Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

Forums Electronic MusiciaBRRRIIINGYIPYIPYIPYIP

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Chemical Brothers - Keep Hope Alive

Isn't that The Chrystal Method?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

When I was 15 or I guess maybe 14 since The Downward Spiral came out in 1994, I tried to buy it and the long-haired record store clerk guy wouldn't sell it to me because of the Explicit Lyrics label.

So I moped around the store waiting for my mom to finish shopping there and the dude actually came and found me and said "hey your mom won't kill me if I sell this to you, will she?" and I said NO NOT AT ALL even though she would have HATED me listening to that album at the time, and I got it and I'm forever grateful to that dude because that album was really significant in turning me on to a heap of other things. Thank u record store clerk wherever u are, I hope you're at peace and happy

Floodixor
Aug 22, 2003

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Oh yeah, you're right. I wrote that down wrong on the CD case.

I figured, I get it, like rolling the dice with accurate song artists/titles from Kazaa downloads and whatnot.

Like I thought the Replacement's (great) song "Anywhere Is Better Than Here" was the Goo Goo Dolls for a decade.

Though, to be fair, the GGD tried very hard earlier in their career to mimic the Replacements as best they could - and they did a pretty good job, as superstar car wash and a boy named goo are really good albums IMO. Then they scored a hit with "Iris" and began their trudge into "adult modern rock" slog but oh well