Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
And pastors shouldn't tell their parish how to vote but they do it anyway

maybe if they could lose their tax exemption status, that would own

let's add ways for police to lose qualified immunity while we're at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

The Voice of Labor posted:

1 down, 17999 and all the prisons to go

except they would totally leave tons of prisoners to die

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Al! posted:

at this point im thinking the only way to stop cop city would be to make the grounds unsuitable to build on but i have no idea how youd make that happen

kudzu? magpies? bees?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

lol remember when Trump just gutted the migratory bird act? he was like gently caress all birds if they're inconvenient to business in any way

what a character

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

we are hating the pigs for hating birds

we like the birds :colbert:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

lol remember that cop that skipped debriefing on an undercover bust then shot his undercover cop friend like 8 times? then acted upset and needed soothing for the terrible thing HE had done? good times

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

maybe, but I'd like to think because his face was so prominent in the video that EVERYONE saw, that it might be harder for him to completely fade into obscurity

though as we goons can confirm, face blindness in general is a thing, but some folks are absolutely terrible with races other than their own about it

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Coolness Averted posted:

Did you know some places have "blue alerts" for when cops get ouchies? It also seems to bypass if you've specifically disabled the sound notifications for emergency alerts.
I'm in Houston for a work convention and got a notification to be on the look out for a person connected to an officer involved shooting.
lmao cops are so loving soft

yeah I got that same alert up here in DFW and I was like gently caress off I'm listening to a podcast while I build this IKEA bookcase, nobody cares

dude will be Swiss cheese within a day no matter what I do or don't do, gently caress pigs

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

DR FRASIER KRANG posted:

oh lol so this guy was all gunned up and ready to go do a mass murder when a completely unrelated traffic incident attracted a few cops to where he was parked so he freaked and started blasting.

I guess that's better than him actually getting to the city center to do his bullshit. he's like one step beyond that George Costanza looking dude who got iced by the courthouse by a security guard (then pissed himself while dying).

at first I was like wtf that guy didn't look like George but then I remembered the photoshops :lmao:

that was in Dallas at the Earl Cable federal courthouse, I had jury duty there a few years before that happened

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Proust Malone posted:

the city that elected the first gay councilor also had that same guy murdered by a cop. welcome to
California.

and Diane Feinstein was the one who found the body iirc

she also got critical info from the police about the night stalker's very particular shoes tying him to every crime scene and decided it was prudent to broadcast all of that information to the town, and Ramirez ditched the shoes. thanks, Diane

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Armacham posted:

This loving goober

oh god i just remembered he bought a "tactical sword" and wore it to his failed killing spree :lmao:

you can see the scabbard, it looks like it's sticking out of his rear end

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Huragok posted:

Not just a sword, a Gladius!

quote:

The Gladius Machete features the classic guard and ball shaped pommel of years gone by, but with the added strength and durability found with full-tang construction and modern materials. We use high-impact Polypropylene for our handle, making it almost impervious to the elements and rugged beyond belief

it sure looks like any cheap as gently caress plastic, but hey whatever you say, weirdo sword making company

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Harold Fjord posted:

It had not.

:nws: :nms: below article embeds bodycam footage of a person being killed
https://www.dispatch.com /story/news/local/2023/09/01/blendon-township-release-takiya-young-shooting-body-camera-footage-columbus-ohio-police/70730135007/

speng edit: if you link to articles that embed bodycam footage of people being killed be sure to include some kind of nms/nws warning

TLDR

Pregnant black woman gets in her car.

Someone says to a cop "i think she stole liquor"

Cop steps in front of her car, draws.

She steers away and starts to drive.

Cop murders her as soon as her vehicle begins moving.

article provides such interesting details :thunk:

emphasis mine

quote:

Young partially rolls down the window and twice says "For what?" with a large tote bag over her left shoulder, which seems to block her stomach from view of the officer. The second officer approaches the front of Young's vehicle as the first officer continues to tell her to get out of the car.

"I'm not going to do that," Young says.

The officer in front of Young's car has his left hand on the hood of Young's vehicle as Young can be seen turning the steering wheel. The officer has his firearm drawn in his right hand.

The video shows Young's vehicle moving forward, hitting the officer who was in front of the car, at which point the officer fires a single shot through the windshield. Young's vehicle continues moving forward until it hits the building.

At one point, shortly before the shot is fired, Young can be heard saying, "Are you going to shoot me?"

Officers are seen on the video running after Young's vehicle and immediately breaking Young's driver's side window to get her out after it hits the side of the building.

Blendon Township Chief John Belford said in a statement Friday that within 10 seconds of getting Young out of her vehicle, officers called for paramedics; within 70 seconds, officers were treating Young's chest wound; and within 90 seconds, an emergency room doctor, who was in the parking lot at the time, began helping police treat her.

Blendon Township not naming officers involved, citing Marsy's Law, calling them victims of assault

Blendon Township has not named either officer, citing Marsy's Law, which aims to protect crime victims but has been cited by police agencies as the reason they can't release the names of officers involved in such situations.

Young's family, in a statement released Friday, identified the officer as Connor Grubb, who has been with Blendon Township since 2019, according to Ohio Peace Officer Training Commission records. Blendon Township said Friday they would not confirm the officer's identity.

