rewilded.

no, it says campaigners want to rewild up to half of Britain, nothing about whether it’s actually practical, or even possible

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Oct 14, 2021

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
on the one hand:

stev posted:

My mind's already racing at how this will be weaponised.

on the other, he's a Tory, I can't be bothered to try and summon up even a gram of sympathy

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
who had 21.30 for the first hand-wringing liberal

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
once again UKMT lives up to the title of "most easily trolled thread on SA"

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 15, 2021

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

atal posted:

stuff like this is why only weirdos post in this thread anymore

if this is an example of the level of posting we're somehow missing out on, then actually I think we'll be fine thanks

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
iirc it was someone wanting to take a picture of themselves in front of the OP's door, so unrelated to this particular bit of DWP fuckery

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
don't steal stuff that people are deliberately growing on their allotments, jesus christ

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Archaeology Hat posted:

anything positive labour might have to say

lol

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Corbyn standing as an independent would easily beat whatever lovely centrist got parachuted in to contest Islington North

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

I loving hate this country and I loving hate tories.

big loving same

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

I don't know about the queen but this man absolutely looks like he's at death's door

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

WhatEvil posted:

lmfao the "CORBYN WILL CAUSE BIN STRIKES" people must be experiencing some major cognitive dissonance right now.

lol if you think he's not going to get the blame for this anyway

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JoylessJester posted:

So some Newcastle fans are being investigated by the police for unfurling an anti-Saudi banner because it features a man in 'Arabic clothing' but the fans dancing in the street celebrating the takeover with tea towels on their heads were fine.

it was Crystal Palace not Newcastle fans

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
wonder how much Wetherspoons paid for this hour-long advert on channel 5

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Guavanaut posted:

a piece of poo poo in a plastic tray that you microwave to body temperature and then drop into the toilet

ah I see you are familiar with Rustlers burgers

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Oct 25, 2021

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

keep punching joe posted:

Non dairy Margarine is fine, vegetable oil and apple sauce as a substitute to egg is fine. Vegan baking is fine.

Vegan pizza on the other hand is an abomination.

margarine is just about fine in like a sponge cake or something, but try making croissants with it and see how far you get

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

A Good Beach (These Days Is Hard To Find)

The Beach Boys - God Only Knows (what’s in the water)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
hospitality industry: too many people have left the sector because of Brexit and covid, we can't get enough staff, give us tax breaks please government

also hospitality industry: you must have at least one year of experience for this minimum wage job

cunts

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
went to a "recruitment evening" at a local country house hotel the Wednesday before last, had a chat with the restaurant manager, thought it went pretty well

have they got in touch since? have they fuuuuuck

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

let's hope he gave it to the rest of them

if we end up with >150k dead from covid and there isn't a single Tory MP among them I will be so very disappointed

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

instead he should take a leaf out of Domino's book and employ current drug dealers to do food deliveries

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
even if rationing might be a good idea in theory in practice it's just going to be used as another stick to beat the poor with

remember what the Tories thought a reasonable week's worth of children's lunches looked like? that's the baseline they'll be setting

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

ah yes, because what drug dealers want most of all is attention

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

lol of course they're based in Glasto, of course

and presumably planning on expanding up to Stroud and down to Totnes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Noxville posted:

I wasn’t aware that everyone’s favourite columnist was in fact an award-winning author

https://twitter.com/dunntweetin/status/1454368097410985986?s=21

if anyone else had written this I'd be convinced it was deliberately bad in order to win the prize

with GC though, I don't think he's got enough self-awareness for that, I'm sure he genuinely thinks it's good