Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

Good to know you can punch a pregnant woman and still play football tho

Agreed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
If his grandma were smarter she wouldve died before one of the Cleveland games. Thanks for nothing!!!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Roll up to the funeral like BIG LOZZ

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

t a s t e posted:

lol

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

loving love Lamar

Still can't believe he hasn't been paid yet.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Kirios posted:

Still can't believe he hasn't been paid yet.

I mean he chose not to hire an agent whose job it is to get this sort of thing done. So thats kinda on him.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Was David Culley the problem with Lamar's passing this whole time lol

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Basically yeah. They're not going to get a deal done till after the season just because Lamar is busy with Football and doesn't have time to negotiate his own contract.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Chucktesla posted:

Was David Culley the problem with Lamar's passing this whole time lol

Didn't Lamar's passing magically start to become incredible after all the Colts cornerbacks and safeties died and they were playing practice squad players in the worst prevent defense I've ever seen? I feel like that is the best explanation. Not that he didn't look good but I mean that was like taking candy from a baby.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Play posted:

Didn't Lamar's passing magically start to become incredible after all the Colts cornerbacks and safeties died and they were playing practice squad players in the worst prevent defense I've ever seen? I feel like that is the best explanation. Not that he didn't look good but I mean that was like taking candy from a baby.

He's been really good so far this season lol it's not just the one game

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Play posted:

It seemed like they really wanted to get it going on the ground in the first half and it just wasn't happening. Lamar had some missed throws but they didn't do much throwing in the first place - I count three incompletions.

The second half was a completely different game. I just counted up the plays - out of the Ravens ran 45 offensive plays in the second half of the game, they ran it 5 times.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
N

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Gribble/status/1447966894162595842

v:
:schotty:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Play posted:

I mean Im sure it helped...but so what? People talk like all the best QBs ever dont rack up the bulk of their stats against middling and dog poo poo defenses. Youd think these guys just played against the 2000 Miami Dolphins every single week

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

I mean Im sure it helped...but so what? People talk like all the best QBs ever dont rack up the bulk of their stats against middling and dog poo poo defenses. Youd think these guys just played against the 2000 Miami Dolphins every single week

I'm not making a comment on Lamar's passing, in fact I feel like usually he doesn't get enough credit for it and the rest of the team doesn't do enough of their part to make it as successful as it could be. Too many drops. Lamar is a way better passer than people like to make out.

Just noting that in this particular game... I don't think I've ever seen easier drives. It was uncanny to be honest, like he could throw to three different guys on the same play and all of them would be completions for good yards. Mainly I was just frustrated with the Colts because I felt like that prevent was absolutely loving hopeless, just an invitation to effortlessly drive down the field and score quick.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
But that's what Lamar does. His ability to run forces the defense to pay attention there which limits what they can do otherwise. It seemed like after the 1st Hollywood TD the Colts were content to take away the deep ball and make Lamar earn everything underneath and outside, which he did.

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Oct 12, 2021

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

lamar forces the defense to pay attention

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It's hard to do. We know from the positive drug tests how many of these guys have ADD.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Play posted:

It's been all year and he even had a very good first half even though Greg Roman stuck with the run that wasn't working too long. Yeah injures played a huge point in the second half of that game but he only had six incompletions with 40+ attempts.

Just like how you have to beat the teams on your schedule, you also have to make the throws.

Right before the fumble Lamar had in the 3rd it really made me a bit angry at the poo poo announcing where after Lamar went 6/6 on the drive to march the Ravens down the field he threw too far ahead of Brown in the end zone for like his third incompletion of the game and the announcer was "he's had accuracy issues all night and he needs to make that throw" (which of course, no poo poo, but the next play was the fumble lmao)

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Asema posted:

Right before the fumble Lamar had in the 3rd it really made me a bit angry at the poo poo announcing where after Lamar went 6/6 on the drive to march the Ravens down the field he threw too far ahead of Brown in the end zone for like his third incompletion of the game and the announcer was "he's had accuracy issues all night and he needs to make that throw" (which of course, no poo poo, but the next play was the fumble lmao)

Yeah I noticed that too and its like a microcosm f the coverage of him his whole career. Youd think no other QB in the league ever missed a pass they should have made, overthrew a guy downfield, didnt see an open receiver, or threw a pick. Its ridiculous.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

he was 8/11 in the first half but the incompletions were on 3rd down so they loomed large

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Asema posted:

It's been all year and he even had a very good first half even though Greg Roman stuck with the run that wasn't working too long. Yeah injures played a huge point in the second half of that game but he only had six incompletions with 40+ attempts.

Just like how you have to beat the teams on your schedule, you also have to make the throws.

The MNF announcers are absolute garbage and I can’t wait for ManningCast to come back and save us all

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Kawalimus posted:

I mean he chose not to hire an agent whose job it is to get this sort of thing done. So thats kinda on him.

Look he's just weighing his options, doing his own research, and deciding on what's best for his own personal choices.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Freaquency posted:

The MNF announcers are absolute garbage and I can’t wait for ManningCast to come back and save us all

On that redzone possession he missed Brown completely uncovered for a walk in TD and two plays later threw the ball in the dirt a few yards in front of an open Brown. Hardly unfair to critique him a bit.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

On that redzone possession he missed Brown completely uncovered for a walk in TD and two plays later threw the ball in the dirt a few yards in front of an open Brown. Hardly unfair to critique him a bit.

Critique is fair but to say he’s had accuracy issues when he’s missed two throws all night up to that point is pretty awful announcing

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah itd be totally fair to say something like "a top QB cant be missing open receivers on third down like this"

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I still like CEH but I remember thinking he was a slower, less quick Sproles and not a good pick

One of the few football predictions I have actually been right on.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

*leans near mic* Lamar can throw

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/PSchrags/status/1447892991860002821

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Pay the man

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

bears in dead last at 1200 total yards, 109 behind miami

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

t a s t e posted:

lol

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

If he could Geno Smith would eat you and your entire family. Don't trust him.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

mastershakeman posted:

bears in dead last at 1200 total yards, 109 behind miami

Yet the Bears Win Games playing Exotic Bears Football

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Barudak posted:

Yet the Bears Win Games playing Exotic Bears Football

Turnover on Bear Down

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears have decided to use justin fields like a rookie Kyle Orton

Play
Apr 25, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

the bears have decided to use justin fields like a rookie Kyle Orton

it also reminds me a lot of Trubisky's rookie season with John Fox. And every season after that, to be fair.

The more things change, the more they stay the same

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

It owns so much that the Bills just walked into Arrowhead and blew the doors off against the team that beat them in the AFC championship the previous year.

Feels like a good rivalry is brewing between Bills/Chiefs/Ravens atm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

LightReaper posted:

Feels like a good rivalry is brewing between Bills/Chiefs/Ravens atm

I've hated playing the Bills for about as long as I've had an account here. Weird scheduling stuff made it so we played each other every year there for a while.

2016, 2018 & 19 are they only years they didn't play since 2008. And the games almost always sucked one way or another and weren't fun for either of us. At least the Bills are happy this time around.