Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

"I'm so mad about having to post on a different discord, I hope all your pets get cancer. What are you fuckers going to do about it?! Also, I'm going to keep making weirdly aggressive posts about it even though it's clear nobody gives a poo poo about my concerns, and would rather I just stay where I am. PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEE."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

"..and then came the black crow, herald of doom, who foretold the coming of death."

Does it count as mod sass if we make shirts?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

what the poo poo

edit: world is a gently caress

Digital Prophet fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Oct 11, 2021

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

CLAM DOWN posted:

-the UI is absolutely embarrassingly awful. buggy, laggy, lacking basic QoL
-the entire game is missing basic QoL features and it's so incredibly obvious every time I play. everything from the UI to crafting to movement and travel to basic quest/gameplay things.
-the PvE is 3.5 quests repeated forever. it's monotonous, boring, repetitive, and tedious.
-the PvP had potential but they whiffed it. the level differences makes open world pvp garbage and no one flags.
-because I'm behind the levelling curve (i'm level 31), I don't get to take part in wars because of the aforementioned level difference meaning no one will let me in. so I don't get to do the SOLE unique feature of this game, and that is absolute garbage.
-the crafting is terrible and pointless. gathering is actually good and pretty satisfying, but to what end? for what point?
-the entire game is just a circa-2006 grind fest.
-somehow the launch has been hosed up so badly that there is basically no influx of new players, already, and the low level zones are dead. in 2 weeks.

I'm waiting until 50 so I can at least see what the "end game" stuff is like but this is all legit, and I'm probably done too unless the invasions and pvp stuff is super loving awesome. Im 30ish now and its been a lot of levels of the exact same poo poo in slightly different locations. The randomly generated faction/town quests were old almost immediately, and even the "storyline" quests are exactly the same thing with better text. If they wanted to turn this from a pvp game to a pve game they needed to delay it a lot more to actually add interesting quests instead of all this generic generated garbage.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

The Secret World was an interesting case of quest design because it showed how much investment matters to giving a poo poo about the quests. You go to an area where there are cool conspiratorial designs and neat monsters, you are way into it. You go to an area that sucks rear end (Egypt) and its a total slog. Quests don't fundamentally change, but the area does.

This game was so great except for everywhere other than Maine. Except for the arms dealing mummy guy he was awesome.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

Protip, don't do Amrine unless you're at several levels over the recommended one. I just had a group severely struggle to even get down the basic enemies while I tanked and our healer ended up not being a healer. We got all the way to the end and just had to quit at the boss, an hour and a half plus tons of repair parts later.

The way to win this one is to have Elroy run around in a circle and kite the boss while you plink away at it for two hours. PROSTRATS IN THIS THREAD

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

CuddleCryptid posted:

SILENCE, FORT

new thread title

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Noonsa posted:

I was about to transfer to Royllo to join the goon companies, but it seems you all might still transfer to another server?

apparently, but nobody knows which yet and nobody is making any decisions for two weeks.

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Weird horse avatar guy shits hot takes ITT

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

As a pve player I would be perfectly happy to let flagged people get +33% exp and better luck rolls. No skin off my back. I would not be happy getting bumped off a node, go gently caress yourself.

My question is, why arent there straight up full/partial loot always on pvp servers? The game just auto flags you for pvp when you leave town then unflags you when you go in. this seems like it would be super easy to implement and everyone would be happy. If theres enough demand, roll out a free for all non-faction based pvp server too for the real hard core murderer types. DAoC was doing this literally 20 years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Prophet
Apr 16, 2006

Feliday Melody posted:

I just want to pick flowers and maybe do some PVE support. Is this game for me?

group me for flower picking