Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

shirts and skins posted:

Imagine all the cash Vegas just raked in from first coach fired bets

He resigned does that effect anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shirts and skins posted:

Young phenom QB steps in front of a raucous home crowd and wins a Super Bowl in his second year as starter
Loses the Super Bowl to Brady the next year
The year after is 2-3 by October 11 with key injuries piling up

And the Seahawks haven't seriously threatened since

Patrick Mahomes is considerably better than Russ, sorry. That by itself is a significant variable.

Also the Chiefs are 2-3 through perhaps the nastiest opening schedule possible and only got beaten significantly once (last night). I mean don't get me wrong I'd be shocked if the Chiefs make the SB this season, but still.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Patrick Mahomes is considerably better than Russ, sorry. That by itself is a significant variable.

Also the Chiefs are 2-3 through perhaps the nastiest opening schedule possible and only got beaten significantly once (last night). I mean don't get me wrong I'd be shocked if the Chiefs make the SB this season, but still.

The Chiefs trying to get by with one wide receiver is starting to bite them in the rear end.

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

He resigned does that effect anything

Chances are good yes. Gruden was owed a full $100m, even if he were fired early from his 10-year contract. But getting a resignation likely means he just gets paid for the years he was HC and nothing more now. It would have to be built into his contract that even if he resigned that he'd be paid the full amount. Mark Davis might be stupid enough to let that be put in, so who knows!

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

aperion posted:

Chances are good yes. Gruden was owed a full $100m, even if he were fired early from his 10-year contract. But getting a resignation likely means he just gets paid for the years he was HC and nothing more now. It would have to be built into his contract that even if he resigned that he'd be paid the full amount. Mark Davis might be stupid enough to let that be put in, so who knows!

Oh I meant for prop bets. I don’t know if they make any distinction

aperion
May 15, 2007

i want to believe
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

Oh I meant for prop bets. I don’t know if they make any distinction

Oh. Couldn't tell you.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I remember feeling like this too

Omae wa mou shindeiru

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

lmao, from 3-0 to full tire fire in record time

I'd really advise any disgruntled Browns fans to savor every moment of their team being respectably good, while not always the best, because clown status is always closer than you think

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Jesus, when Lamar is on, he is ON.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
What an epic choke job.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Certainly our injured kicker won’t miss *this* time

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
The Ravens know how to keep it interesting.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam
Is Gruden Gone Yet hasn't been updated yet. I don't know who to believe...

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Remember folks, there is a Monday night playoff game this year. The Ravens can still play more MNF.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I thought there were a handful of times early on where Lamar could have ran for big gains and wound up throwing it to a worse option. It felt like he was holding back for some reason, but then he started picking apart the secondary and everything was cool and good again.

I do feel really bad for Blankenship, and tbh it’s kinda lovely that they kept running him out there if he was hurt.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

t a s t e posted:

Certainly our injured kicker won’t miss *this* time

Do teams seriously not have a backup kicker. Can’t the punter kick

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
Yeah, uncharacteristically poor decision making by Reich, leaning so hard on an injured kicker.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do teams seriously not have a backup kicker. Can’t the punter kick

They ran the punter out there once in the first half!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

shirts and skins posted:

I remember feeling like this too

Omae wa mou shindeiru

Whatever dude

Another key difference: the Chiefs actually fixed one of their lines this offseason (the OL). The Hawks never did that.

Also what deal with the devil did the Ravens make because holy poo poo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Freaquency posted:

They ran the punter out there once in the first half!

And he immediately missed the kick. The injured kicker then made some kicks and had one blocked.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Shoulda fit that colt with a new shoe

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
That OT winning drive was the surest thing since the Falcons/Patriots SB OT. Even I thought so!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's just some weird balancing thing from getting all the injuries we've had. So now we get these insane comebacks.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Yeah, uncharacteristically poor decision making by Reich, leaning so hard on an injured kicker.

It was that or bet on Wentz

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
if the Ravens trade for an actual inside linebacker and bench the absolute worst tackler in history and then actually have a defense they could be 'for real' but they won't win every shoot out and they won't get lucky every time.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Asema posted:

if the Ravens trade for an actual inside linebacker and bench the absolute worst tackler in history and then actually have a defense they could be 'for real' but they won't win every shoot out and they won't get lucky every time.

Rob Ryan still the ILB coach. We basically need a top 5 ILB to overcome that.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Asema posted:

Sounds like you need tackling machine Daniel Sorensen

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg posted:

Is Gruden Gone Yet hasn't been updated yet. I don't know who to believe...

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

hoooly poo poo. I'm not sure which game was crazier to go to between this and vs. Chiefs, but this one felt more out of reach. amazing win, Lamar is god, pay him whatever who cares

also this game was a nice preview to Nick Chubb putting up like 200 yards on them in the same outside zone run game

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

And he immediately missed the kick. The injured kicker then made some kicks and had one blocked.

I mean I hear ya, but you look at him after the game and that’s a broken man. It’ll really suck if a promising young kicker is ruined because he was put in a rough situation like that.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Whatever dude

Another key difference: the Chiefs actually fixed one of their lines this offseason (the OL). The Hawks never did that.

The Hawks' o line is perfectly fine, and largely has been since they got Duane Brown. Their problem is poor scheme and having to play more and more replacement-level players at important positions because they did things like take an injury-prone RB in the first round (if that sounds familiar). Win-now swings like trading for Frank Clark aren't good for building long term depth, and all of a sudden you're a key injury or two away from a wild card exit.

As you say, I'm sure the Chiefs will be different though! We'll revisit in a year or two.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Well colts fans good thing we extended this staff wouldn’t want another team making them a better offer, huha

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Papes posted:

Josh Gordon to be a reliable

:thunk:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Don't worry he's under the watchful eye of Andy Reid.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/cjzero/status/1447767864094728193

lol

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

loving love Lamar

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

:unsmith:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I saw him kneeling in prayer every TD. I suppose that was for his grandma.

I'm not crying.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

oh drat, I noticed that too but I didn't know the context. also saw him just sitting on the bench alone after the game when people were finally leaving the field.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Good to know you can punch a pregnant woman and still play football tho