Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Artix posted:

I didn't say it was going to stop me! Although I feel there is a little bit of difference between "not LPing a game because it's already been done" and "not LPing a game because another thread is definitely going to cover the same ground, but in a way that would arguably ruin it for the other guy". :v:

Nothing wrong with having two dueling LPs of why the game is good/bad.

I did enjoy Berseria though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Eh. Whether Laphicet went along with Arthur is largely irrelevant because he's just a kid and Arthur is his guardian. He's a bright kid, sure, but he doesn't have the majority to make an informed decision to sacrifice himself for the Greater Good or whatever crap Arthur fed him.

Then again, its not like Arthur cares about his subordinates.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Zestiria feels very... Calvinist for lack of a better term. Here is Sorey. He is cool and chosen by God despite being the boring anime teen protagonist much like the Seraphim.

This is you. You got mad because you got passed over for promotion in favor of the boss' son, and you're angry about it because he's a known moron, so you get mutated into a demon.

I really don't like Zestiria, so i might not be fair, but its telling that Berseria seems to go back and retcon malevolence as basically bullshit.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Hoo boy Zaveid's deal with killing people gets...interesting, I'll say that much.