Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Pointy and Creepy. Bigger is better when it comes to video game houses. Especially if you can drop decorations around (which I have no idea whether or not that's possible in this game).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Odd Wilson posted:

If you know of any good water or summer themes that'd fit for more days like these, send 'em my way.

Legend of Mana:
Port City Polpota https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfH163Po8GU
To The Sea https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM4I1dCgmnY

Atelier Ayesha:
Flower-Scented Forest https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wybUZaMofU
Alluring Flower ~Summer~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaKoVtQ_2f8
Dance of a Water Drop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zd1aHNpboGQ

Odd Wilson posted:

This is a reference to a thing that's apparently common for stores carrying produce to do in Japan. I don't know if it has a special name or anything, all I know is that it exists.

They usually call it something like 'time-limited sales' in translations, but over here the only place I see them regularly is bakeries and grocery stores containing bakeries. When in-house baked goods are on the last day or two before their expiration date, they'll be on a special display/endcap with the price hacked down, because otherwise they'd throw it out in the morning anyway.

Odd Wilson posted:

BUSH: (Um... is this Clucky with a pumpkin on it's head supposed to be... me?)

Best I can give you is a cluckadoodle with an onion, take it or leave it. (It sort of resembles Bush's hairstyle...)

Raitzeno fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 7, 2022

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Odd Wilson posted:

CINNAMON: The most famous is one where a Wooly comes back to thank the person who helped it when it was injured.

CINNAMON: We have to take care of the monsters.

BUSH: Haha, I guess so.

I feel like that's a pretty common occurrence, but what do you want for the series mascot?

Odd that they used a sheep here, given this is, I believe, a reference to Tsuru no Ongaeshi (The Crane's Returning of a Favor), a ubiquitous Japanese folktale. There are other variants with different animals (none of which are sheep), but near as I can tell the crane is the originator, at least for Japan's common zeitgeist.

The gist of the story is that a man saves some creature from hunters and nurses it back to health, after which a woman shows up and offers herself to him as a wife. At some point said wife warns her husband not to peek as she does something, which differs from story to story. He usually does, which reveals her identity as the animal he saved - and with her secret revealed, either she is contractually obligated to disappear, or he chases her off.

Depending on who you ask, the moral is somewhere between "don't look a gift horse in the mouth" and "be kind to animals/strangers." I'm not super sure how well the wooly ties in with this, but I guess it beats having yet another bachelorette and locking her behind catching a constellation.

Raitzeno fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 13, 2022

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I would say to give it to either Cinnamon or Eunice, but with the way this game's been written Eunice probably takes it very badly. :/

(Giving it to Cinnamon is funny cause she's the only one who can't swim.)

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Some are easier cuts than others. Annette fell just short of my list.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Odd Wilson posted:

Alas, he must eat humble pie and accept some parts of himself still knead work.

Bush is always busy, he could stand to loaf around more often. Besides, this is a good season for it; might as well milk the tornado prevention, right?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Your replace script did its damnedest this update but you sabotaged it in a couple places, all dealing with Uzuki's portrait. There's two "Uzu"s missing their ki, which may be the real reason Cicada Samurai Dad is disappointed, and there's an "Uzuki-" that needed a colon transplant but its insurance plan only covered a hyphen.

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

I have to wonder if it's possible to reach that boss fight without ever actually meeting Iris (Blanche). That possibility would necessitate a failsafe - for example, a beat for beat repeat of a plot dump that happened mere seconds ago - but I don't get why they'd have alternate dialogue for you having Done the Thing, to the degree it actually lets you skip a boss fight entirely, and then not also check to see if you'd Done the Thing immediately afterward when it recaps in case you hadn't Done the Thing.

But then, this is the game with Runey management, so I guess sanity checks like that shouldn't be within the expected minimums here...

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Welcome back! I've missed this LP, so this was a nice surprise. :3

Odd Wilson posted:

BUSH: Are you doing better, Anette?

BUSH: Yeah. I was just a bit tired so I'll be fine after resting a little!

ANETTE: I'll just take a break and stay at Mist's place.

That second Bush should probably be Annette, no?

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Odd Wilson posted:

KANNO: It's cool and comfortable. Yam mont blanc should be really good in this season.

I had to look up mont blanc because I assumed it was a cake. Turns out it's actually pasta with cream on top and chestnut puree, named thus after the white capped mountain Mont Blanc.

The latter was at least guessable.

Still, the thing Eunice likes looks far more like a cake, so I don't know anymore when it comes to this world.

That didn't sound right to me, so I looked it up. :eng101: It's actually chestnut puree in the form of pasta! (Specifically, vermicelli.) You pipe it out so it coils up like that, then cover it with some combination of powdered sugar, whipped cream (piped into peaks), and/or meringue, depending on the recipe, to give it the resemblance to snowy mountains that gave it the name.

Presumably Kanno means to use yams in place of chestnuts. I don't know if they're necessarily interchangeable directly but I don't expect it's a bad idea, just a different flavor profile.

Like macarons, it's a French dessert that caught on in Japan and features heavily in manga, anime, and games due to being colorful and recognizable.

Raitzeno fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Mar 5, 2023

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Being unable to propose to various unmarried/widowed people is a problem in... pretty much every entry in the drat series, as far as I know? It's some serious bullshit in most cases. What the hell is stopping them? There's often a more objectionable person for one reason or another that IS available in the same town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Excellent work, a joy to read from start to finish. Looking forward to Blue Reflection as well as (eventually) Tides.