Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
CD players weren't really mainstream yet in 1989. Wiki makes it sound like they were the poo poo back in the early 80s, but they really didn't make it till the latelate 80s and mostly early 90s. I think there was some breakout year during christmas where a company made an affordable one and it was the thing to have because overnight the stores went from tapes to CDs.

Anyway.

Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time
Iron Maiden - Live After Death (Mom used to wake me up with this)
Iron Maiden - Powerslave
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
Iron Maiden - Killers
Misfits - Collection 1
Janes Addiction - Nothing's Shocking
Public Enemy - It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
Pailhead - Trait
Bunch Duran Duran which I liked when I was like 8.

Probably a bunch of other random metal and punk and rap that was blowing up at the time. The 80s was quite the time for music, as much, if not moreso than the 90s.

I still listen to everything today. Do people even make new music anymore?

This was produced by Juno Reactor, some early psytrance awesome (At the time is was just called techno, which then split to trance, then finally psytrance years later and got boring with the basketball bass and triplets) . Traci Lords had a good ear and tossed her name on a lot of decent songs other people made.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

wankel13b posted:

Maybe you had some on cassette, but I found Pailhead odd without some Ministry or Fugazi on the list.

Yep, love those bands, too, but never listened to them until much later. At the time, I was skating, and this was my first taste of both those bands. I had NO IDEA who anyone was at the time, the Pailhead songs were just playing CONSTANTLY at the minipipes we skated. I think Pailhead was featured in a few skate videos, so it wormed its way around. 15 was the transition from my Iron Maiden metal days over to skate punk and rap stuff.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 8, 2021