Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

The weird thing is, my normal vision is 20/15. My near vision had always been perfect until I got the eye surgery. I noticed immediately that I couldn't focus on things that were really really close. Like inches from my eyes. And as the years have gone on those inches have been moving out an inch or two a year to the point I need the readers. I really hope my far vision doesn't erode, as well.

Near vision just gets hosed up when you hit a certain age; your lens hardens and the focal point inside your eye shifts to a point behind it and gets blurry. To fix your nearsightedness they shifted the focal point from the middle of the eye, to the "projector screen" at the back. And now you've gotten older.

edit: or they just botched your surgery lol

Victis fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU