Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hell yeah Horror movie season and Halloween time. 🎃

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I think my brain is busted about halloween. I just don't care about it, at all. Don't really need horror movies anymore either, plenty of scarier poo poo on cable news than some boogeyman in a cornfield.

I'll be putting out candy for the neighborhood kids this year, though. First time I'll have done that in 6 years.

See for me I get to enjoy it with my kids, because otherwise I’d probably be more low key…well except for watching movies. Also I tend to incorporate sci-fi monster movies into the definition of horror so it’s a little more varied. Plus honestly the best horror is the unrealistic stuff in a sense. The stuff you can tell yourself is not real and it’s kind of relaxing. There is a quote from Lucio Fulci about it I need to dig up.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I don't know when my brain broke over horror, sci-fi horror included, it just doesn't register as anything more than unintentional comedy at best. Maybe it's years of desensitization, maybe it's the real monsters in the news every single day, but it all feels hollow.

Kinda feel like kids should be more afraid of their pastor than a swamp monster or an alien.

Bingo! That's the nice thing with horror film, while some are super realistic, most of them aren't, and it's kind of a release. I mean be afraid of the Priest wanting to sodomize a bunch of kids, but Jason isn't real and you don't have to worry about him punching your head off (real talk Part 8 if you just ignore the Manhattan aspect, being skimpy as hell), is really drat fun.

Also there is nothing wrong with unintentional comedy.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Icon Of Sin posted:

I think Alien holds up decently because:

A) Ash was the true villain, and Ian Holm carried it brilliantly
B) the creature itself only had like 4min of screen time across the entire movie, so you don’t get to see how silly the costume actually looks for any amount of time. Just flashes here and there.

I’ve been on an Aliens kick ever since Fireteam: Elite came out, then I went through Isolation…and also bought the Another Glorious Day in the Corps board game :v:

There is also an Alien RPG that Free League Press put out.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Personally they should keep exploring this.

Senior Biden aides privately explored whether payments could continue even if U.S. breached debt ceiling
Despite extensive review, White House says only option remains for Congress to pass legislation to avert calamity

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/10/01/white-house-debt-ceiling/

I also thought FI the was kidding about the trillion dollars coin. Welp I was wrong. lol that said when he calls the same type of problems like in Venezuela or Zimbabwe or Weimer Germany when they just tried to keep printing money? I'll freely admit econ isn't my thing, so people can feel free to explain why it is or isn't similar.

WaPo posted:

Liberals such as Reps. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) and Jerrold Nadler (D-N.Y.) have also proposed minting a “trillion-dollar coin” that would allow Treasury to continue to pay its bills. Yellen ruled out that approach in her testimony.
“I believe the only way to handle the debt ceiling is for Congress to raise it and show the world, the financial markets, and the public that we’re a country that will pay our bills when we incur them,” Yellen said.

mlmp08 posted:

The RPG has a bit of clunky stuff (vehicle combat), but I’ve really enjoyed it. Combat is loving brutal and usually quick. It’s very high risk/reward gameplay.

I played a few short (2-3 session ea) encounter this past year, and it can be a ton of fun just playing as the low key mechanic or grunt or whatever who usually isn’t the center of attention, but lives in the space of ultimately checking the player or character who goes off the deep end. Or who just fixes engines and stuff and avoids dying via being useful but a coward.

I wonder if some of the clunky stuff is unique to alien or just the way they create their games? I did back there twilight 2000 and I have the manual but I haven’t had a chance to really look through it, it does look pretty goddamn complex, but then again it is Twilight2K.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 1, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

A Bad Poster posted:

Why do we have our enormous military if not to tell people we owe money to to gently caress off?

I like this idea! lol

That said I think it’s illegal to settle international debt disputes anymore with military forces. There were a couple of early 20th century incidents with European powers and South and Central America and the US and in the end mediation became the new method.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shame on an IGA posted:

:sympathy: hope she's ok bro

Ditto.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

fknlo posted:

Thanks for the well wishes. She’s not going to make it. Sitting in an airport by yourself crying when you find out is not fun.

I’m so sorry man. Just keep posting if it helps. We’re all here to help and listen.

Also if you need help booking stuff let us know. No one should have to do that stuff when under such emotional stress.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Oct 2, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That was goddamn amazing sir

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

iirc, it was not a person elevator, but an equipment one. He was also not a tesla employee, but a contractor. He reported racist bullshit from both tesla and his employer. His employer took corrective action. Tesla, well, they're paying $130m because they don't fix racism problems when they arise - they exacerbate them.

This guy is lucky because he somehow was able to avoid the arbitration agreement.

It helps not having Lin Wood as your counsel.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr. Nice! posted:

According to the Jewish faith, he is totally cool with it. The Torah is not in heaven. It’s on Earth, and the laws of the rabbis per the covenant with g*d are upheld as correct.

Yeah, I mean if anyone Jewish god would probably love that poo poo. Him hating rules lawyering would be like him hating usury, that’s just not how Jewish god rolls.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Hyrax Attack! posted:

In Redmond, WA they have these signs. There is no need for the hands to be in the image at all. Kinda wonder why vandals haven't gone around adding rings.

I think it’s meant to represent hands on a steering wheel.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

depends on your brain and the dosage

You can do anything if you put your mind to it!

:v:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MonkeyWash posted:

A reminder that if you have a VA rating for anything that requires depression meds that cause performance issues, you may be entitled to Special Monthly Compensation K, for loss of a creative organ. It is an extra $111.74 a month and it stacks on your other payments.

poo poo I didn’t get any drat money for my left testicle. This might be the one area where someone actually makes out better in the military vs civilian healthcare.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dying of Organ failure to own the libs, by not getting vaccinated

Hospital system says it will deny transplants to the unvaccinated in ‘almost all situations’

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/bradheath/status/1445720929775067138?s=10

So basically AT&T created OANN. I wonder if they will still be funding it in the near future?

