Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
But why not high?!? You loving losers sipping champagne should just chug some liquor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Sounds overcomplicated.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
the issue isn't that CDB does literally nothing, it's just that it doesn't do anything that getting blazed won't cure even better

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Im on the chicken bake diet

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Protip: Delta 8 THC is sold alongside CBD at those types of places, and it actually gets you high. In Texas, at least. I think it's more of a "it's not illegal" rather than a "it's legal" situation, but its good stuff. I found some 50mg gummies, two of those absolutely put me on my rear end. Also good for going on a bike ride.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

CBD does lower my pain and anxiety a bit when I take it, but it's a pain in the rear end to find something that's actually decent.

Althalin
Nov 19, 2019

Putting the ham in Chamon
Pork Pro

sharknado slashfic posted:

CBD does lower my pain and anxiety a bit when I take it, but it's a pain in the rear end to find something that's actually decent.

:same:

It's a stopgap for my anxiety when my regular low-dose SSRIs don't cut it. Maybe placebo effect, maybe not, but it helps keep me from getting overwhelmed.

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I work in a dispensary and a big part of my job is telling old folks cbd will make them immortal

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

neato burrito posted:

Protip: Delta 8 THC is sold alongside CBD at those types of places, and it actually gets you high. In Texas, at least. I think it's more of a "it's not illegal" rather than a "it's legal" situation, but its good stuff. I found some 50mg gummies, two of those absolutely put me on my rear end. Also good for going on a bike ride.

We've reached the point over the last 6 months where i live where there's just delta 8 stores and i think they're crushing the cbd stores

there's one called DELTA 8 STOP and it has a bunch of red arrows pointing at it like the brothel in beetlejuice

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Im really sus on weed substitutes after a friend had a horrid experience with "Spice" and got arrested.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
all the cannabinoids work together, cbd doesn't work its best unless it has the other ones including thc with it

vape .10 to .25 grams of flower at 190C

that doesn't extract much cbd, so take a cbd oil separately under the tongue

cbd oil comes from hemp that has been bred to have little thc but high cbd

cannabis is bred to have high thc but little cbd

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I accidently bought some and smoked too much before feeling that I wasted some money. It's just powerful aspirin.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Cradle
Dem
Balls

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Simone Magus posted:

eh, if you take enough CBD it's kind of like taking a lot of Valerian root. it does a tiny bit.

here in Illinois all the head shops sell Delta-8 weed, which is apparently weed that's chemically altered to get around the law

anyway, it doesn't do anything, and i think they trick people into buying it since weed actually is legal here.

Delta-8 definitely gets you high (from personal experience) but the problem with it is it's wildly unregulated and inconsistent and probably contains some pretty bad additives. If you can get actual weed there's 100% no reason to buy delta-8 at all.

I get why people would buy it in Wisconsin, where I had it, but not somewhere that you can just walk into a store and buy the real stuff.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

sharknado slashfic posted:

Let me recommend Caliper

They send me 30 individual 10mg packets a month I just dissolve in my mouth, and it's far faster acting than oils. It's like $45 a month or something along those lines, cheaper the first month. You can get flavorless, lemon lime, or mint. The mint is my favorite. I take one when I get home from work

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i always thought that old weed, like weed that's been sitting around that you forgot about but find way later, had a special quality that makes you extra stoney. Turns out that there's something called CBN that old weed has and it wasn't just my imagination after all these years.

im gonna smoke some old weed that i just found in my tshirt drawer

sad question
May 30, 2020

Poohs Packin posted:

Im really sus on weed substitutes after a friend had a horrid experience with "Spice" and got arrested.

Did they catch him riding a sandworm under the influence?

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
Actual CBD product from a medical dispensary does stuff. No, it doesn't get you high, but it can help you sleep and other stuff. There's a lot of really scammy "CBD" products out there though of questionable legitimacy.

I've tried delta 8, and it takes 4 or 5 times as much to feel the same as a really good hit or two of the real stuff.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Every time I hear CBD, I think it's like Cock and Ball Destruction or something. But it's more like when record stores would sell "hemp oil" stuff so kids can think they're edgy.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Cock and Ball Dorture

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
Weed aesthetic essential oil for “edgy” soccer moms

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

i always thought that old weed, like weed that's been sitting around that you forgot about but find way later, had a special quality that makes you extra stoney. Turns out that there's something called CBN that old weed has and it wasn't just my imagination after all these years.

It's the mold :okpos:

BRICKFACE
Apr 20, 2002

I BITE
in my experience CBD from different companies is wildly different. some of it gives me a mildly stoned feeling, other brands do a lot for anxiety. others do absolutely nothing at all. very unregulated.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
The reactions they are doing to CBD to make delta 8 (delta 8 is almost always created from CBD, it's a pretty simple process) are being done like bathtub gin style in a lot of places, by people who don't really know chemistry, and are often creating isomers of both Delta 8 and Delta 9 (normal thc). They are also creating a crazy mixture of isomers including ones that don't exist in nature.

