Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
I just got the green light to attend the COP26 climate conference in Glasgow in November. However, almost every hotel in Glasgow is booked solid or ridiculously expensive.

Is it feasible to commute from Edinburgh, taking the train in the morning and back in the evening during the work week? Looks like it's about 45 minutes each way. Would it be better to take a bus back and forth? Or would I just be completely miserable shuttling back and forth?

Also, any weird Covid restrictions I need to be aware of when taking public transit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

If you can afford to, take the train. Regardless it’s gonna be busy either way tho.

Most places still expect you to wear a mask on public transport.

T Zero
Sep 26, 2005
When the enemy is in range, so are you
That's good to know. Thank you.

I may have a line on a place to stay in Glasgow, so this may soon be moot.