Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Lorenz serves a very important purpose for any house (giving his relic to Lysithea, as nat20 pointed out) but especially for GD his role of 'freeing up a deployment slot for a recruit I like' is, much like Ignatz, significantly more important than it may seem!

let us all hail Lorenz for doing the needful here

I'm guessing, but I think his stat spread was an attempt at something unusual to provide variety which didn't really work out. The idea of a mixed attacker is fine in theory, but in practice deployment slots combined with being in the same house as one of the two premiere magic users and at least two superb physical units isn't great for him. Specialization tends to win out.

(also I gotta say those early supports are really bad, and yes he DOES grow, and that is a good thing for a character to do, but also you combine mechanical problems with a bad first impression and oof, kiss of death)

Psion fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU