Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Looking to spoopify your avatar for halloween? This is the thread for making avatar requests and/or showing off your seasonal/terrifying new identities!

Reminder for those who want to revert to their normal av in November, please post your current avatar in the signup thread before changing anything. That will make it much easier for GAG and me to restore things after the holiday. Note that yobbers must buy their own spooky avs, but the reversion is free.

For additional chills and thrills, when you buy your new av it's the perfect opportunity to add one (or more?) of our seasonal gang tags! Here are the versions on the SA server:

If you want to use one or more of those bad boys, just paste the image address(es) above into the text part of your custom title, surrounded by IMG tags, when it comes time to purchase it.

So go to it everyone, and happy haunting! As usual, the avatar size limits are 180x180 pixels, 150kb filesize, must be in PNG, JPG, or GIF format.

I'll be happy to try my hand at making some avs, and I'd love a spooky avatar myself! Some variation of the manifisto hand/fist would be great, here are some past ones:

I love them all but that goddamn running hand makes me laugh every time

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

I would like to be spooky please

nut

I will be able to chip in throughout the month to help spook up avs. I'll upload the ones I've got from last year if anyone needs them for reuse!

and I'd love to spook up!

nut

vanisher

I'll buy myself a spooky av if someone wants to make me one!

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young
I would LOVE a halloween av if someone is up for it! doesn’t have to be based on my current one, go hog wild with your imagination!!!

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
I too would like to request a spooky, pothead themed zombie/ghost/whatever Halloween avatar please! I will also contribute if I can

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Goons Are Gifts

I already got skeletified but if anyone has an idea to make this even greater or spookier or BOTH I'm so gonna do it there's no end to this

alnilam

I am not good at gif or art but i made this, what do you think, please give me constructive criticism if you think it could be improved! But not too much because this is just about at the edge of my abilities!

e: it is obv a reference to :getin: but is not as beautifully animated

alnilam fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Oct 6, 2021

ty manifisto

vanisher

Here's a quick thing Mani

Optimized to under 150kb

e: i'm sure something could be added, maybe devil horns like al? devil mod (& ex-mod) crew

vanisher fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 6, 2021

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

I am not good at gif or art but i made this, what do you think, please give me constructive criticism if you think it could be improved! But not too much because this is just about at the edge of my abilities!

as a ref to the get in smilie I think adding the grin would help with the recognition. maybe also a curling tail? I or someone could help you with that stuff.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

Here's a quick thing Mani

Optimized to under 150kb

e: i'm sure something could be added, maybe devil horns like al? devil mod (& ex-mod) crew

ooh I love the idea, and I think devil horns might take it to the next level! so long as al doesn't think I'm treading on his territory of course.

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

Manifisto posted:

as a ref to the get in smilie I think adding the grin would help with the recognition. maybe also a curling tail? I or someone could help you with that stuff.

hmm yeah you're right...

If anyone wants to take a stab at it please feel free :shobon: otherwise I will attempt it tomorrow

ty manifisto

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

here ya go! I played with the timing and the placement of the text for better readability

let me know if you'd like me to try to add in a tail

ty nesamdoom!

alnilam

lol I love it thank you!

ty manifisto

alnilam

A tail would be fun but only if you're feeling inspired, otherwise i will buy this av tomorry probably

ty manifisto

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

A tail would be fun but only if you're feeling inspired, otherwise i will buy this av tomorry probably

hmm I feel like it might be gilding the lily a bit but choose the one you like!

ty nesamdoom!

Percy Teatwillow

let us go out this evening for pleasure, for the night is still young

alnilam posted:

my only real piece of (constructive!) criticism would be to echo that the text was a bit hard to read and would look better against a solid color (if this isn’t possible, thick outlines on letters always look good too!) but past that I think you did great :-)

THANK U Heather Papps !!

Gluehead posted:

i met snow at a restaurant once and i was like 'man, informer is a really good song!' and he just looked up from the bowl of french onion soup he was eating, mouthed the words 'gently caress off' and then he gave me the finger twice with boths hands, then crossed the two fingers to make a cross and aimed it at me
biosterous

Ghosts And Ghouls posted:

I already got skeletified but if anyone has an idea to make this even greater or spookier or BOTH I'm so gonna do it there's no end to this

i was trying to do some fading gif stuff but it wasn't working so i gave up but this part is a keeper worth sharing imo

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

alnilam

testing

mani I ended up going with tail-less, the tail one was maybe a little too busy... thanks for the updates!!

ty manifisto

Manifisto

alnilam posted:

testing

mani I ended up going with tail-less, the tail one was maybe a little too busy... thanks for the updates!!

you look great!

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

your friend sk posted:

I would like to be spooky please

some ideas for ye!

the second pair is slightly zoomed in

honestly I think the ones with the holes for face and eyes may be . . . too spooky? up to you tho!

alnilam

lol that owns, and is spooky

ty manifisto

Manifisto

nut posted:

I will be able to chip in throughout the month to help spook up avs. I'll upload the ones I've got from last year if anyone needs them for reuse!

and I'd love to spook up!

maybe something along these lines?

ty nesamdoom!

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

:gonk:

hot cocoa on the couch

Manifisto posted:

:lmao:

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Manifisto posted:

Lmao

And I said the nut juggling pumpkin could never be topped….

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

nut

Manifisto posted:

some ideas for ye!

the second pair is slightly zoomed in

honestly I think the ones with the holes for face and eyes may be . . . too spooky? up to you tho!

lmao

Manifisto posted:

lmfao, surely i must use this one

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

hell yeah it's the best

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

also please make me spooky and/or scary?

Manifisto

vanisher posted:

I'll buy myself a spooky av if someone wants to make me one!

I have an idea for your av that I think is p funny but may be kinda hard to execute . . . we'll see

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

okay this is more or less the concept

getting this down to 150k will be a bear! so be honest, is it worth pursuing?

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

okay this is more or less the concept

getting this down to 150k will be a bear! so be honest, is it worth pursuing?

:boom:

Manifisto posted:

lol

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Manifisto-

I had an idea but it's too big for an avatar

But then I thought maybe you'd want it to add onto your sig file

And if neither, that's fine too but the important thing is I wanted to share the CHILLER throwback from back in the day :unsmith:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Manifisto

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Manifisto-

I had an idea but it's too big for an avatar

But then I thought maybe you'd want it to add onto your sig file

And if neither, that's fine too but the important thing is I wanted to share the CHILLER throwback from back in the day :unsmith:

haha this is awesome thank you

I will do something with it for sure!

ty nesamdoom!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
:peanut:

Goons Are Gifts

Manifisto posted:

good lord look how scarily happy nut is

Manifisto

this is what the vanisher one looks like crunched down to under 150k:

vanisher

Manifisto posted:

this is what the vanisher one looks like crunched down to under 150k:

sorry - I think I meant to reply but I didn't finish the post and then forgot about it. I like the idea and it looks great!! Thanks Mani!

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifisto

Percy Teatwillow posted:

I would LOVE a halloween av if someone is up for it! doesn’t have to be based on my current one, go hog wild with your imagination!!!

hmm it's not original art or anything but if you like it I could maybe try to add a bit of animation or something?

e: animation idea:

Manifisto fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Oct 8, 2021