Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Stultus Maximus posted:

This was a joke, right?

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Cugel the Clever posted:

Come now, the Austrian navy has a storied history. Just look at the von Trapps!

or Horthy, for a significantly darker legacy

Never doubt their aspirations to secure Austrian dominance over the Brineland.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

guy's gonna feel doubly stupid when he finds out the strayans got nuclear subs legally

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

guy's gonna feel doubly stupid when he finds out the strayans got nuclear subs legally

How'd they post the background check? Aren't they all convicts?

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Oh my loving gods, the complaint:

quote:

The letter requested the transmission of the enclosed technical data to COUNTRY1’s military intelligence agency. The sender wrote: “I apologize for this poor translation into your language. Please forward this letter to your military intelligence agency. I believe this information will be of great value to your nation. This is not a hoax."

quote:

"I understand your proposal to start a dead drop. I am concerned that using a dead drop location your friend prepares makes me very vulnerable. If other interested parties are observing the location, I will be unable to detect them. I am not a professional, and do not have a team supporting me. I am also concerned that a physical gift would be very difficult to explain if I am questioned. For now, I must consider the possibility that you are not the person I hope you are."

He, of course, then still got persuaded to do the drop in a location they provided, which was, surprise, actively monitored.

quote:

"You can not imaging [sic] my relief at finding your letter just where you told me to look! Indeed, this has been a long journey and I am very happy to have a reliable professional partner in you.

thank you for the reminder to use cash only. I have been doing so at every step, and do not feel insulted at all. Since my self education is sure to have gaps, it is likely I will not know all things that are simple and obvious to you.

The amount per transaction is, in part a security measure. As you noted in your letter, US. security forces are lazy. They also have limited budgets. Bait of 10,000 or 20,000 USD to catch an agent are within their normal activities. 100,000 USD and more? They may offer it, but they will not deliver such a large amount.
"

quote:

"Thank you for your partnership as well, my friend. One day, when it is safe, perhaps two old friends will have a chance to stumble into each other at a cafe, share a bottle of wine and laugh over stories of their shared exploits. A fine thought, but I agree that our mutual need for security may make that impossible. Whether we meet or no [sic], I will always remember your bravery in serving your country and your commitment to helping me."

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Cugel the Clever posted:

He, of course, then still got persuaded to do the drop in a location they provided, which was, surprise, actively monitored.

Gut was literally dreaming up his own spy movie Post-Credits scene instead of contemplating his stupidity. :lol:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cugel the Clever posted:

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Stupid.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://www.ladbible.com/community/weird-council-to-stop-paying-wizard-16000-a-year-after-23-years-20211009

Haters

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Wow, gently caress those guys.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Thread title imo

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
you cant cut wizard funding! you will regret this!

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

ded posted:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

quote:

The Wizard - who has been paid since 1998 - outlined his plans going forward, explaining: "It makes no difference. I will still keep going. They will have to kill me to stop me."

Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

why not sigh

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

fuuuuuuuuck

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Nice

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

ded posted:

:cheersbird:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

'I'm radioactive -- no one wants to hire me!' MAGA rioter 'tears up' at plea hearing

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-riot-plea-hearing/

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1446471440778268678?s=20 for the live tweet thread the story is based on.

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1446514586740563993?s=20

get hosed traitor.

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1446518199500120093?s=20

got 3 months on a misdemeanor plea bargain.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brute Squad posted:

'I'm radioactive -- no one wants to hire me!' MAGA rioter 'tears up' at plea hearing

https://www.rawstory.com/capitol-riot-plea-hearing/

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1446471440778268678?s=20 for the live tweet thread the story is based on.

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1446514586740563993?s=20

get hosed traitor.

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1446518199500120093?s=20

got 3 months on a misdemeanor plea bargain.

An important question remains, is the crime punishable by a year or more, regardless of the sentence? Seriously these people becoming prohibited persons is pretty hilarious.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
It would be pretty cool if they faced real legal consequences but drat we can't discourage tourism like that

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Judge: “It’s become evident to me in the riot cases, many of the defendants who are pleading guilty are not truly accepting responsibility. They seem to trying to get this out of the way as quickly as possible”

Wow how does this loving guy think plea deals work for white men?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Midjack posted:

Judges don't generally think about the justice system in that way as far as I can tell.

