Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

PSU-Iowa is gonna be lit and also end up as a repeat of the 6-4 game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/PardonMyMeme/status/1444455451903602691?s=20

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
PSU shut Indiana out for the first time since Michigan did it in 2000. That's a real long time.

The offense has a lot of warts still but has room for growth but the defense is a pleasure to watch. The total loving rock fight between #3 vs. #4 next week is going to be terrible and also bad rear end

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

KKKLIP ART posted:

Florida is 3-5 in their last 8 games

I'm not a fan of this information :colbert:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is Wake Forest seriously a top 20 team? This doesn't feel real.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The couches around UK are lit, apparently.

LLCoolJD posted:

I'm not a fan of this information :colbert:

It is quite delicious, though it does make me wonder about their performance va Bama. Used up all the good fortune there?

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

That high scoring, eh?

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Thinking on it, deep down I’m not surprised to see A&M slide like this. Traditional Aggie roller coaster aside, we were in a lot of these games last year. The defense would tighten up in the second half so the offense could grind out a long TD drive to take the lead, the defense gets another stop and we get one more score to put the game away. This year we threw an INT off a lineman’s helmet vs Arkansas and took an 11 yard safety against Ole Miss.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I fully expect Iowa to win, and the only acceptable salve for that wound would be such intense levels of Big Ten Football that it irradiates all twelve people watching it

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Democratic Pirate posted:

This year we threw an INT off a lineman’s helmet vs Arkansas and took an 11 yard safety against Ole Miss.

Worth every penny of that $90 million

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
:yeshaha:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Here’s a fun question: who is the third best SEC team? Is is the only other undefeated, Kentucky? Is it Ole Miss or Arkansas, who got smoked by the two best teams in the country today and came into the season unheralded? Is it Auburn, whose only loss is also to a top 3 team but was much closer? Is there a possibility that it still ends up being Florida or A&M at the end of the season?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DC Murderverse posted:

Here’s a fun question: who is the third best SEC team? Is is the only other undefeated, Kentucky? Is it Ole Miss or Arkansas, who got smoked by the two best teams in the country today and came into the season unheralded? Is it Auburn, whose only loss is also to a top 3 team but was much closer? Is there a possibility that it still ends up being Florida or A&M at the end of the season?

I'm taking Kentucky right now. No reason or rhyme other than they have somehow out pain in the assed Auburn so far without losing or benching their quarterback against Georgia State.

I find that worthy of recognition until proven wrong (it'll be proven wrong).

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

DC Murderverse posted:

Auburn sucks, so it ain’t them. It’s probably Ole Miss.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
The third-best team in the SEC will end up having, like, four losses.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

That said, every SEC team that isn’t Bama or Georgia is bad enough to lose to almost any other SEC team that isn’t Vandy. It’s just a big pile of mediocrity.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The third best SEC team sucks so what good is the question?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

PostNouveau posted:

The third best SEC team sucks so what good is the question?

New Years 6 Bowl attendee vs, like, Oregon State or something dumb probably.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Edward Mass posted:

The third-best team in the SEC will end up having, like, four losses.

Kentucky’s remaining schedule is:
LSU
@Georgia
@Mississippi State
Tennessee
@Vanderbilt
New Mexico State
@louisville

Which 4 are Kentucky going to lose?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

DC Murderverse posted:

Here’s a fun question: who is the third best SEC team?

Bama's second string, why? Spots 1 and 2 are Bama's starters

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

hobbesmaster posted:

Kentucky’s remaining schedule is:
LSU
@Georgia
@Mississippi State
Tennessee
@Vanderbilt
New Mexico State
@louisville

Which 4 are Kentucky going to lose?

Drop an embarrassing home loss to LSU, get their poo poo kicked in by Georgia, lose to MSU, rebound until the last game against a Louisville team playing for bowl position

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
My mountaineer :smith:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Weird for a Florida loss not to be on Grantham.

Mullen hosed it. EJ didn't have a particularly bad game but Mullen clearly didn't trust him to take anything more than a handfull 10+ yard throws. The OL was dogshit, the penalties were loving outrageous and cost us the game. Played way too conservative which meant when we really needed to go for it Kentucky didn't fear us at all.

Nobody needs to be fired etc. but god drat does it suck. This team is destined to go 8-4 and be a wet fart of a season.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Vols Bitch

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I appreciate Mullen for bringing back actual competent football to Florida but he’s a real head scratcher at times.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

false start

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ehud posted:

false start

Let’s keep clapping. We’ll hear it eventually

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

BO

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

so the first loving thing I do this morning is check the Oregon score and see it's 24-17 with about two minutes left, got a stream going to see Rod by god Gilmore question the value of passing in this situation, and the rest should be well-picked schadenfreude from there.

:psyduck:

anyhoo. the true highlight of the day is Vandy-UCONN somehow going Maximum Fullcast. The runner-up is you absolute maniacs finding Japanese college football live streams on YouTube. Talk about scraping the bowl to smoke the resin.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
Michigan looked good, except for one defensive drive, and crushed Wisconsin.

Fun to watch, this team has different energy than we’ve seen in the past. Looks like the locker room split has been cleaned up. Good to see.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Does anyone know who won the RED GANG/SHRIKE game? I had to bow out at halftime.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

This team is destined to go 8-4 and be a wet fart of a season.

I love the idea of 8-4 being a "wet fart" of a season lol

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

RumbleFish posted:

I love the idea of 8-4 being a "wet fart" of a season lol

I know we've definitely been worse but like, we could have beaten Bama, could have a reasonable shot of going to the SEC championship, could have made the playoffs, and now the season is basically over (in terms of where the team is going). Disappointing to say the least.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Or Kentucky is better than Alabama, which is the option I choose to believe.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

I just remembered this and got mad all over again.

nachos posted:

I appreciate Mullen for bringing back actual competent football to Florida but he’s a real head scratcher at times.

Yeah…..yeah…..

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

There’s no reason not to go with AR15 at this point. Every game you can see Mullen trust Emory less and less.

How the ever living gently caress they didn’t at least go for the field goal at the half illustrates that

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

vyst posted:

There’s no reason not to go with AR15 at this point. Every game you can see Mullen trust Emory less and less.

How the ever living gently caress they didn’t at least go for the field goal at the half illustrates that

It’s hard to do anything when you’ve got 115yds in penalties but if we can’t get a snap off in loving Commonwealth, there’s no way we are winning road games elsewhere lol

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Mullen takes games off, it looks like. 15 penalties, the field goal kick six, and not trying a two-minute drill before the half. I can't believe how unprepared they were. I see the team never being truly terrible but it's hard to think they won't have a ceiling at two to four losses/year.

Also :lol:, maybe this is the scandal that sends him to USC (probably just to the doghouse, though):
https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1444462974966673413

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

LeeMajors posted:

It’s hard to do anything when you’ve got 115yds in penalties but if we can’t get a snap off in loving Commonwealth, there’s no way we are winning road games elsewhere lol

It’s very obvious and not hard at all to tell that Emory isnt good enough and won’t get us out of the East, regardless of penalties.