Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

:peanut:

Today is a great day because we are entering the three best months of the year. The weather is getting cooler (if you're in the best hemisphere anyway), the three best holidays are coming (in order from best to worst: Halloween, Thanksgiving (sorry non Americans (I envy you)), Christmas. Oh and New Years Eve I guess if you're not an old bastard like me who promptly falls asleep after even the slightest bit of alcohol

Other things that are good about these three months:

- Pumpkin Spice things (I am white)
- Witches
- Pretty trees

Let us celebrate the beginning of the good times, friends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I gonna see of i can stick a whole christmas tree up my rear end this year

Mysterious Jim
Sep 7, 2021
today also marks the beloved international tradition of unfunny people like myself declaring that it's time to wake that guy from green day up

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
I'm so excited for a parade of
Sexy Covid
Sexy fauci
Sexy Biden
Sexy Trump
Sexy mask
Sexy vaccine

Etc

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uansYvXBqc

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Its SHOCKTOBER when Halloween happens at the end of the month, because its so scary.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

:peanut:

Today is a great day because we are entering the three best months of the year. The weather is getting cooler (if you're in the best hemisphere anyway), the three best holidays are coming (in order from best to worst: Halloween, Thanksgiving (sorry non Americans (I envy you)), Christmas. Oh and New Years Eve I guess if you're not an old bastard like me who promptly falls asleep after even the slightest bit of alcohol

Other things that are good about these three months:

- Pumpkin Spice things (I am white)
- Witches
- Pretty trees

Let us celebrate the beginning of the good times, friends.

hell yeah op, great weather, great holidays, bunch of time off for my job, and hockey is back

truly the most wonderful time of the year

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

October has my birthday in it. Y'all best be celebrating.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's brocctober baby! oh yeah!

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Best month.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Saalkin posted:

Mine is smack dab between Halloween and Thanksgiving and I loving LOVE IT. Even though I live in the desert, I still love the imagery and pleasantness surrounding Autumn. It fills me with tremendous glee :3:

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

You Are A Elf posted:

Mine is smack dab between Halloween and Thanksgiving and I loving LOVE IT. Even though I live in the desert, I still love the imagery and pleasantness surrounding Autumn. It fills me with tremendous glee :3:

Mine is after Thanksgiving because I'm a dirty Canadian heathen

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Mozi posted:

it's brocctober baby! oh yeah!

Huh, this guys wild

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
Its tuggtober baby! We be tuggn all month long

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Mysterious Jim posted:

today also marks the beloved international tradition of unfunny people like myself declaring that it's time to wake that guy from green day up

I thought that song was about drugs :confused:

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
All spooped up over here

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Finally, the month where I'm normal!

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
the air in the morning is getting nice n crispy

i like it

soon it will be the season of sitting in dimly lit rooms

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Chinatown posted:

the air in the morning is getting nice n crispy

i like it

soon it will be the season of sitting in dimly lit rooms

Allright, peace, love it

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Already slipped on some wet leaves. Trees leaving their poo poo everywhere

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

im going camping tomorrow

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Das Boo posted:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I hate thanksgiving. It is the worst day of the year bar none.

1) I can't eat Gluten and of the thanksgiving foods that doesn't eliminate I am not a fan of really any of them, but whatever that's just me being picky and I can eat food I don't like.
2) That also fucks with my appetite a lot so some days I am just not hungry. I can't control it, it's not like I can just not eat the day before and then be hungry on thanksgiving. There's a good chance I won't want to eat anything at all that day.
3) But people get really mad if you don't want to eat on Thanksgiving. It's like being at a bar and telling people you don't drink. Or they get mad if you want to eat a separate meal that meets your dietary restrictions other than the Thanksgiving meal because "everyone sharing one meal is the whole point"
4) Plus there's nothing to be thankful for over these last few years so gently caress that holiday
5) All that food sucks anyway
6) My brother's birthday is a few days later so that means I have to spend 2 days with family that week

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 1, 2021

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Can we get a content warning on this thread?

Its October and scares are sure to abound.

edit: going forward

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

MOTHER TRUCKIN BRUSSEL SPROUTS!!!!!! :2bong:

Stryder
Oct 3, 2002

Das Boo posted:

It's Ghost O'clock somewhere...

Saalkin posted:

:hfive: Libra Buddy

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

just opened an M&M trick or treat size and it had only 1 peanut M&M in it

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Stryder posted:

:hfive: Libra Buddy
same

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Congratulations on your acquisition of a calendar OP.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hell yeah this is now the libra buds thread.

Also climate change is fuckin with foliage too so it’s not even gonna be pretty while we burn/drown/starve/etc to death

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Pumpkin spice tastes like chemicals and people who like it have broken tongues.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pumpkin spice tastes like pumpkins mmm mmm
It's like biting in to a big spoon full of freshly scooped pumpkin yum

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Normally I am a hater of all things pumpkin. The store across from my work has freshly made pumpkin spiced donuts with a cinnamon cream filling and cream cheese frosting. I could eat about a dozen of those godforsaken things.

Why yes, I am fat.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Aside from apple cider donuts at BJs, it’s still 93 degrees outside and fall decorations are a mockery here.

Ventral EggSac
Dec 3, 2019

October! That's where I'm a viking

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
This is the time of year where programming jumps up its rear end to go to poo poo, with halloween/thankgiving/christmas themed episodes of *everything*, But the upside is once halloween rolls over into nov 1 halloween stuff is stupid cheap and you can buy as much of it as you want and enjoy it anytime you want like a sensible person.

Also i gripe about the holiday episode stuff, but its usually a hallmark of a good program if their holiday episodes are good, so i digress its a moot complaint. Basically my complaint is, mediocre programming becomes *sub par*. Good poo poo stays good.

Also October means its pumpkin overload with the actual gourd which means i can usually have my fill of actual pumpkin made stuff. Not huge into the *spice* flavor of nutmeg and cinnamon thing, but i LOVE roasted pumpkin seeds. And this is the easiest time of year to go overboard on them.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005
My birthday is October 5th. So was my mom's. We celebrated it together every year. It was always a ton of fun even tho I'm a meatwolfing beerguzzler and she was a vegan recovering alcoholic.

She died of complications of Gaucher disease in August 2019, just months before my kid her first granddaughter was born. Still tears me up that they never got to meet.

Fall has always been a sad time for me because of going back to school, trees dying, everything getting cold, but our birthday always mitigated that a bit. Now it's a bittersweet celebration.

Goons please celebrate October by enjoying the crisp air and falling leaves, telling your loved ones how much you love them while you still have time to, and buying discount candy on Nov 1st. Also buy me a PS5 for my birthday k thx.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

sudonim posted:

My birthday is October 5th. So was my mom's. We celebrated it together every year. It was always a ton of fun even tho I'm a meatwolfing beerguzzler and she was a vegan recovering alcoholic.

She died of complications of Gaucher disease in August 2019, just months before my kid her first granddaughter was born. Still tears me up that they never got to meet.

Fall has always been a sad time for me because of going back to school, trees dying, everything getting cold, but our birthday always mitigated that a bit. Now it's a bittersweet celebration.

Goons please celebrate October by enjoying the crisp air and falling leaves, telling your loved ones how much you love them while you still have time to, and buying discount candy on Nov 1st. Also buy me a PS5 for my birthday k thx.

Oh hey there, my dad died in late September of 2019 just months before his first grandchild was born in late November of the same year. His birthday was October 30th, so it's a fun Halloween memory.
My son, who will be 3 this November, picked out his first ever Halloween costume today at Spirit. He's going to be a rainbow unicorn fairy thing with wings, he likes bright colors. My dad would have smiled. We're going to take him trick or treating for the first time this year, just around the block.
Things in the past suck and are painful, but there are still beautiful things now.
I hope you get that PS5.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i didnt have a parent that died in october i was born a full grown man from an egg but i sure do love getting hosed up off of whiskey ciders yay autumn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/rap_knewnie/status/1443978146101948417