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

I found this 2009 article when he was awarded the Queen's Service Medal (QSM).

quote:

"I think most people will be pleased to see the Wizard get a title like this but the rest of the world will be probably be thinking, 'It's a strange place New Zealand - what are they up to there giving a wizard a QSM?"'

Since arriving in Christchurch in 1974 and falling in love with the place, the Wizard has been a mainstay on the Cathedral Square tiles. It is there that he has espoused his philosophies on the meaning of life in what he calls "the longest-running show in New Zealand".

Formerly the Wizard of Christchurch, he was ordained the Wizard of New Zealand in 1990 by his good friend Mike Moore, who was Prime Minister at the time.

The proclamation from Parliament stated that he must protect the Government, wear appropriate regalia, bless new enterprises, cast out evil spirits, upset fanatics, cheer up fanatics and attract tourists.

Back in ye olde days of yore I suppose there probably were a lot of carny-wizards; not everyone can summon a dragon. I bet Kenneth Copeland would have been a wizard.

Edit: oh poo poo, "On 8 September 2003 The Wizard's large wooden house was destroyed by a fire, which Christchurch police treated as arson. The Wizard, his partner and two boarders were lucky to escape with their lives and The Wizard's extensive book and video collections were destroyed. The "Wizardmobile", constructed from the front halves of two VW Beetles, was also attacked and damaged."

Lake of Methane fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Oct 11, 2021

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Midjack posted:

Judge: “It’s become evident to me in the riot cases, many of the defendants who are pleading guilty are not truly accepting responsibility. They seem to trying to get this out of the way as quickly as possible”

Sometimes you have to say very obvious things on the record in order to explain your thinking to appellate courts.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Pretty sure the Wizard turned out to be some insane alt-right style racist/misogynist, it's just that noone had ever really listened to him long enough to realise.

Also lmao at that guy's church kicking him out for attracting bad press. Seems very on brand for american christianity.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Pretty sure the Wizard turned out to be some insane alt-right style racist/misogynist, it's just that noone had ever really listened to him long enough to realise.

This username/post combo is screaming “good, my rival has had a setback :colbert:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Icon Of Sin posted:

This username/post combo is screaming “good, my rival has had a setback :colbert:

a.k.a. "hahaha, my curse worked"

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

I guess NZ's socialized medicine doesn't cover frog pills.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
sports, but

https://twitter.com/andrewlbeaton/status/1446561055489069077

then a day later:

https://twitter.com/davidgura/status/1447727238598832129

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1447729994680176640

:toot:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I did not expect that outcome.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

boop the snoot posted:

Urban Meyer dodges the bullet for another week

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boop the snoot posted:

Also how Gruden escalated from childish name mocking to SUPER HARDCORE RACIST poo poo in five seconds.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Also how Gruden escalated from childish name mocking to SUPER HARDCORE RACIST poo poo in five seconds.

Been a thing for years behind closed doors apparently. The "big lips" thing is a common racist trope things and (again) I should've known more was coming, I was only surprised that it took another day or two for the bulk of the stuff to come out. I mean, look at the company he was keeping in these email chains:

https://twitter.com/cwarzel/status/1447734185863483393

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
How long til he's on fox

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Milo and POTUS posted:

How long til he's on fox

Maybe Fox News but not NFL on Fox. He’s PNG for the league and it’s broadcasting partners.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
It'll be fox news and he'll be railing against cancel culture by the super bowl as a sports analyst.

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?
Now do Urban Meyer.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Is he a piece of poo poo, too? I liked him back when he turned Utah's team around.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
He's the sex pest, right?

CNN sports correspondent for Chris Cuomo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

Godholio posted:

Is he a piece of poo poo, too? I liked him back when he turned Utah's team around.

He also tried to turn around a co-ed in Columbus it seems.