Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
EVERYMORNINGIWAKEUPANDFIREUPAVIDEOPROJECTORITSHELTERSKELTERANDRIGHTTHENANDTHEREISTART DOINGTHEMOVESALONGSIDEWITHTHEMAINCHARACTERCHARLIEMANSON

letter to police, dated 1971. cipher decoded in 1976.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Das Boo posted:

Yeah, amateur sketches are where it's at!

Oh gently caress they're onto me :gonk:

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Mooey Cow posted:

Oh gently caress they're onto me :gonk:

The only rubber hat you'll be wearin' now is the one on Old Sparky, fiend.

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

wasn't there a whole thing about how one of the suspects kept trying to get his friends to call him zodiac as a cool lil nickname

e: just googled and this was an entirely different suspect. think we should probably execute anyone giving themselves a nickname either way

VileLL fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Oct 9, 2021

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

I don't get serial killers. There is no human story or motivation; they're just nuts. Normal rational people who are driven to murder are far more interesting IMO.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
it's crazy to me we've identified count chocula as the greatest cereal killer of all yet he still walks free

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Strategic Tea posted:

I don't get serial killers. There is no human story or motivation; they're just nuts. Normal rational people who are driven to murder are far more interesting IMO.

They are human though, that's what's interesting.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Get this you guys: I'm the Zodiac killer

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
The real Zodiac Killer was in our hearts all along.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

VileLL posted:

wasn't there a whole thing about how one of the suspects kept trying to get his friends to call him zodiac as a cool lil nickname

e: just googled and this was an entirely different suspect. think we should probably execute anyone giving themselves a nickname either way

aleister crowley insisted people call himm the great beast 666 lmao

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

down n out posted:

Prominent serial killers are being found because family members are submitting their DNA for lineage history and lo and behold, they’re popping up on police databases for unsolved crimes dating back decades. Golden state killer, Paris police killer, etc. Dig up the corpse and get that man’s jizz pronto.

You need a reason to dig up a corpse and collect jizz?

Weirdo

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Robo Reagan posted:

I prefer the name a guy called him in Mansfield 66/67, the Count Chocula of Satanism.

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Mozi posted:

it's crazy to me we've identified count chocula as the greatest cereal killer of all yet he still walks free

Matthew Lillard is the the only true Cereal Killer.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Das Boo posted:

Yeah, amateur sketches are where it's at!

Clearly Fred Durst

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1445848855933702144

VileLL
Oct 3, 2015

Robo Reagan posted:

lol

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I guess the punishment for a dead guy should be to dig up his body and show everyone his dessicated penis. I have no other ideas I'm stuck on that one

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

hi guys its me the zodiac killer just checking in again to say that the cops aint caught be yet haha ok peace

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Gasmask posted:

hi guys its me the zodiac killer just checking in again to say that the cops aint caught be yet haha ok peace

Yeah, but can you grill?

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just chillin' in Cedar Rapids, with the Zodiac killer

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

Xenocides posted:

Yeah, but can you grill?

haha sure i love grilling :) and stabbing people, writing cyphers, all that good stuff :)

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010
The fbi says this theory is BS.

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Maybe the FBI was the real Zodiac killer all along :tinfoil:

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Strategic Tea posted:

Seems their motivator is usually their boner.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Fame Douglas posted:

I'm just chillin' in Cedar Rapids, with the Zodiac killer

The Zodiac Chiller.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Eh if you want street cred go with someone who actually succeeded in their murders, like the sub goon or caro :shrug:

The sub goon built the sub but was not the murderer (a common mistake). Caro, however, did succeed in almost getting himself murdered. God bless Caro, I wonder how much he suffers from PTSD these days.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

BigBadSteve posted:

The sub goon built the sub but was not the murderer (a common mistake). Caro, however, did succeed in almost getting himself murdered. God bless Caro, I wonder how much he suffers from PTSD these days.

IIRC Caro also larped as a medic with zero training in a warzone and so probably got people killed through incompetence.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
What's Caro's k:d ratio

With and also without factoring in any sort of friendly fire AKA botched surgeries

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Who were the interesting rational murderers?

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

EorayMel posted:

What's Caro's k:d ratio

With and also without factoring in any sort of friendly fire AKA botched surgeries

Does all the torture he had in that Syrian prison come into factor?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Justin Godscock posted:

Does all the torture he had in that Syrian prison come into factor?

That was on his newgame+ so likely no

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
These dudes are literally just angling for a reality show. TV friendly name, only going after high profile 'unsolvable' cases (they've already attempted to find DB Cooper and Jimmy Hoffa), it's how these things get done. In fact one of them has confirmed that A&E has contacted them about doing a show.

What is weird is that one of the more compelling (potential) pieces of evidence they're claiming hasn't really been reported on: mainly that Gary knew Paul Stine (the murdered cab driver) and had a business dealing that went wrong. That makes things a little more curious but the rest of what they're pushing is dubious at best, not least their hilarious cryptography attempt.

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:

BigBadSteve posted:

Who is sub goon? Someone connected to peter madsen or is this about another unrelated submarine murder?

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

they just got shown up and are lashing out

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Aren't cold case investigators usually amateur morons who watched too much True Crime garbo and always think they thought of something no one else did even though its invariably something insanely stupid

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013
I'm more of a Meyers-Briggs Personality killer myself.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
Seems to me that the various communities of weirdos that have formed around trying to solve cases like this are unlikely to actually accept a final explanation simply due to the fact that they then wouldn't have anything to do anymore

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

LordArgh posted:

Seems to me that the various communities of weirdos that have formed around trying to solve cases like this are unlikely to actually accept a final explanation simply due to the fact that they then wouldn't have anything to do anymore

Yeah, then no more monthly “Evidence Exchanges” at TGI Fridays with half price apps and $5 margaritas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

LordArgh posted:

More than half of all murders in the US go unsolved, I don't think theres a lack of cases to investigate lol