Efb

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sentinel posted:

2 cans of dip for a technical seems like a fair trade.

This seems like the most American military bartering exchange ever. Well , maybe not most, perhaps if it included a can of rip it.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Well at least it wasn’t surfacing over a Japanese vessel this time.

https://twitter.com/aviation_intel/status/1446207098165989378?s=21

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Eh, I did not like the ending at all, what with it being a second cousin of the awful "my third wish is that none of this had ever happened."

Barely teenage me preferred Congo. The book, not the movie. The movie was just godawful.

Congo the movie rules except for the talking ape parts (like I mean the literal talking).

I mean good lord man, how can you not love this scene? Delroy Lindo is fantastic!

https://youtu.be/8fbGbPwKbQA

poo poo I could probably do a review longer then movie about why I love it. lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

No aborting assault rifles after 6 weeks.

“Think of all the military surplus that can be saved from bubba”

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

God that place is as cursed as it’s loving name is.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brute Squad posted:

'I'm radioactive -- no one wants to hire me!' MAGA rioter 'tears up' at plea hearing

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-riot-plea-hearing/

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1446471440778268678?s=20 for the live tweet thread the story is based on.

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1446514586740563993?s=20

get hosed traitor.

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1446518199500120093?s=20

got 3 months on a misdemeanor plea bargain.

An important question remains, is the crime punishable by a year or more, regardless of the sentence? Seriously these people becoming prohibited persons is pretty hilarious.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boop the snoot posted:

I did not expect that outcome.

Also how Gruden escalated from childish name mocking to SUPER HARDCORE RACIST poo poo in five seconds.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Milo and POTUS posted:

"sheeple" still tops my list of I'm talking to a stupid mother fucker

It’s one of those words that lets your brain know he can go take a stroll for a while.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Steve Harwell, the now-former lead singer of Smash Mouth, apparently let his own brain go for a walk during an unfortunate recent performance.

https://twitter.com/wapplehouse/status/1447397226418946049

It's kind of funny but it's really more sad to watch someone coming apart at the seams in public.

Well at least he was drunk as opposed to some of those at Stone Temple Pilot’s later sets that I’ve seen.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Oct 12, 2021

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lake of Methane posted:

The only person I can think of where those amber shooting glasses aren't a huge, billowing red flag about a person is Hunter S. Thompson.

I guess even that exception is subjective.

https://youtu.be/NHeSC_Ws5Ic

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/mrrfh/status/1448027935869390873?s=21

That’s an oof.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Androies posted:

God this video never gets old

:same:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

The sad thing is, judging from some of the people I've encountered, it really isn't.

Doesn’t C-Spam have an entire thread to just straight up pretending nothing bad is happening to Uighurs and others?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boop the snoot posted:

What about good posts

Well there was that time some goon was going to walk across America for Depression...or something, and got like 5 miles in and quit.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hobbesmaster posted:

Sounds like normal treatment for US jails and prisons, maybe treating conservatives the same way as everyone else will get things changed a bit?

"Conservatives? Listen Friend those people are Antifa plants." "Just let it go gangrene and ask him if Bernie is going to help him now."-GODBLESSTRUMP69 right before he dies choking on horse splooge.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

not caring here posted:

Is that the one who got a walmart cart and it broke almost immediately and he nearly died walking through a slight incline in a park?

I think it was actually a stroller...making it even more hilarious and dumb.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stealie72 posted:

And not even a good one. I think it was one that was meant to be towed behind a bike but had a little front wheel adapter so that you could do stuff like take it off your bike and push your kid into a store.

I've seen people convert good jogger strollers (the kind that look like they have kids' bike wheels on them with actual pneumatic tires) as off-road cargo haulers before, and that would have worked pretty well.

Goddamn that thread really is the never ending gift.

That said, what you described (the competent way), I feel like that should have been some feature in Death Stranding to upgrade stuff. lol

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/maxkennerly/status/1448294648938696707?s=21

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Xenoborg posted:

Maybe I was living in Oklahoma too long, but that just sounds like a normal rural South-Midwest accent.

I’m more struck by how he looks like Sam Elliot or that marine sniper Carlos Hathcock(?)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kongsberg: Several killed in Norway bow and arrow attack https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-58906165

Prepare to see this url a lot in bad faith arguments about guns in the years to come.

Honestly to kill a bunch of people with bows and arrows the person has to have some Rambo tier poo poo/skill they have or it’s a crossbow.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kesper North posted:

Eh?

People kill elk and even moose with bow and arrow, a human isn't going to fare better.

If you're a good archer you can pull, draw and loose in a very short span of time. Not semiautomatic fast, but fast enough, especially if you're firing into an unprepared crowd that is trying to flee in a confined space.

Well that was kind of my thought, it was either someone with a lot of talent or a crossbow (which could arguably compensate for certain deficiencies. I didn’t mean to imply an arrow or bolt isn’t deadly for a human.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Goddamn that was fast.

What’s the old saying of TFR? Ah yes, “we love guns, just not other gun owners.” Still true by and large.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Any explanation why it’s going back up? Not that I’m complaining mind you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I expected something out of her at some point, but yeah, that's impressively fast with an incredibly bad take.

I guess she’s afraid of MTG doing something more batshit before she does.

Sacrist65 posted:

Corporations banning the spread of vaccine misinformation mostly. The timing seems right.

Arven posted:

People holding that view no longer being alive
See I wonder if it’s more of A or B or both? I honestly think it’s social media companies cutting access vs people learning from someone’s death.