Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

aldantefax posted:

I just realized I've never mixed or poured concrete before lmao

Heather Papps posted:

weirdly enough it's a pretty good workout
it really sucks but the good part is you literally just add water!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I came here for the gun show. no guns so far :11tea:

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I don't wanna post em online because I'm afraid the man's gonna come an take em

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

When it is safe for me to go back to the gym, I'm gonna get really into leg presses. I want strong tree trunks.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Mormon Nailer posted:

When it is safe for me to go back to the gym, I'm gonna get really into leg presses. I want strong tree trunks.

leg presses rule

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
friends, i shall share my LIFT PROGRAM for this week, and I will start puttin it in this album here

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xaTQkvokpsCRuWAp9

Monday: at HOME: high bar squats, bench press, barbell bentover rows, sandbag hoist to shoulder, elbow planks

Tuesday: at THE GYM: block deadlifts, pull-ups, dumbbell push-press, windmills, side planks

Wednesday: dancing

Thursday: romanian deadlifts, incline bench press, jumping pull-ups, step-ups, one arm dumbbell overhead press, hollow holds

Friday: dancing

Saturday: wagon wheel deadlifts, strict overhead press, arm over arm truck pulls (???), atlas stones (???), leg lowering

Sunday: paddle boarding

Also, if you like listening to crusty old dudes talking about lifting, Mark Rippetoe's podcast on Starting Strength is generally alright and he also kind of talks like me, just older and crustier

Space Taxi
I lift weights and have big muscles so I don't look weird buying those delicious protein shakes

posting smiling
i like being a 90 poind weakling. its acutally better to me.

hot cocoa on the couch

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
my main hangup with working out is that i hate just like... lifting weights, you know? i'd rather do an activity that is a workout rather than working out for the sake of working out. i worked in a warehouse for 8 years when first started working, then i went back to school to become and engineer and now i'm a desk-sitting computer toucher getting into my 30s and yeah, i could use some physical activity in my life again. was thinking about joining a climbing gym but covid has got their schedules all hosed up :( another option is mountain biking which i also think is cool but i fear adding another hobby to my already busy life by going down that path

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
i think if you’re concerned just go check out stuff that interests you and if it’s cool enough and you enjoy it you will make the time to go do it! i like lifting weights and doing strongorb stuff and all this other stuff that i’m doing, but i didn’t realize that i would like paddle boarding or dancing until i went out and did em and now i do em and they’re grand

everybody should do stuff that’s cool and good and moving more is pretty dope, even if that is not like, activity x or y or z

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
speaking of activity x i did some more sandbag hoists

https://photos.app.goo.gl/yWYqToTbaAo1FT6M9

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I think I'm going to spring for a few sessions with a trainer because I went to the gym and did my little cardio and did my little bench-presses but then I felt overwhelmed by all the options and couldn't discern which of several racks was where I was supposed to do squats. I just want to make sure I'm doing stuff correctly and safely and I feel like an in-person guide would be more useful than hours of YouTube videos.

I have a friend who is very into lifting coming to visit in a few weeks and she offered to come with me one day and help me out but I also feel like I want to ride the momentum I have right now and not just put a pin in getting started.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Jinh

I like going to the gym :)

I'm going in order to keep my fat guy muscle as I lose weight. I'm gonna have some amount of loose skin when I'm done dieting, so I plan to fill it out as best I can, and do some level of bodybuilding too.

In another 20 lbs or so I'll be able to fit into a 2xl shirt, so I'm gonna buy a 2xl gym logo shirt now and keep trying to fit into it every couple weeks. I'm gonna be really proud when I'm able to wear it comfortably for a workout.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

How Wonderful! posted:

I think I'm going to spring for a few sessions with a trainer because I went to the gym and did my little cardio and did my little bench-presses but then I felt overwhelmed by all the options and couldn't discern which of several racks was where I was supposed to do squats. I just want to make sure I'm doing stuff correctly and safely and I feel like an in-person guide would be more useful than hours of YouTube videos.

I have a friend who is very into lifting coming to visit in a few weeks and she offered to come with me one day and help me out but I also feel like I want to ride the momentum I have right now and not just put a pin in getting started.

there is no time like the present to do a squat. also, doing a squat is cool. there is nothing like someone helping you in person doing a squat to make sure u are doing it right, it is a deceptively complex movement, same thing like a deadlift

Jinh

I definitely looked silly my first few times going to a public gym. I stood the wrong way in the squat rack. I didn't know how to use a deadlift jack so I squished my fingats. I'm sure I messed up a bunch of other stuff I don't even know about!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
There is an old yarn about someone going to the gym and getting absolutely suffused with positivity from someone else helping them lift and being super encouraging and I think it probably is a bit of a silly story but also one that I see happen where people actually are quite encouraging at most gyms

If only they did something about the music

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

i worked out today. I won't say it felt good. it was hot and sticky, but i'm glad i did it. afterwards when i was driving to the store my foot cramped up real bad and i almost couldnt drive so be careful dont too many calf raises!

