Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
We've survived another month.

Dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Aw gently caress, man, that really sucks. I am so sorry.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Best Friends posted:

Unrelated but:

The Something Awful Forums > Internet VF-Boo!

US Berder Patrol posted:

Internet VFW (vampires, fantasms, and witches)

I made a change request with the admins to rename the subforum something appropriately scary for October

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Oh look, more reasons not to use AT&T

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-oneamerica-att/

quote:

A Reuters review of court records shows the role AT&T played in creating and funding OAN, a network that continues to spread conspiracy theories about the 2020 election and the COVID-19 pandemic.

OAN founder and chief executive Robert Herring Sr has testified that the inspiration to launch OAN in 2013 came from AT&T executives.

“They told us they wanted a conservative network,” Herring said during a 2019 deposition seen by Reuters. “They only had one, which was Fox News, and they had seven others on the other [leftwing] side. When they said that, I jumped to it and built one.”

Since then, AT&T has been a crucial source of funds flowing into OAN, providing tens of millions of dollars in revenue, court records show. Ninety percent of OAN’s revenue came from a contract with AT&T-owned television platforms, including satellite broadcaster DirecTV, according to 2020 sworn testimony by an OAN accountant.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Offering Austria classified material on nuclear subs was a dumb move anyway.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Stultus Maximus posted:

This was a joke, right?

Yes.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Bah.

McNally fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 13, 2021

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
We're going to stop now.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Best Friends posted:

I'm completely comfortable saying China does a lot of terrible things. Their environmental policy is disastrous, their human rights record is bad, and they are oppressing Muslims in Western China.

We have done far more harm to Muslims than China, and those things we've done have been cheered by the exact same political and media figures who are currently pretending they care about Muslims in Western China. There's whataboutism, and then there's guys in "I loving love it when governments kill Muslims" t shirts acting shocked and appalled at China mistreating Muslims.

It's obviously not genuine concern for Muslim human rights driving this campaign, so it must be something else. It sure seems like that something else is saber rattling.

And with that we are moving on now.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

RFC2324 posted:

What about the other 2% of the time? :ohdear:

Don't eat the banana.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

The douchebags are the people that don't want a bunch of cowboys carrying guns in public in a dense urban area?

The douchebags are the people in New York City and Long Island restricting gun ownership statewide.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Cops arent proactive lmao

They are when it comes to minorities and the homeless!

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Please move on.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Wingnut Ninja posted:

A little surprised that in a group of over 4000 kids only one ate a penny during that period.

Only one was caught eating a penny.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

mlmp08 posted:

It would weaken the entire union to argue that anyone who both produces and acts in the same production forfeits their membership if there is a safety incident.

It would also weaken the whole union to tell actors that they will be expelled if, even after an armorer and/or prop master prepares and clears a prop weapon or other special effect device, the actors are not also clearing and and certifying the safety, independently.

Some unions are next-level to the point of being bad and liars (lookin’ at cop unions), but unions have to defend unlikeable asses like Baldwin rather than weaken the union’s protections of decent workers. There are means to improve future safety on work sites other than throwing away worker protections and representation.

Maybe they could throw him out of the union for hiring scabs.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

You pay $130bn in tax?!?!

He owes $130bn in tax, they put him on an installment plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Out of idle curiosity I checked the status of a House bill I hope passes, HR 2827 - Captain James C. Edge Gold Star Spouse Equity Act. Short version is that it lets surviving spouses keep their indemnity compensation if they remarry.

Turns out there was a committee meeting on Monday where they discussed it. Also discussed at this committee meeting were bills to increase SGLI to $500,000 because of inflation since they made it $400,00 and to increase Dependency and Indemnity Compensation benefits to equal 55% of what a 100% disabled vet gets (bringing it in line with other federal survivor benefits).

Not a lot was said about HR 2827 but the other two bills got decent amount of talky time.

Edit: Holding hearings on these bills is way way more than the SBP-DIC offset repeal bills ever got, so I'm.... tentatively less pessimistic.

McNally fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Oct 30, 2021