Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
:rubby:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

please knock Mom! posted:

Lmao this thread is going places

yep glad we made an entirely new thread so we could keep the topic on the game itself

:rubby:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
I leveled to 38 via rapier/musket build but it's really frustrating with bad ping, especially if you mistime ripostes. The damage can be quite good but I'm contemplating switching to a paladin build one I unlock next level of faction rep, just seems like less effort for now sustainability

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Coming back from my 24h ban with a little bit of salt, I decided to report back some of the chat spammers in our faction when we won a war over Windsward, the de facto capital of our server. Glad to see Amazon Games makes it super easy to mass report people by keeping your ban reason filled in with the previous report!

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
My freakin guildmate just got another ban, this time upgraded to a 2 day ban after he just finished a 24h ban not less than.. 24 hours ago. This time I completely avoided faction/global chat so I haven't received anything (yet). There's absolutely no way that there is a human being reviewing these bans at all, our guild is hated by our faction for no reason other than disliking racists/sexists/spammers and being vocal about it, yet due to the sheer numbers of idiots abusing the report button my guildmate is the one copping all the penalties.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

truther posted:

Apart from the Trading Post, how can I get some gems to socket my gear with?
I guessed it was from mining, which makes the most sense, but as far as crafting goes I haven't been able to find gems listed in any unlearned recipes in the various professions.

stonecutting, mine up a bunch of stone and cut them into blocks to raise up the level, don't bother with cutting the first tier gems since you can upgrade 3 minor types into a regular type

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

DropTheAnvil posted:

How bad is the grind after early-game? Is it just farming and doing the same thing over and over?

Pretty much. There's at least always something to do, like grind materials/life skill/faction tokens that make the exp grind not as blatant. But the gameplay doesn't change a lot after your initial tutorials, it's still mostly faction/town quests after you complete the initial side stories, which are pretty much your intro faction/town quests to the region.

ASAPI posted:

Well poo poo, I need to make more stone blocks….

Has anyone dialed in crafting yet? Like is it better to use as much upgraded everything to get a good roll or should I just make 500 of something and let rng do it’s thing?

Not sure if you mean skilling up a profession or crafting a specific item. If you want to create specific items like bags or armor, it's best to level ahead of the initial requirements to get better stat rolls. If you mean skilling up, then use whatever materials you have an abundance of, like for skilling up engineering crafting bows is usually pretty good since it doesn't use metal, or if you are crafting cloth/leather armor, then craft whatever material you want to salvage more of, which is usually cloth. Metals have ridiculous requirements, Starmetal needs like 12 iron ore for each ingot, so iron is always needed

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Update on my guildmate's ban status for those that care, despite him going thru live chat and submitting a ban appeal for this 3 day ban, I went with the more direct avenue of contacting one of the devs on Reddit and managed to somehow actually get a response as to why he was banned straight after coming out of a 24h ban.

The reason he was banned again was for calling someone "insect" in faction chat. I'm pretty sure he didn't say this yesterday, so this ban was for the previous infraction that he got the 24h ban for. Never mind that our faction chat is constantly full of sexists making rape/sex jokes.

Anyway, the dev said the moderation team thought a 3 day ban was excessive and unbanned him now. Maybe I was wrong about the autoban after all, I think automated moderation would actually be more preferable than the actual idiots on their moderation team

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

causticBeet posted:

Do crafting station upgrades get destroyed when a territory changes hands through war?

No, they only get downgraded if there's an invasion and no one bothers doing any corruptions

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Finally Pastor Walsh can get some peace :unsmith:

Also holy hell at the amount of quest bugs

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
4 hours downtime right on time for people in Asia to come off work to! Aussies at least got a couple hours in.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

CuddleCryptid posted:

The musket tends to have higher damage at range and perks that more closely support that sharpshooter role than the bow does. The bow is far more economical to use since you can make arrows from sticks and rocks you find on the ground vs iron cartridges, but shot for shot the musket is going to win in a ranged battle.

