Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I have to wear reading glasses now. It sucks.

I went from wearing glasses/contacts to see anything past 10 feet for years to getting laser eye surgery and now I have to wear glasses again for anything within a few feet. It's like I've circled back around. At least I don't need them for anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I've always been nearsighted, but presbyopia kicked in some time in my 40s and I had to make more and more use of reading glasses. I was wearing contacts for distance correction but had to pull out the readers for close up. Then a couple years ago I had an optometrist push multifocal contact lenses on me and it was a goddamn revelation. They function kind of like bifocal glasses except there is no line and no awareness of the correction shift, and with them my vision is back to as good as it was in my 20s, if not better. I only need reading glasses with tiny print or really dim light - for the most part I can see close up just fine again.

I highly recommend them to anyone dealing with being nearsighted and also needing reading glasses - it is an amazing quality of life difference for me.

The weird thing is, my normal vision is 20/15. My near vision had always been perfect until I got the eye surgery. I noticed immediately that I couldn't focus on things that were really really close. Like inches from my eyes. And as the years have gone on those inches have been moving out an inch or two a year to the point I need the readers. I really hope my far vision doesn't erode, as well.