Delta 8 is interesting but seriously just smoke real weed. And if you're using CBD for gods sake take it with some THC too. Also as stated above most cbd you get from normal stores is bunk or wildly underdosed.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I've found vaping a hit of CBD flower works just as well for me as a Xanax to stop a panic attack. Not having to take that stuff is great and I don't (usually) want to be high at work, it's very unhelpful. The problem as people have pointed out is there's so much junk on the market from these mall scammer guys. I just get mine through the same people I get my regular weed.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

It sure helped with my cat's arthritis.

My neighbor used it on her cat for pain relief, and and it also had the nice effect of reducing her aggression towards the other cat.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Raiding my couch for weed crumbs trying to find enough for a bowl and eyeing off the cats fur, just soaked with CBD oil.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I'm sick of seeing animated weiners french kissing in every fucking GBS thread.
I can't wait until I can just go to the store and buy some 18% CBD and 20% THC flower in April, right on time for my birthday.

First time in my life I'll actually be allowed free access to the magic potion for my chronic joint pain.

Lascivious Sloth
Apr 26, 2008

by sebmojo
I'm literally going to move to a country where all this poo poo is legalised just so I can live without pain

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
unless you buy CBD products from a legal dispensary where it's required to have all product tested for THC/CBD, you're a loving mark

Everything else is snakeoil.

(its rad to just walk into a weed sore and buy weed. it owns. it whips rear end.)

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

BRICKFACE posted:

in my experience CBD from different companies is wildly different. some of it gives me a mildly stoned feeling, other brands do a lot for anxiety. others do absolutely nothing at all. very unregulated.

Use CBD made at FDA registered facilities. I use this one: https://cytocx.com/product/cytocbd-natural-relief-oil-full-spectrum/

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

No. 6 posted:

On my first vacation in years, found myself inside a shopping mall for a couple quick needs. Surprised to see a rather nice looking headshop so I take a quick peek inside.

"Would you like to smell?" the man says while opening a large glass container labeled Indica.

"Yes, please" I pull down my mask and take a sniff. Piney, fresh, seems pretty decent. I share that I'm from an area where weed is legal and was surprised that it's legal in Austria.

"This is CBD" the man replies. "Marijuana is not yet legal here or in Germany, and Germany will likely be first to legalize."

Heartbreaking. How is something so much like weed but not weed? Do people actually like this substitute?

lmao a tthis nerd still wearing a mask

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Another "trusted" brand is Charlotte's Web, one of the original producers and (supposedly) named after the little girl it helped with epileptic seizures, reducing them from hundreds per month to a few per month (again, supposedly).

https://www.charlottesweb.com/maximum-strength-hemp-extract-cbd-oil

Pro: It comes in flavors, like orange or lemon.
Con: It's not the most potent on the market; 60 mg/ml is their highest dose... the Cyto product comes in 100 mg/ml.

But it is true, there are a LOT of places offering CBD products and the quality differs wildly when you go with an "off" brand.

CBD comes in softgels, both Cyto and Charlotte's Web offers them, but the body absorbs CBD a lot better under the tongue.

Bula Vinaka fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 3, 2021

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Simone Magus posted:

the issue isn't that CDB does literally nothing, it's just that it doesn't do anything that getting blazed won't cure even better

actually it's a pretty good rip cord for weed anxiety. I think it's a mischaracterization to say it sobers you up but it does instantly dial down this one aspect of weed if you are experiencing it

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
more like CBDeez

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Yeah OP Germany is big on nonsense medicine like homeopathy.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Rabite posted:

more like CBDeez

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

also the older weed is the more of the THCA has turned into THC naturally!

i just smoked some really old weed 20 minutes ago and was thinking about the whole "old weed makes you really high" thing

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Chinatown posted:

unless you buy CBD products from a legal dispensary where it's required to have all product tested for THC/CBD, you're a loving mark

Everything else is snakeoil.

(its rad to just walk into a weed sore and buy weed. it owns. it whips rear end.)

:yeah:

it's the literal only good thing about Illinois apparently

edibles don't do much for me but last night i had a PTS Tonic that was 100mg THC. i drank the whole thing and i actually got "the giggles" for the first time in ages. very fuzzy stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Bula Vinaka posted:

all the cannabinoids work together, cbd doesn't work its best unless it has the other ones including thc with it

vape .10 to .25 grams of flower at 190C

that doesn't extract much cbd, so take a cbd oil separately under the tongue

cbd oil comes from hemp that has been bred to have little thc but high cbd

cannabis is bred to have high thc but little cbd

nowadays there are boutique medical strains w/ high cbd and high thc in various ratios and I hear this is where it's at for pain relief and above 1:1 CBD:THC it doesn't gently caress you up much

anyone who smokes weed and doesn't think CBD is a thing should get really high on some heady sativa type weed and then consume some actual verified real CBD in a fast acting form like buds or dabs or sublingual. Suddenly the high will change gears to super chill and couchlocked. I find that it's hard to miss when you're already high on the real stuff.