Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Constance and Edelgard carrying everyone else's mediocre growths, very fitting :hmmyes:

Looking forward to watching her vaporize fools with Bolting :science:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malah
May 18, 2015

Rally just kind of sucks in this FE because it doesn't do enough. Annette is the least bad rally bot, and even her Rally takes a while to get to something better than "eh" from a unit that's otherwise about as "eh". Too fragile to nostank, and nothing else on her spell list really stands out other than Excalibur and Recover. She's got just enough power that she works consistently right out of the box, but she doesn't have anything more going for her that would put her in the spotlight.

I'd like to see her with Rally Mag or another standout spell, but then she would make Alois and Ignatz look even worse.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Sometimes all that's staving off death are WM Avo +20 and a tree. :shepface:

Natural 20 posted:

Although you could be Ferdinand and have Heal/Ward/Restore for some godforsaken reason.
Magic availability is just generally weird in 3H, even beyond basics like locking Gremory to women or physic distribution. It never really clicked just how dire player access to siege magic was before DLCs until I checked the lists myself and laughed at the idea of trying to drag Manuela or Hilda to Reason A for Bolting.

Also: Manuela does get access to Physic! The school nurse is in fact a legit medic! But only when she's an allied unit! :psyduck:

Malah
May 18, 2015

Psion posted:

(also I gotta say those early supports are really bad, and yes he DOES grow, and that is a good thing for a character to do, but also you combine mechanical problems with a bad first impression and oof, kiss of death)
Lorenz and Manuela have a good support. That's about it I think? There's a sprinkling of noblesse oblige and otherwise:

Natural 20 posted:

Unit Reviews

Lorenz Hellman Gloucester

Malah
May 18, 2015

Natural 20 posted:

Manuela is a hot mess.

Conclusion

I can fix her!!!

Malah
May 18, 2015

Hold on - did the Death Knight just unceremoniously pop back into the loadout when Crimson Flower started? Was there ever an explanation for it, or what his deal is? Is he still murdering people around the monastery?

Does the Death Knight have supports with anyone?

Oh, NO :psyboom:

Malah
May 18, 2015

Eimi posted:

Oh there are supports.
YES

Eimi posted:

Shamefully there is no Manuela x Death Knight support.
NO

Then what is even the loving point of this route? :psyduck: Let Manuela bag the serial killer, it writes itself!!

Shinji117 posted:

To follow up on this;
Rhea: "There are rumors of someone prowling the streets and attacking innocents, night after night. The knights have investigated the matter. They have not discovered any remains, nor have they found any concrete evidence."
Yeah, I got the impression he was a plant from the Agarthans or Empire? No idea why he was actually there (he accomplished nothing with his infiltration except sucker punching Manuela) but something seemed to be scaring the hell out of the locals given all the rumors that propagated during the build-up to his

... second? Third confrontation? I've watched Lysithea obliterate him with Dark Spikes so many times that it's hard to differentiate between them.

Malah
May 18, 2015

Manuela/Jeritza S Support:

Natural 20 posted:

I'll be showing all the Jeritza supports since that's all new content for us in CF! (And for me because I completed CF last time before Jeritza's release.)

But yes, what we know now is that he's been under the direct employ of Edelgard and apologised to Manuela for stabbing her.
I missed that he was post-release, and that'd be why I remember next to nothing about him outside of gameplay as an enemy unit. Then again, as DLC perhaps he'll fare better than the CF cutscenes?

Thanks for the various refreshers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malah
May 18, 2015

The :unsmigghh: ending that any CF run deserves.