Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I’m very sorry for your loss, man. You and your family are in my thoughts, I’m so sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

loving :lol:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

How long til he's on fox

Maybe Fox News but not NFL on Fox. He’s PNG for the league and it’s broadcasting partners.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
In current events news: Social Security is getting its largest increase since the 80’s. 5.9%. An average of $92 a month for social security recipients.

VA benefits are supposedly getting a nice increase soon too, but I can’t find any non chud sources for that.

Inflation is happening in earnest, and it will eat up most if not all of these increases so really: :sigh:

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Oh, and to pay for this increase the social security taxable income is going from $142,800 to $147,000.

So sayeth the wall street journal.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
For the love of god I’m grasping at straws with the social security stuff, I admit, but can we just not post about posting? It never works out well in this thread.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ASAPI posted:

But I thought our jail/prison system was supposed to be slave labor?

His feelings are hurt because he is getting the same lovely treatment as other prisoners?

To be clear, the prison system sucks and even child molestors deserve better treatment than what we give. Prison is supposed to reform, not send people to early graves while having pains that could be cured.

That’s an emphatic nope from me, man.

I’m firmly in camp cruelty for child molestors.

gently caress ‘em.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

mlmp08 posted:

This is one of the reasons we have a bill of rights: to help protect us from emotional capriciousness.

It’s not emotional capriciousness. I’ve thought it through and worked it out. I can still think of myself as a good person and be A-Okay with child molestors being met with 8th amendment breaking punishment in our penal system.

“Oh no, why won’t you think of the poor child molestors rights?” Is a self answering question for all right thinking people in my humble opinion. But I’ll admit, it’s not constitutional. But it is right.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CainFortea posted:

Okay, but have you considered that someone convicted might not be guilty? Even if it was acceptable to basically torture prisoners, is it okay to torture wrongfully convicted people, even if it's something like .1%, just to make sure we torture the guilty ones?

Nope. Listen, in my perfect world the child molesters go through every circle of hell multiple times, for life. So it’s already fantasy land, and in fantasy land I get to hand wave away the 0.1% (I’d be shocked if it were this low, our judicial system is turbo hosed) wrongly convicted folks.

Mlmp08 is right when he states the constitution is there to protect people from people like me.
Whatever fringe wacko revenge torture I want for whatever group is safely protected from happening.

Who knows, maybe I’m like a dog chasing the mail truck that doesn’t know what to do when the truck stops and a real life human steps out.

An old friend of mine and fellow goon got popped for CP this spring. He’s looking at an effectively life sentence and will be treated in prison the same as a child molestor. Maybe my tune changes when it’s someone I loved, and grew up with. But honestly? I told him not to kill himself for his families sake, and cut off a 30 year long friendship. I got no place in my life for sex offenders.

I don’t anticipate my views softening. But then, I’ve never been good at predicting the future. I was in intelligence, after all.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Who/what is docevil? I’m online, but not terminally so.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RFC2324 posted:

What about the other 2% of the time? :ohdear:

It’s WAP, op.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

McNally posted:

Don't eat the banana.

It’s been shoved in fillipina WAP, op.

I said it was WAP, it was WAP. Trust me, op.

Trust me.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Bill Clinton in the hospital.

quote:

Bill Clinton has been hospitalized in Irvine, California with sepsis, CNN reports.

According to a spokesperson, he was admitted to UC Irvine hospital’s intensive care unit with a non-COVID-19 related infection Tuesday.

He had reportedly felt ill throughout the day. The spokesperson described the former president as responding well to antibiotics, “on the mend,” and in good spirits.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Terrifying Effigies posted:

She knows he's a scat man :butt:

https://youtu.be/Hy8kmNEo1i8

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think the online VR poo poo in loving snow crash is called The Metaverse isn’t it?

How much of Silicon Valley is a goddamn Neal Stephenson fever dream?

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Cryptonomicon was the better book. I’ve never read either without abusing some substance of some sort, though.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
And snow crash was definitely the child of too much cocaine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

My Spirit Otter posted:

My local legit butcher shop had fresh waygu steaks today, normally they only have frozen, so ive given them a pass, but now im gonna have a waygu beef steak for supper tomorroq and im pretty fuckin stoked

What cut of steak, how thick, and was it aged?

Super jealous of you. I get pretty good Waygu but it’s frozen and rather thin boneless ribeyes. I bring it up to room temp in a water bath while it’s still sealed, take it out, pat it dry, and salt each side liberally. Put some beef fat and a touch of oil in the cast iron, and get that loving thing stupid hot. 30-40 seconds per side gets you an even rare. 10-15 more seconds gets you medium, and longer than that and why the gently caress are you buying good beef?!

I dream of a thick rear end Waygu bone in ribeyes. Difficult cut to cook properly but goddamn I just want it so bad.