Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Godspeed, I'll occasionally contribute Lore and background stuff when appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Pre-Constance Lysethia was the offensive mage, plus she gets to cheese the Death Knight way before anyone else.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Keldulas posted:

I’m at least partially convinced that Edelgard’s personal class is armor so that she doesn’t have too much movement as an enemy in the other paths and have to deal with less threat range with the combat art. You straight up cannot let her attack you without losing someone. The tooltip being wrong is obnoxious and led to a map restart on my Blue Lions run.

Essentially I took the tooltip at face value and put a dodgy sword to pull her. She proceeded to miss as planned, then get another turn anyways and kill two mages, before killing herself on a counterattack on my wyvern and ending the map.

That was fun and not rage worthy at all.

Oh, its always a shock when she goes on a rampage on either Blue Lions or Golden Deer. Especially considering the last 2 times in those routes she was a boss she didn't move.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Natural 20 posted:

The Shadow Library - Part 1

This is the good stuff. Someone out there was putting together a history of the major conflicts in the world and coming to the conclusion that most were suspect.
The second entry gives us the first reference I know of to the "Shadowed Order" of the Knights of Seiros. It implies that there's a clandestine order within the Knights. Again, this interestingly scans to the ending of Silver Snow, where a select sect of the Knights of Seiros, tainted with Rhea's blood turn on you as she goes insane. The other interesting part is about how Those Who Slither in the Dark assassinated and forged Klaus I's will to split Faerghus. This results in the successful formation of the Leceister Alliance as it is able to secede in 881, just twenty years after Klaus I's death in 861.

We get to the Tragedy of Duscur, which we should all be familiar with at this point. Those Who Slither in The Dark engaged in a False Flag attack to decapitate the leadership of Faerghus, leaving only Dimitri alive and the blame with the citizens of Duscur. The resulting pogrom alienated the region and the deaths of all his siblings as well as the knowledge that someone who looked like the Flame Emperor did it left Dimitri a shell of himself.

These two points combined lead to more than just Dimitri's current state. Because the central Church had a "Shadowed Order" that was snooping around, they got caught by the Western branch who thought that the main Church did the assassination because like Sylvain says in his support with Dedue: Duscur didn't have the capabilities to do what happened there. A suspicion that was likely made worse when Catherine (who was at some point a suspect when the Kingdom wasn't just genociding Duscur) was given amnesty in exchange for joining the knights.

This led to Christophe attempting to assassinate Rhea, failing, and getting executed not for trying to kill Rhea but for being one of the culprits for the Tragedy of Duscur. Now the Western Church knows that something's going on and assume the worst, pushing Lonato into getting revenge against Rhea for killing his son for a crime he didn't commit (as opposed to the crime he very much did) and from there we get chapter 3's mission, Ashe's paralogue and Flayn's paralogue.