Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/haileykrispy/status/1445872629974327296?t=jyIeJLbaJxpI__bsK2OmCQ&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

These dudes are literally just angling for a reality show. TV friendly name, only going after high profile 'unsolvable' cases (they've already attempted to find DB Cooper and Jimmy Hoffa), it's how these things get done. In fact one of them has confirmed that A&E has contacted them about doing a show.

What is weird is that one of the more compelling (potential) pieces of evidence they're claiming hasn't really been reported on: mainly that Gary knew Paul Stine (the murdered cab driver) and had a business dealing that went wrong. That makes things a little more curious but the rest of what they're pushing is dubious at best, not least their hilarious cryptography attempt.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

There's the good kind of cold case investigators who put time and resources into trying to solve crimes that have been forgotten, and then there's the ones who spend too much time on Websluths and Reddit and who think that body language is a science.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

Bronze Fonz posted:

There's also the TV Special investigators. They don't find anything but with enough terrible made-for-TV editing, it can be quite compelling!

Going to milk 8 seasons out of 'Is this dude the Zodiac' like those guys trying to find treasure on Oak Island.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Oct 12, 2021