Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
St. Thomas with their first D1 win over the State of Ferris 5-2. Gotta love watching “high level” college hockey in a high school arena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below

Troy Queef posted:

did they ever say what they're going to do for UST indoor sports? the basketball gym isn't very big either.

The current basketball arena can fit around 2,000 and is only about 10 years old (along with most other facilities on campus) so it will be fine for now but a new facility will be needed if they want to continue moving the program forward. Overall, their facilities are among the best in D3 and are as good if not better than many D2 schools in the state, so the current olympic sports will be just fine with what is there already even at the D1 level.

Jhet posted:

It's a purpose built arena for their college and high school, but I've not been inside it. Pretty sure there are better high school rinks in MSP, but they'll be using them for actual high school hockey on the weekends. Aside from buying a city block in an expensive neighborhood in St Paul, there's not going to be a better option. I just find it amusing that they're playing 15-20 minutes away from campus.

It's a nice facility for HS/D3 but it's really poor for D1 hockey. As a season ticket holder I probably won't renew if they are playing there next season. There are just zero fan amenities and it's located out in Mendota next to nothing. Fortunately, everything that I have read/listened/been told points to a new arena being announced somewhat soon. A few parents have said that the staff is telling recruits this and i've heard Rico Blasi say that they are "finalizing" things with the city of St. Paul and to expect an announcement soon. This arena will likely be a multi-purpose that will be used for basketball as well. The location that I have heard the most about is at the old Ford plant that is undergoing massive redevelopment in Highland Park, which is less than 2 miles from campus right down Cretin ave, but I doubt it would be completed in time for next season.