Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Remember Interactive Buddy, that one game where you could beat up and blow up a bulbous punching bag to your heart's content, and wish there was a reasonable facsimile thereof after Adobe Flash was murdered horribly to fulfill your carnage-catharis? Here's a spiritual successor on steam for only :10bux:

:siren: Just make sure you turn the audio down and/or enable audio clamping, because it is also one of those games where the physics can freak out and cause potential hearing-damage from objects smashing into each other at the speed of light :siren:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1118200/People_Playground/

quote:

Shoot, stab, burn, poison, tear, vaporise, or crush ragdolls. This game is for people who enjoy throwing around ragdolls but want it to be more detailed, satisfying, and feel more free while doing so.

https://i.imgur.com/ASG4M1A.mp4

There's more than enough space to play around in.

https://i.imgur.com/Fzixuqa.mp4

People Playground is very much a "make your own entertainment" sort of game or a very elaborate virtual toybox, like a 2D pixel art Gmod. But with far more emphasis on violence and gore, making for a twisted but nonetheless appealing stress reliever and/or wicked creativity environment.

Want to try out a dozen different guns on a bunch of ragdolls to see how effective they are at painting the room red? :c: People Playground has you covered. :c:
Want to spend an hour building an elaborate penis-shaped skyscraper full of people, then rain missiles down upon it from a custom rickety shitbox APC that may or may not tip over the moment you officially give it a test run, and there may also be dangerous flesh eating chemicals that can burst and spread in the air to mop up whoever survives the assault? :d: Ditto. :d:

It is also chock-full of amazing little details interactions, and general quality-of-life things to cover all the bases for true freedom and customization. Including being able to fine tune exactly how slow-motion you want your slow-motion.
Or how most mechanical items can be destroyed or damaged beyond repair and have pixel graphics for their electronic innards all blown up and scratched.
Or playing with electricity and fine-tuning how much power can be outputted by a generator that goes to a green cathode light, seeing how the color can change depending on how much power the light receives via electrical wire connection. And then seeing what the point of no return is to overload the light and make it explode.
Or exactly how much a ragdoll will flop around like a fish after getting shot in the leg by a gun at 30 meters. Then shot again by a much bigger gun in the other leg.
And then trying to make your own medieval pendulum axe traps to absolute ruin a ragdoll's day swinging in full force and chopping someone's head off.

Plus there's also a variety of maps, like a sea map that has a big body of water to play with or in. And a lava map to burn things to a crisp instantly, at least the parts that touch the lava. Or a very tiny 10 meter-esque box that is also very compatible with the nuclear bomb item :pcgaming:

There is also very straightforward steam workshop mod support, where there are even more goodies you can download and try out to add to the collection of stuff already provided by the base game.

I think People Playground is worth having a thread on the forums, so here I made one, regardless of how much effort a games OP should have :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

EorayMel posted:

I think People Playground is worth having a thread on the forums
wrong

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Well I tried :shrug:

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
I was literally thinking of picking this up today after watching charborg play it again. 10 bucks is reasonable enough for a sillly sandbox thing.

I legit started crying laughing watching someone struggle to reanimate a quickly dwindling series of body parts throughout the violence.