The main component in cartridges is saltpeter which is harder to find at the start of the game but it's everywhere in caves and graveyards, it's not that big a deal to create em over say farming chickens for feathers

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/playnewworld/status/1445763021331054596

maintenance extended for another couple hours

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Iron is the worst bottleneck in terms of crafting, and higher level zones really could use more spawns of it. With hemp at least it's pretty concentrated and Restless Shore seems to have heaps of it, but iron just seems few and far between. Starmetal is pretty abundant but every time I mine it I just think about all the iron i need to make them into bars and leave the ores sitting in town storage instead. Haven't really done much crafting with silver and have been giving them to my guildmates to level jewelcrafting, but it seems similar with heaps of gold ore sitting in my storage from levelling up mining and not enough flux to bother turning them all into ingots.

Wood is pretty boring but at least you can make the game window small and mindlessly level it up, Herbing is not bad with all the varieties but levelling alchemy outside of turning motes into higher tier essences just seems painful too.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Babe Magnet posted:

so does crouching or going prone actually do anything

nameplates are harder to see but enemies can still see you if they figure where you are and target you

ded posted:

if you do any crafting you can burn all that azoth in seconds

joining portal zerg groups shits both lootboxes and azoth as well as territory rep at you

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Last night we had the syndicate blatantly exploit the handin bug to declare war on three territories under the space of an hour, luckily it seems the wars are spaced out quite evenly for them so they won't be under resourced in trying to field enough people.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Flavahbeast posted:

afaik its not even a bug, there's just a big bonus for attacking a territory that hasn't been at war in a while, or for being the faction with fewer territories (syndicate only has two right now)

I'm sure they had a bonus for the towns that were due for a war, but taking three of them in such a short amount of time made me think about this post:

orange juche posted:

Federation Gold is at least friendly to the goon groups on Rollyo, so it's not as bad as it could be (letting the territory drop and letting the opposite factions get it). The territory may yet fall to purple anyways since they're abusing a rapid click exploit to multiply the impact of PVP mission turnins.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Hemish posted:

It's the first key the tutorial tells you! Press X to sheath/unsheath. I also do it because I look cooler when walking around not hunting anything.

I'm having a lot of fun trolling corruption groups by standing just in front of the veil with an unsheathed weapon and blocking all the people who don't know that unsheathed weapons have player collision

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Sanguinia posted:

The whole town-building system in this game with the governors and the taxes to build infrastructure and whatnot seems really cool based on some videos I watched. Also the super in-depth gathering and crafting systems. Are they as fun as they seem?

Fun until you reach tier 4 and the exponential increase results in you needing about four times as much tier 1 materials to create a single resource. The factions poo poo just creates a lot of drama, at least on my server

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
The launch fuckery combined with locked servers has pretty much killed any influx of newbies, resulting in the remaining target audience being people who didn't poopsock the first week. We tried to do some PVP to take over Monarch's Bluff, but even with the supposed buff to attackers our Covenant faction are just plain outnumbered for any real attempt to take over the town. We made it to ~50-60% influence, and Syndicate had a group of 30 chain running to push it back the progress. It was all a moot point though because we lost all progress when an Invasion took over the area with no one clearing Corrupted portals in lowbie zones when I went for dinner.

If you guys like the SE area of Brightwood you may like Edengrove, but as a rapier user with no self healing that place is just awful and I need to use up all my consumables for each mob.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Darwin_ posted:

But I have mere feeling that only thing protected is our billing info which has nothing to do with our characters' servers and is anonymized and stored in a bunch of servers that are part of a location-independent cloud.

Not even this since all transactions go through Steam I believe

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
I think there's like 2 quests that gives orbs to starstone and amrine

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

dipwood posted:

There really needs to be more for companies to actually do besides a literal handful of them owning towns, then you wouldn't need to cap the servers so hard.