Jinh

also worked out today. doing lots of reps on deadlifts is hella exhausting even if the weight isnt that high. doing lots of deadlift reps AFTER doing a bunch of squats... :pusheen:

thanks so much cda <3

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

get movin'! or not, i'm not your dad

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
plus it is like, almost bedtime, maybe you can move into bed and get some quality sleep

Jinh posted:

also worked out today. doing lots of reps on deadlifts is hella exhausting even if the weight isnt that high. doing lots of deadlift reps AFTER doing a bunch of squats... :pusheen:

my sets have me doin' all my highest effort big muscle lifts as the very first thing i do, but i squat and deadlift on different days. good luck friend i am rooting for u

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
here is a cool lady who happens to also be able to bench press almost 3 times her weight and i think that is just really neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-a-_8ZJBlrM

Jinh

This is how it feels when you're blasting jrpg orchestral music at the gym and one winged angel comes on in the middle of your set:

And everyone else is like

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
going to DANCE tonight. then tomorrow, i am gonna do ROMANIAN DEAD LIFTS

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
also here is a cool old lady who is doin' liftin'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3585w9FmOGs

How Wonderful!

I have been easing back into things and today is the first day where I woke up and felt sore and red all over my body, which is a feeling I weirdly missed from back when I had a very regular workout habit.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
is the redness because part of your workout habit getting whacked with something like sunlight

also, hooray friend. hydrate and treat ur body well

completed day 3 of 4 for lifting, dancing again tomorrow! I might try to go for a bike ride tonight and paddle board tomorrow as well

How Wonderful!

aldantefax posted:

is the redness because part of your workout habit getting whacked with something like sunlight

also, hooray friend. hydrate and treat ur body well

completed day 3 of 4 for lifting, dancing again tomorrow! I might try to go for a bike ride tonight and paddle board tomorrow as well

"Red" was a typo but I have no idea what I meant to say instead. Maybe tired?

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
that makes more sense than what i had mentally pictured

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

I lifted some weights today let’s all just pretend I enjoyed it

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

The diet and exercise thread told me to do 100 kettlebell swings every day and I’ve been doing them but kettlebell swings are like humping a weight that happens to look like a 30lb styleized testacle into the air with your hips and they are exhausting and make me lol

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Like imagine a kettlebell workout class and there just a room full of people pelvic thrusting big steel balls around for an hour

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

The diet and exercise thread told me to do 100 kettlebell swings every day and I’ve been doing them but kettlebell swings are like humping a weight that happens to look like a 30lb styleized testacle into the air with your hips and they are exhausting and make me lol

Friend, if you enjoy that, then fantastic, but if you did not enjoy it, you should look for something more enjoyable to do!

They make these goofy kettlebells with faces and such on them that are pretty neat but they are spendy, perhaps one day I shall get some but I don't really need any right now, I don't think

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
Tonight I learned how to roll someone over me so that they end up in a chokehold and leg lock and it felt pretty bad rear end tbh

I also won several matches against a much bigger guy starting on the ground

Liking this part of judo a lot better than the fancy footwork

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

aldantefax posted:

Friend, if you enjoy that, then fantastic, but if you did not enjoy it, you should look for something more enjoyable to do!

They make these goofy kettlebells with faces and such on them that are pretty neat but they are spendy, perhaps one day I shall get some but I don't really need any right now, I don't think

They actually aren’t bad and go pretty quick and make me feel like I’ve done something and I think they are helping my posture too! I do them on days when I don’t lift and it’s good but I still think they’re funny!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

They actually aren’t bad and go pretty quick and make me feel like I’ve done something and I think they are helping my posture too! I do them on days when I don’t lift and it’s good but I still think they’re funny!

hauling around giant cast iron testicles is pretty funny and hip blastin em is good yeah

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
https://www.onnit.com/primal-bells/?pid=1973

haha pood

FutonForensic

strength. power. discipline. control.

Nexein

"Donuts of
Champions"

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

This sounds awful but something something man who has trained one punch a thousand times

I bet you could throw a mean ballsack haymaker

https://giant.gfycat.com/FragrantGorgeousLeech.mp4
Spring masterpiece courtesy of Prof. Crocodile, thanks!

NumptyScrub

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

A friend of mine is big into kettlebells as a free weight and loves the Turkish Get Up movement, it's apparently a really good all-round workout

It does look a bit lol though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!

I tried out some kettlebells this morning for fun and I liked them!