Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

On my first vacation in years, found myself inside a shopping mall for a couple quick needs. Surprised to see a rather nice looking headshop so I take a quick peek inside.

"Would you like to smell?" the man says while opening a large glass container labeled Indica.

"Yes, please" I pull down my mask and take a sniff. Piney, fresh, seems pretty decent. I share that I'm from an area where weed is legal and was surprised that it's legal in Austria.

"This is CBD" the man replies. "Marijuana is not yet legal here or in Germany, and Germany will likely be first to legalize."

Heartbreaking. How is something so much like weed but not weed? Do people actually like this substitute?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I'm pretty sure it's basically an MLM that convinces people to open retail spaces OP.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
?

it's not a substitute for marijuana, it's a chemical compound found in marijuana

one of two major ones, the other being thc

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I'm pretty sure it's basically an MLM that convinces people to open retail spaces OP.

Holy poo poo. Got it in one.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Cubone posted:

?

it's not a substitute for marijuana, it's a chemical compound found in marijuana

one of two major ones, the other being thc

Yeah, exactly. I've smoked weed a grand total of 4 times in my life, and I hate smoke in my lungs (who actually enjoys that aspect of it?), so any alternative to that is far and away better.

I'm also in Canada where at this point, this stuff is also even sold by government-run businesses.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Weed is an incredibly boring drug and medical oil is even more boring.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Yeah, exactly. I've smoked weed a grand total of 4 times in my life, and I hate smoke in my lungs (who actually enjoys that aspect of it?), so any alternative to that is far and away better.

I'm also in Canada where at this point, this stuff is also even sold by government-run businesses.

CBD by itself doesn't so anything

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
It's for people who want to think that they're somehow doing The Pot in some way without actually doing it and also it does nothing

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

cbd is the weed version of that kid at school that got so totally wasted you guys on non-alcoholic beer

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

CBD sounds like decaffeinated coffee or zero ABV beer.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Its pot reiki

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

CBD is pretty great, it does not produce any high effects but has mild anxiety and pain relief and helps me sleep.

CBD stores sell all these stupid oils and poo poo though that take forever to work and you have to use a ton, when you can just order packets of powder online that you just dissolve ten mg in water and drink it and it's fast acting.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Pot's illegal here but CBD is okay. LEO's don't give a poo poo though, they'll arrest or at least cite anyone for having any kind of flower/hemp on them, thus defeating the purpose of legalizing it. True thin blue line heros

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jose posted:

The spray I use has both.

It definitely does something.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I just assumed they're around to pivot to weed stores once it becomes legal in that area so they can take in those early profits.

parity
May 16, 2019

all things are nothing to me
On it's own it's kinda meh and probably will only do tangible things for you if you have certain conditions, but it is underrated in combination with THC. If you're the type of person who gets super anxious from smoking weed, try something with a 1:1 ratio of the two. This was more common decades ago but as people bred for strength CBD concentrations went down a lot.

Or just do a real drug like iboga.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

potheads!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

meat police posted:

Pot's illegal here but CBD is okay. LEO's don't give a poo poo though, they'll arrest or at least cite anyone for having any kind of flower/hemp on them, thus defeating the purpose of legalizing it. True thin blue line heros

I always think that, yknow, since wasting police time is an offence any officer making a cannabis arrest should be arrested

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

In before that one poster mentions kratom.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Jose posted:

eh, if you take enough CBD it's kind of like taking a lot of Valerian root. it does a tiny bit.

here in Illinois all the head shops sell Delta-8 weed, which is apparently weed that's chemically altered to get around the law

anyway, it doesn't do anything, and i think they trick people into buying it since weed actually is legal here.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Are the forums so dead that people are now reduced to stealing Seinfeld bits? OP appears to be saying so. Sad.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

If it doesn't get you high then what the gently caress is the point?

If the effects are as intense as valerian the I can just take valerian or drink chamomile tea or a hot toddy if im feeling real loose.

The idea that weve created this whole new weed adjacent product that has all the aesthetic of weed without any of the part that makes you feel pleasure or euphoria is indicative of our cultural obsession with moral purity through deprivation. Its weed for christian moms who also love MLMs.

Just smoke regular weed and get high sometimes nobody cares and its legal in a lot of places.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Poohs Packin posted:

If it doesn't get you high then what the gently caress is the point?

It does all the good stuff for muscle / joint pain / inflammation without the strong head buzz effects.

I don't use it but I know a lot of people who swear by it

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Hey guys have you tried kratom

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting
yall ever tried cbd on kratom

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Another Bill posted:

It does all the good stuff for muscle / joint pain / inflammation without the strong head buzz effects.

I don't use it but I know a lot of people who swear by it

Yeah I don't mean to detract if people think its doing them good.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

CBD didn't do anything for me at all last time I tried it.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's a common term in Australia but doesn't seem to be in use in the rest of the world; how do the rest of you refer to the main skyscraper-y core of a city?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

MikeJF posted:

It's a common term in Australia but doesn't seem to be in use in the rest of the world; how do the rest of you refer to the main skyscraper-y core of a city?

"Downtown"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
I like smoking high cbd and high thc flower together when I want to get laid out for a few hours

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE78XtwbN1A

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

signalnoise posted:

yall ever tried cbd on kratom

kratom actually Does Something though? i mean say what you want about how useful/harmful it is but at least it actually Does A Thing

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
i think the main reason Kratom is unpopular or viewed as gauche is that "kratom" is a really ugly name

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Vitamins posted:

cbd is the weed version of that kid at school that got so totally wasted you guys on non-alcoholic beer

i could conceivably see a kid who's never drank before getting drunk on a 12 pack of 0.5% beer

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

My dog ate two entire packs of cbd treats while I was out and was still an anxious mess when I got home. Anything you buy in stores that’s infused with cbd is just marketing garbage that does nothing, as a poster above says you have to dig through the bullshit products to find stuff that’s actually legit.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
cbd stands for cock and ball delights, hope that helps op

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
CBD does things y'all are loving high

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
It's cock Nd balls destruction tyvm

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

CBD deniers need PubMed in their life. Does CBD cure every disease that ever existed? Hell no. Will it work positively for everyone who uses it? Hell no. Has it been well studied to provide relief to some people with Parkinson's Disease, Crohn's Disease, seizure disorders, Multiple Sclerosis, chronic inflammation and myriad other disorders/diseases? Hell yes it has.

Just like any other foreign substance or pharmaceutical put in our bodies, our response and it's utility will depend on our unique biological response. CBD has helped a lot of people and also not done poo poo for a lot of people.

In summation CBD is a land of contrasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

MikeJF posted:

They call it that in New Orleans