In a statement on Friday, the department said the first officer, who did not fire his weapon, had his arm and hand inside the driver's window when Young accelerated, making him a victim of misdemeanor assault. The second officer, who fired his weapon, was hit by the vehicle and a victim of attempted vehicular assault, the statement said

we totally didn't know she was pregnant, we tried really hard to help her recover from the fatal wound we gave her, and hell there was an ER doctor that happened to be there who helped, there was nothing that could be done though, we aim to kill and boy howdy do we kill, right? but we had to..

she totally committed assault on us because we got in the way of her car making her do so, we had no choice guys

what do you mean we could have just let her leave, taken her license plate down, and just issued warrants for petty theft and running from police? that sounds pretty gay, and I don't get paid leave for that

Somebody has issued a correction as of 17:56 on Sep 2, 2023

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

are there any Republican fans of Harry Potter, I bet they HATE being called chudbloods

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

the way he goes to check his body camera after, WHOOPS

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

KomradeX posted:

Sonwhat happens in the video?

cop is on the phone about a pedestrian who got hit and killed by a car, I assume a cop car or other city employee vehicle based on the follow up comments

after saying she is dead he busts out laughing, then he says to cut a check for 11k because she was only 26 and didn't have much value

then he checks his body cam and turns it off

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

what about the part where he discredits a witness who says the woman was in a crosswalk when she got hit? He's just mocking the ridiculousness of victim blaming?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

oh NO

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

hey nobody said it had to be a positive difference

*ventilates an innocent*

makin' a difference! :911: :dumb:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

just thinking about that no-knock warrant SWAT team (or whatever the gently caress) that threw a flashbang into a baby's crib

not even sure they were at the right house either

also any time they shoot a dog in a crate because it won't shut up about the gang of armed intruders, and that's inconvenient to the cops

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

after reading this from the article above

quote:

Separately, Chauvin in December 2021 pleaded guilty in federal court to charges that he violated Floyd's civil rights. Chauvin on Nov. 13 filed a motion seeking to overturn that conviction based on what he claims is new evidence showing that Floyd's death resulted from an underlying medical condition.

maybe he just had an underlying medical condition that makes him prone to stab wounds

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/22/us/elijah-mcclain-paramedics-trial-verdict/index.html

holy poo poo this paramedic definitely deserves to be in jail

quote:

During testimony, Cichuniec and Cooper said they estimated McClain to have weighed 200 pounds and gave a 500-milligram dose to McClain, who weighed only 143 pounds. Cichuniec testified the only treatment was to administer ketamine to McClain, who he said was experiencing “excited delirium.”

Cichuniec said Cooper eventually administered the ketamine to McClain’s right deltoid.

During cross-examination by prosecutors, Cichuniec agreed the correct dosage for his estimation of McClain’s body weight should have been 425 milligrams, but he rounded up to 500 milligrams because McClain was exhibiting extra agitation.

Prosecutors then showed the court there was nothing in Cichuniec’s previous ketamine training stating increased dosage should be administered because of higher levels of agitation in a patient. In its cross-examination, prosecutors also showed Cooper his previous ketamine training included warnings of increased side effects and risks, including respiratory depression, if an overdose of ketamine was given.

Senior Assistant Attorney General Jason Slothouber also questioned Cooper about why, as heard on bodycam video of the incident shown in court, he never asked questions to McClain about his name, his weight, or his condition.

Tenkaris has issued a correction as of 17:34 on Dec 23, 2023

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

gonna take a controversial stance and say that %100 of the blame for elijah's death is attributable to the cops and none of it is attributable to the paramedics the coward cops called in to do their murdering for them

I mean yes the cops called them in and I want them jailed too but read the quote, dude overestimated weight by 1/3rd and then "rounded up" from 425 to 500 on the dosage for no reason, that's not anything close to a reasonable protocol

100% of the blame is just a ridiculous thing to say lol

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

the job and training for paramedics is to heal people, not subdue and murder them.

sometimes healing involves subduing, and I want anyone with that potentially included in their job description to be held accountable when they are reckless when administering drugs and cause harm or death

and I'm not sorry or crazy for feeling that way

but go off about plumbers or whatever

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

https://www.cnn.com/2024/02/05/us/colorado-aurora-settlement-stolen-vehicle-mixup/index.html

quote:

In August 2020, Brittney Gilliam was taking her 6-year-old daughter, 17-year-old sister and 14- and 12-year-old nieces to get their nails done when Aurora police officers stopped them in a parking lot and ordered them at gunpoint to get out of their vehicle.

[...]

At the time of the incident, police said there was confusion over the license plate as there was a stolen motorcycle with the same plate information, but it was from a different state.

Boy these five black girls in a car sure looks like the stolen motorcycle we are looking for.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

LIterallyABikeshop posted:

all this is kind of burying the fact that there was a dude in the car handcuffed and they executed him because they thought an acorn was a gunshot

I think the guy lived because they failed to actually hit him but the intent was there, sure

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

lol "he fell because the railing was too short!" :qq:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

they're going to be spending all their time in the protective custody unit I'm guessing?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

what a picture to go with that statement

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

spacetoaster posted:

So my city decided to put cops in the schools, now high school kids are getting felonies for THC vapes.

The admins are just handing kids over to the cops for everything because they (the cops) have an office there now.

Getting caught smoking a joint in the high school bathroom is a misdemeanor. But if it's a vape? gently caress you kids, you're all felons now (and expelled).

what state is this? I need to look up where vapes are still felonies. I know it was that way in Texas at one point "manufactured" product or something like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Lugubrious posted:

It's an interesting case, because having lived in the town this (and the acorn cop, just a mile or so down the road!) happened in, it's hard to say if they love cops or OUR BRAVE TROOPS more.

Though considering the victim's skin color, I have a sinking feeling you're probably right.

they pay more lip service to ARE TROOPS but they love cops more because they think the big cities are war zones because they watch Fox News so cops are fighting on the home front

also could just take a look at how we pay people in the military and how they can actually see major consequences for bad things they do while in the service. Compare that to cop salaries, union protection, pensions, qualified immunity, and budgets.

Tenkaris has issued a correction as of 05:41 on May 10, 2024