Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Google tells me this is how people found it last month. I hope they got what they were looking for:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I used to read Planet Half Life when Fragmaster was the editor because I am an old man

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Google tells me this is how people found it last month. I hope they got what they were looking for:

it defiantly was because my vagina was a car

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Some door to door missionaries showed it to me

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000
Link from Scary’s Shuga Shack.

Baxter fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Oct 9, 2021

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
My SO who was just a friend at the time, said i should check out this site and pay a stranger money to post here.

I am in love with this person still. Its very dubious.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i got shanghaied

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
some kids in the library computer room in middle school showed me this site right before 9/11 =]

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

MrQwerty posted:

I used to read Planet Half Life when Fragmaster was the editor because I am an old man

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Chinatown posted:

some kids in the library computer room in middle school showed me this site right before 9/11 =]

this, but i was in college for 9/11

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

When I visit the Something Awful forums I enjoy using the archive and the dark mode features. There's also some other cool stuff that they're known for.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Some fat jerk made me do it!

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
as a kid I used to play around in public neverwinter nights 2 servers and I met someone there that would link me to front page articles, eventually I found the forums and started lurking, then signed up when I got my first debit card

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

A link from the B3ta newsletter where a guy wrote a funny song about wanting to gently caress Keira Knightley and another guy actually sung it and played piano, i was 14 and found it hilarious.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm pretty sure I followed a link from newgrounds way, way back, came in and out a bunch, then ended up sticking around because of weekend web.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
That ebaumsworld song.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I'm pretty sure I followed a link from newgrounds way, way back, came in and out a bunch, then ended up sticking around because of weekend web.

2009? that was a long path

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

on a local pony play webring from 1996. ted if youre reading this i still want my loving bits back!

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
There was a World War One half life 1 mod called the Trenches, there was a 3d modeler called "Terminus" who pointed me over here back in the early 2000's, lurked for a few years then registered.

A For Effort
Apr 29, 2017

by Azathoth

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Who were ya on NG?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Link from the Penny Arcade forums. Not proud, but it's the truth.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I was gifted a forum subscription from a friend who has since dropped off the face of the Earth.

After having lurked for 7 years

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Someone on the Penny Arcade forums had a gif signature of Owen Hart falling done in a SNES polygon style that linked here.

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

A link of the left side of fark.com.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Tokelau All Star posted:

A link of the left side of fark.com.

yeah, this. sucks for me

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Edgar posted:

There was a World War One half life 1 mod called the Trenches, there was a 3d modeler called "Terminus" who pointed me over here back in the early 2000's, lurked for a few years then registered.
I played this mod a bit - it was silly but not as silly as Battle Grounds.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

I think I read the front page a lot after I got tired of fark, and then one day I stumbled across a video of Lowtax talking about the rear end parrot mail list. At the beginning of the video he mentioned that some people didn't know there were forums, and I was like, "wait, there are forums?"

runnypoops
Mar 26, 2016

been there. done that. prove yourself to me.
I honestly don’t remember. Im assuming like most trauma I’m suppressing it

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i got here trying to figure out what kind of truck my dick would be

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
I started lurking around the start of High School back in like 2011-12-ish through discovering it through the Let's Play Archive
The Let's Play Archive I had discovered a bit prior through TV Tropes
And TV Tropes I had discovered back in 2010 in Middle School when I was listening to songs from the Earthworm Jim 2 soundtrack on repeat on Youtube

unrelated (or I guess tangentially related given that SA led me to discovering tumblr through homestuck liveblogs) but spending your high school years on Tumblr and 4chan at the same time is a helluva experience

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
an older boy told me to do it

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

runnypoops posted:

I honestly don’t remember. Im assuming like most trauma I’m suppressing it

I don't remember when I found it, but I do remember why I kept reading it. Before Let's Play, there was a Tie Fighter thread. I thought it was funny as hell.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

oldmanmurray or maybe something else on poe

Brain Curry fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 9, 2021

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Travellers would come to the land of Fark, and tell tall tales of the fantastic lands of Something Awful. Sometimes there were held exciting contests and tourneys of Photoshop between the two nations. I started awaiting the arrival of these travellers, eager to learn of this exotic place. Eventually I scraped together enough :10bux: coin to board a ship destined for that far away land, and found a new home in the verdant cyan and lilac fields of BYOB. I never returned to Fark.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

My brother showed me Photoshop Phriday or something sometime in 2000. Then in high school when there was free time on computers I showed it to my friends and we used to read Cliff Yablonski in class. Then circa 2004-ish I took a graphic design class and showed it to a kid in there and he stole his mom's credit card to buy us accounts. Then after I got banned because the credit card was stolen I bought myself an account after getting my first job

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
I have absolutely no idea. I turned on the internet, and, whoops, here it was.

I think I came for the articles, though. I read the front page, the "pranks", and various other things long before I came to the forum. Probably someone linked one of them somewhere and I saw it.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's weird to think that there are children reading the forums when they read slenderman wikipedia pages and click a daisy chain of links back to the sa forums thread where it all started

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Digamma-F-Wau posted:

unrelated (or I guess tangentially related given that SA led me to discovering tumblr through homestuck liveblogs) but spending your high school years on Tumblr and 4chan at the same time is a helluva experience

add deviantart and same for me

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

A banner ad on csnation.net.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Bismuth posted:

add deviantart and same for me

I too was lurking DA during my highschool years