Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
We were denied a Geno Smith comeback because Tyler Lockett tripped over himself.

Also if you tuned out TNF, you missed the greatest punt(s) of all time:

https://twitter.com/BrandonPerna/status/1446302391775608834

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I don't think I've ever been more entertained by a losing Seattle effort, and I'm a Seattle fan.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://twitter.com/CorkGaines/status/1446303674310045700

Also

Its Rinaldo posted:

How does Ken Norton Jr still have a job?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Isn’t Seattle’s punter the AFL or rugby guy or whatever?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
In my opinion it's a travesty that you can't kick the ball multiple times if you're still behind the line of scrimmage

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Eifert Posting posted:

In my opinion it's a travesty that you can't kick the ball multiple times if you're still behind the line of scrimmage

The call stuck! Aikman and Buck were wrong!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

seiferguy posted:

The call stuck! Aikman and Buck were wrong!

Highlight of the game for me. Still had a chance

Seattle’s defense is a loving mess and Norton needs to be fired

Maybe into the sun in addition to losing his job

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Eifert Posting posted:

I think this is allowed in Canadian football

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Isn’t Seattle’s punter the AFL or rugby guy or whatever?

Seattle's punter had what might have been the single greatest bowl game performance I've ever seen, punter or any other position.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/12/28/16824930/texas-punter-michael-dickson-texas-bowl-latfp

I went from 'just keep going, we're getting stops and everything is fine. We'll flip the field eventually' all the way down to just laughing wondering what Dickson would do next.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Dreamed last night that New Orleans trades for Wilson before the deadline

Just want to put this out there in case I’m a seer or something

nah
Mar 16, 2009

There should be no limit to the number of kicks on any given play. The players can even kick the ball back and forth to each other. No more hands either, in fact turn the endzones into big goals with nets,

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

nah posted:

There should be no limit to the number of kicks on any given play. The players can even kick the ball back and forth to each other. No more hands either, in fact turn the endzones into big goals with nets,

But then it wouldn't be football...

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

nah posted:

go on

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
That punt was great. Punter is just such an alpha. I can't get over how he picks up the ball with one hand while running, while the football looks like it's spinning on its nose. Obviously the punt itself was great too but this dude has balls of steel as far as I'm concerned.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

fartknocker posted:

I think this is allowed in Canadian football

In the CFL you can punt the ball as much as you want back and forth since every time you punt the ball you are creating a new line of scrimmage. It's a rule that was retained from rugby that got eliminated in the American game.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Rams going 4-1 to start the season is better than what I expected from the first five games and the biggest surprise is that it was the Cardinals that handed them their lone loss. Giants, Lions and Texans up next in that order and it's going to be worrying if they drop any of those games.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

DariusLikewise posted:

In the CFL you can punt the ball as much as you want back and forth since every time you punt the ball you are creating a new line of scrimmage. It's a rule that was retained from rugby that got eliminated in the American game.

There was a clip from a few years back where the teams punted back and forth like 5 times in one play cause one team was trying to avoid a rouge or something from their own end zone.

Canadian Clownball :canada:

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
They have like a 1 pointer called a rouge where you just have to kick it through the endzone not through the uprights or anything.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

pasaluki posted:

That punt was great. Punter is just such an alpha. I can't get over how he picks up the ball with one hand while running, while the football looks like it's spinning on its nose. Obviously the punt itself was great too but this dude has balls of steel as far as I'm concerned.

Living that Nyheim Hines life...

https://twitter.com/KBowen1070/status/1446156878304665601?s=20

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
I don't understand how you hire Ken Norton. When the Raiders made him DC and beat reporters started tweeting out that he was a self-described "not a very big X's and O's guy" I was very :catstare: and even moreso when he delivered a bottom 5 unit

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

I don't understand how you hire Ken Norton. When the Raiders made him DC and beat reporters started tweeting out that he was a self-described "not a very big X's and O's guy" I was very :catstare: and even moreso when he delivered a bottom 5 unit

I assume coaches and front office people stuck in the 1990s remember him as a pretty good linebacker who won three straight Super Bowls between the Cowboys and 49ers and was a key part of the “Same old sorry rear end Rams” clip.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Him and Pete Carroll go back to his days at USC since 2004. It's pretty much a nepotism hire.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/RamsNFL/status/1446300828235665408?s=20

This is probably a good overview of the how stupid the Seahawks defensive calls are. Rams go empty, Seahawks bring 5, the Seahawks safety(#6) is just standing by himself in the middle of the endzone so everyone else just has one on one matchups and Stafford has his pick of whoever he wants.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

fartknocker posted:

There was a clip from a few years back where the teams punted back and forth like 5 times in one play cause one team was trying to avoid a rouge or something from their own end zone.

Canadian Clownball :canada:

Tired: two punts by one team in one play
Wired: four punts by two teams in one play

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5BFaykcxGg

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1446543640654794752

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Get brady and big Ben on imo

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

oh god stay healthy Staff :ohdear:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

really queer Christmas posted:

Get brady and big Ben on imo
Ben would literally become a drooling vegetable the following week

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

Ben would literally become a drooling vegetable the following week

"Become"?

Coolwhoami
Sep 13, 2007

Mega64 posted:

"Become"?

He’s a statue they don’t drool

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.

gotta get him and justin fields on the same team coached by kyle shanahan

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Game's not over yet but the Broncos seem to be more doody than the Steelers

That Which Squeaks
Aug 28, 2006

"Good. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you."
-Bill Belichick

seiferguy posted:

We were denied a Geno Smith comeback because Tyler Lockett tripped over himself.

Also if you tuned out TNF, you missed the greatest punt(s) of all time:

https://twitter.com/BrandonPerna/status/1446302391775608834

Ah, but have you considered the noggin punt?

https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/1447276265698996225?s=20

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/1447277635831271436

Jacksonville running the patented "get our coach fired" scheme here

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Now I understand why Dolphins fans hate Brady.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1447286237396615173?t=Qgcfj9e55xBhonv1okhS4w&s=19

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Broncos got going way too late but at least they made it respectable. Should still be a fun season

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
How is it possible for the Lions to do it week after week?

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
loving kill me

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

nah he was rarely that kind of good against us

Miami traditionally played better than anyone else against him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Pungry posted:

How is it possible for the Lions to do it week after week?

you see the lions are actually in hell and their continued existence is divine punishment from a cruel and malevolent god