Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Alien might be dated, but the idea of a creature hunting you so it can use you as an incubator rather than eat you outright was always an unsettling place to start.

That was before H R Giger brought the concept to life in even more unsettling ways :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I think Alien holds up decently because:

A) Ash was the true villain, and Ian Holm carried it brilliantly
B) the creature itself only had like 4min of screen time across the entire movie, so you don’t get to see how silly the costume actually looks for any amount of time. Just flashes here and there.

I’ve been on an Aliens kick ever since Fireteam: Elite came out, then I went through Isolation…and also bought the Another Glorious Day in the Corps board game :v:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

There is also an Alien RPG that Free League Press put out.

And another board game that came out in August set aboard the Nostromo :negative:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CainFortea posted:

Crocs are famous for having holes in them.

Incidentally, crocs are infamous for leaving holes in others :dadjoke:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

shame on an IGA posted:

:sympathy: hope she's ok bro

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

fknlo posted:

Thanks for the well wishes. She’s not going to make it. Sitting in an airport by yourself crying when you find out is not fun.

Oh no :smith:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

If it’s a legitimate death, god has ways of shutting it down.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

It's someone's job to go around daily and check that line for breaks, too.

J&J is asking the FDA for booster authorization today, apparently.

How fast would/could they get it? Kind of want to schedule my cut-rate slut-juice booster ASAP.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

The Eyes Have It posted:

This still sounds like "well technically"

It’s in the right spirit of things, then :dadjoke:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Kazinsal posted:

This is the BC governement's standard social distancing awareness poster.

quote:

Reduce the spread

The goatman was emphatically against reducing the spread.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Given that a lot of these Judge's are likely also white supremacists, a lot of God's Plan reflects the KKKs/CSAs plans...

You could even call it the Cornerstone of their beliefs :v:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Pretty sure the Wizard turned out to be some insane alt-right style racist/misogynist, it's just that noone had ever really listened to him long enough to realise.

This username/post combo is screaming “good, my rival has had a setback :colbert:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

orange juche posted:

There's something about being a washed up band and getting brain worms.

But if they’re Trapt in there, they’ll make him Headstrong :dadjoke:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

My wife just acted like she never got it and just got the Pfizer two dose one,

Honestly I’m almost to this point. I got J/J back in March.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Who’s going to play Harriet Tubman? :getin:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Fwiw when I think highway patrol I think the Florida highway patrol who sit on the interstate and write tickets and work out of small shacks as an hq.

NC has their highway patrol, somehow DMV has (did have?) their own law enforcement and there’s also an NC SBI floating around somewhere. In addition to whatever city, county, or federals are floating around in the area as well.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Cugel the Clever posted:

I can guarantee this is not the message the megachurches are offering.

Ex: Joel Osteen closing church doors to people looking for shelter after hurricane Harvey’s flooding in Houston.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/joel-osteen-faces-criticism-social-media-closing-houston/story?id=49480146

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Someone mentioned the VA governor’s race, anyone local have thoughts on what’s going on there? I’m suddenly getting a pile of fundraising emails about how close Mcauliffe and the actual, literal ghoul are polling.