Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

The Browns really lost when they got the ball back up 1 and immediately played coward ball by running the ball on 3rd&10. They then followed that up with a lovely punt, just to make things even sadder.

That last drive was really terrible design and decision-making too. Absolutely baffling.

The only good thing they did after the missed extra point was shoving Ekeler into the end zone.

To be fair it was a pretty good thing to do since it was their only chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

I’m gonna go ahead and say it: the Cowboys are good

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Cowboys are one of the best teams in the league this year.

Weird to see this much of a turnaround after last season, but I'm not complaining.

DQ is a good DC apparently. That and Parsons and Diggs doing what they do.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Don't worry Fat Mike will let you down once it matters

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!
I haven't been able to watch any of the Cardinals games this year. Are they a for real 5-0, or more like last year's Steelers 5-0

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Hughmoris posted:

I haven't been able to watch any of the Cardinals games this year. Are they a for real 5-0, or more like last year's Steelers 5-0

I mean one team has Kyler Murray and the other team had Ben Roethlisberger rotting to dust in front of our eyes

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Weird to see this much of a turnaround after last season, but I'm not complaining.

DQ is a good DC apparently. That and Parsons and Diggs doing what they do.

Al Harris' squad are a bunch of loving ball hawks. He's definitely putting in a lot of rep with his crew.

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
The Sirianni in the locker room after a win footage is the least inspiring thing I've ever seen in my life

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I often think of how the Panthers were going to take Herbert if the Chargers hadn't

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Woozie66 posted:

This game reminded me a lot of the Ravens MNF game last year. Just a huge offensive explosion where we come away with a loss but I weirdly feel encouraged overall. Except about the state of officiating. Jesus that was awful.

Same final score too: 47-42.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Saquon's ankle

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Go Cowboys

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

cardinals b*tch

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
GO FOR EVERY 4TH DOWN

Jimong5
Oct 3, 2005

If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If my fate is to be destroyed... I must simply laugh!!
Grimey Drawer

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Looking ahead at their schedule I don’t see how they don’t get the 1 seed.
And get embarrassed in the divisional round

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

a neat cape posted:

GO FOR EVERY 4TH DOWN

Yeah you did good on those this week so you're statistically more likely to fail at them next week!! :D

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
That PI call that screwed the Browns was real bad, but not as bad as that season where every PI call was reviewed for 10 minutes and still wrong 90% of the time.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Blind Pineapple posted:

but not as bad as that season where every PI call was reviewed for 10 minutes and still wrong 90% of the time.

The refs just going rogue against a really dumb decision by the rules committee was pretty funny.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

https://twitter.com/kentsomers/status/1447346384521236482

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1NwW3GCn7k

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Glad we paid this rear end in a top hat to give up highlight plays what feels like weekly at this point.

https://twitter.com/ByNateUlrich/status/1447350769171124230

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Jimong5 posted:

Looking ahead at their schedule I don’t see how they don’t get the 1 seed.
And get embarrassed in the divisional round

The Cardinals and Chiefs are their only really difficult matchups left. Some of the other games may be close, and they'll probably drop one or two, but a 13-4 season is absolutely reasonable looking forward.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

Hughmoris posted:

the steelers still went 12-4 so if that's your criteria then they're like 95% frauds.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Glad we paid this rear end in a top hat to give up highlight plays what feels like weekly at this point.

Have a drink and let’s get back at it next week. We do have issues to address in a QB and a D Coach

I think we face the Cardinals next and we better be ready

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Gatts posted:

Have a drink and let’s get back at it next week. We do have issues to address in a QB and a D Coach

On antibiotics so all I got is pissy but point taken.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

hifi posted:

the steelers still went 12-4 so if that's your criteria then they're like 95% frauds.

The steelers last year were known frauds at least by the cowboys game when they struggled against a historicly bad defense and a crippled offense led by Garrett Gilbert.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders are an offensive mess, and Gruden needs to have play calling stripped from him. The OC is also bad so that's an issue

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
The NFL is really odd. I don't know how the Steelers beat the snot out of this Bills team who are just taking it to the Chiefs so far

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

D-LINK posted:

The NFL is really odd. I don't know how the Steelers beat the snot of this Bills team who are just taking it to the Chiefs so far

You're never as good or as bad as you are on Week 1

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Shinjobi posted:

Go Cowboys

:hmmyes:

FUCKFACE MORON posted:

Saquon's ankle

:stonk:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Feel free to trade him and Troy Hill back to the Rams for a 5th and 2027 7th

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Raiders are an offensive mess, and Gruden needs to have play calling stripped from him. The OC is also bad so that's an issue

The going for it on 4th down has been good; the 4th down play calling has been terrible. The exception being the first two weeks when Jacobs was out.

It's the same issues as the red zone play calling last year.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I can’t speak for the Brown’s D, but how much of that last drive was Mayfield? I just saw the clip show, but it looked a lot like Baker was seizing on whoever was immediately available even if they were in the worst position possible, couldn’t tell if that was his horrible vision or the actual play call.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Y'all hear about this Justin Herbert kid

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Chucktesla posted:

He’s good at throwing the football into his wideouts’ hands and he can also run the ball into the endzone for points.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Chucktesla posted:

:hellyeah:

Weebly
May 6, 2007

General Chaos wants you!
College Slice
I’m not gonna swing wildly on the Browns because that DPI should have been OPI on Williams.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Judging the difference between the Pats and the Texans is like trying to grade turds by how many undigested corn kernels each one has.

Like yeah the Pats are better, but woof.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

is more corn better or worse?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Hey Ches and Browns fans feeling glum, look at it this way, we have a better record than the Chiefs

Cavauro posted:

is more corn better or worse?

It’s good because it means more feedstock for alcohol fo my sanitizer but bad because sustainability

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Justin Herbert is amazing and better than Mahomes.