Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I'm just really curious as to what team you want to assemble.

I mean, props for wanting to use Dorothea and Edelgard, but you're a heathen for saying you've no plans for Bernie.

:cheeky:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
My first playthrough I made him a Hero.

And regretted it.

As I'd already used the Boots on Byleth, and being long before the Fetters existed, his low Move meant that he just never made it to combat.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Y'know, I've never actually looked at Bernie's growths before.

That strength growth surprises me. I've been phenomenally lucky I guess, as every time I've used her she's turned out a monster, getting faaaar more strength than that growth would imply.

She's the one who beat the Death Knight early on in my very first playthrough.

But seeing those growths.... yeah I wouldn't take the chance on Maddening.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
For a second I was a little confused with your statement about 'all' the archers having bad stats/strength growth.

Then I remembered that the 'intended' archer for the GD is NOT Leonie, it's Ignatz.

In which case I agree.

No opinion on Ashe, as I to this day haven't done a BL playthrough.

In regard to Curved Shot, it's actually amazing. It's not about the miniscule damage it gives, it's about the +1 range and increased accuracy. You use it to reliably chip down an enemy into the range that you can oneshot them with another character and not have to eat a counter. Or to finish off an enemy that's just barely hanging on.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Sniper Ignatz having high crit rate means nothing to me, as I can easily get Shamir to 100% crit anyway.

Shamir's great.

Also, I really just don't like Ignatz's look. I think both his pre and post timeskip haircuts are dumb, and that's enough for me to not use him when there's so many good units.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I like making her a Valkyrie.

Less movement, but the extra range on her magic gets silly.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I'm a boring person who always just makes her a Bow Knight.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Flowers so he's always motivated.

Sauna time to give him bonus to instruction.

Brute force those Authority lessons down his throat until he hits at least C.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I just like doing the gimmick build of making her a Bolt Axe Warrior.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
He relic sword is pretty drat good, if you're willing to put her in melee range of something to use it.

At least, I remember it as being useful.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Something I always do when using Raphael is give him a Hexlock shield and a stock of Pure Water.

He's slow enough that with or without the shield he'll be doubled anyway, so might as well take the extra Res.

Also, as he's basically always getting doubled that +11 Res applies twice, saving him 22 HP per mage encounter.

He'll still pop if you let him get swarmed by mages, but in one on one encounters it lets him survive long enough to get in close to Punch. Especially if you have the spare skills slots for Tomebreaker to occasionally dodge the spells.

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
I only ever use her enough so that she doesn't instantly die in her paralogue.

She's not worth an Abyss Seal imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Mortal Savant Lysithea.

Gotta make use of that hidden talent for swords after all.