Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

So it's october, what a month. A big howdy to our friends on the other side who are going into summer, good luck! Well, we're just finally cooling off, and I thought many of us see various trees in our day-to-day. Who doesn't love a spooky october tree. Pics and stories welcome. If you see a spooky tree post one! If you saw a spooky tree, let us hear about it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

there's just something about a deciduous tree at night, and that isn't to say conifers aren't wonderful

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the worst part about living in FL is that I never get to experience this

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

well, after the extremely large population of insane people, the governor who wants us all to die, and the constant oppressive humidity. but the lack of autumn is definitely up there too.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Bad Purchase posted:

the worst part about living in FL is that I never get to experience this

you're so wrong you got all kindsa cool swamp trees! surely you'll see something!

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

This is so weird, is it one of those machine learning AI-generated pictures? Like I thought just the central green vegetable looking thing with the arms was weird enough, but then if you look closer, what I took to be the regular human fingers holding the thing are messed up too, like they don't add up to an actual hand holding something, but more like a computer's approximation, like that program that hid dogs in everything.

Gives me the creeps for sure, so fits right into the thread imo!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
It's weed.

There is no hand there. You're just high.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

hell astro course posted:

you're so wrong you got all kindsa cool swamp trees! surely you'll see something!

This is true, although the swamps are drained where people live so you have to drive a bit to find one. But there are several dead trees around the neighborhood that were killed by Hurricane Matthew and Irma 3 or 4 years ago but haven't fallen or been cut down yet, and I guess they look like spooky autumn trees all year long.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Trees that have butts are people who were buried alive and are trying to escape

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

tiny man nuggs

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Chief McHeath posted:

Look at this tree’s huge balls!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

So it's october, what a month. A big howdy to our friends on the other side who are going into summer, good luck! Well, we're just finally cooling off, and I thought many of us see various trees in our day-to-day. Who doesn't love a spooky october tree. Pics and stories welcome. If you see a spooky tree post one! If you saw a spooky tree, let us hear about it!

https://www.kwtx.com/2021/06/09/woman-found-dead-under-tree-local-neighborhood-identified/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/2183589/the-chilling-unsolved-murder-of-a-woman-whose-body-was-found-stuffed-inside-a-tree/

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

:eyepop:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Some people put ropes on tree branches that encourage people to swing on them.

The Bear Cave was within a tree branch system we used to hang out shoot the the poo poo.

A rope appeared one day on one of the branches.

Everyone who got the guts in this gang got to swing.

I used to just truffle along by myself and decided to swing, I broke the rope and landed on my back.

Thank you detritus of trees.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

these live, or perhaps died (tough to know sometimes with trees) in a mid-continental endangered salt marsh, they're usually like this except for in the summer. I don't know what they know.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
They know cow pastures and endless woods with mounds upon mounds.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

Zeluth posted:

They know cow pastures and endless woods with mounds upon mounds.

that's a mushroom not a tree ... and you better believe mushrooms are welcome. 😈

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This spooky tree is in my local park, its Spring here and it has rainbow lorikeets on it which are not very spooky but it still has vibes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

this thread makes me hear crows in my mind

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Chief McHeath posted:

In an era before born and even print magazines, people masturbated to these things

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

i am groo...heh..heh..he.. i am groovy

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe
Can it be a tree grown in a houseplant pot? I have a scary tree I call my murder tree because it's covered in two inch spikes. I usually buy led wire lights and decorate it for Xmas!

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

deadeyez posted:

Can it be a tree grown in a houseplant pot? I have a scary tree I call my murder tree because it's covered in two inch spikes. I usually buy led wire lights and decorate it for Xmas!

yeah. I think its called bonsai

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

deadeyez posted:

I hope to see your tiny frightening tree. No pressure though. 😁

deadeyez
Jan 31, 2015

Fun Shoe

These are my two large pachypodium llamerei. I have no idea if I spelled them properly. I'll come back with a better picture when the sun is out, because these loving hurt and I am not going to carry them in the dark. The tally one is probably at least three feet tall now.

Edit, here is a slightly less lovely picture of one of them, and image brackets. The spikes are two inches at the longest and not flexible at all and will totally get stuck and break off inside your hand

deadeyez fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Oct 10, 2021

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

deadeyez posted:

These are my two large pachypodium llamerei. I have no idea if I spelled them properly. I'll come back with a better picture when the sun is out, because these loving hurt and I am not going to carry them in the dark. The tally one is probably at least three feet tall now.

Edit, here is a slightly less lovely picture of one of them, and image brackets. The spikes are two inches at the longest and not flexible at all and will totally get stuck and break off inside your hand

The blurry night shot adds to the over-all spooky level. You got some spooky trees right there. I wonder what they know.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I wonder what they know.

You can make a canew out of them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1-I97_Y6TU

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Okay, I might have taken this pic months ago at the height of summer but it's a lone tree in the middle of a field. That means it's a fairy tree. Some wee folk probably took one of those sheep for supper. Spooky.

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Cant get a better shot on Google Streetview, some may know where this is, but theres a couple of trees and one big one that are creepy as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

Off the back porch