Also towns worth a drat, literally only ones making money atm are Brightwood/Everfall/Windsward. All others either have to specialize in one area which barely pays back investment, and the map not updating profession tiers makes everyone always ask for what the latest tiers are in public chat

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Axel Serenity posted:

Hit level 52, and I think I'm about done. I had fun getting to this point and somehow failing upwards to being in the "inner circle" of my faction, but a lot of the flaws I had in Alpha almost a year ago are still here. It just seems like they pushed them back by 20 levels or so.

At 50, I'm basically just dried up on quests and the few I do have are ridiculously hard with Life Staff/Rapier. Constant respawns to mobs on tops of towers, having to crawl through level 60 mobs to get to the areas I need, constant travel to certain crafting benches burning through my Azoth, etc. The wars are fun, but there's not much of a point to them and gets to be a bit much if your faction is trying to keep up with them even semi-seriously. So, basically, my game has become "spam the faction board or run portals," which isn't a super engaging way to grind out 8 more levels.

I've spent worse $40, and it's easy enough to pop in for a few minutes, check the landscape, update my company's territory stuff, etc. I'll be curious what they add in the future or what changes they make, but two weeks seems like a good stopping point to going hard in the pain on it.

This is where I am right now, our server constantly runs corruption groups for people to grind out 40-60 but 1) Tier 4 staff bug causing lvl 55 rifts to never close 2) Portals bug out and despawn 90% of the time, resulting in no 2k exp reward. Super frustrating.

I also specifically switched from DEX Rapier/Musket to FOC Rapier/Lifestaff just because mobs in those upper zones constantly respawn on top of one another and hit hard to the point that I was running out of consumables without self healing. Literally tried to access a resource node that 2 mobs were guarding, and by the time I killed both of them and started hitting the node they respawn on top of it again.

At the moment I'm just grinding the poo poo out of resources and lifeskilling, but then I'm stuck with having no refining reagents since I don't need to hit chests as much anymore. Then all that's left to do is grind out faction tokens with PVP quests to buy more converters. One of the rival faction towns is really in need of a war at the moment, I was getting over 2% influence per quest handin.

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Barreft posted:

It's been an hour, no one has given any reason for a solo to play this to lvl 60 and beyond? drat

At level 60, you can finally play New World

edit: seems we got new patch https://www.newworld.com/en-us/news/articles/update-1-0-2

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

Scruffpuff posted:

Got a weird bug today. No light attacks could connect on any mobs, and all chests disappeared. I could still land heavy and special attacks. Not sure how any of that makes sense but there it is.

I couldn't auto attack at all unless I used a skill beforehand. Also I kept spawning into Dynasty underwater and almost drowned

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Guess I'm just gonna carry this T3 and T4 azoth staff in my backpack forever

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

:toot:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
i could forgive their copy paste fort designs if they didnt have like 5-10 enemies aggro on you as soon as you step in through the door and respawn faster than me, a rapier user can kill them. they really didnt want people to solo endgame content huh

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Best way to find out that heals break duels was when I was actively trying to troll the local duel tournament by building tents and during the finals of a particularly close duel. With the chat spamming "mass report" on me, if I get banned this time around it will have been worth it

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

:allears:

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem

sure okay posted:

Do you guys like moving fast? I figured I would share my strat for getting around.

This is pretty good, I've been using Rapier Mastery. Evade with Allegro gives 20% movement speed for 3s, and you can cancel out the animation with a dodge roll. So my process would be dodge -> evade -> dodge -> weapon switch cancel, or in terms of keys, shift -> evade key -> shift -> x. I also take Fleche with Quick Lunge, and you can get by pretty quick by killing critters or low level mobs with Fleche since the cooldown resets quickly after killing

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
Yeah I can't be assed to login and deal with the legendary weapon poo poo lol, also where's outpost rush???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kill All Cops
Apr 11, 2007

Pacheco de Chocobo

Hell Gem
cant u get someone to buy and ferry you an encumberance potion?