Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Titty Puker
Nov 3, 2007
Soiled Meat
God drat it I'm an idiot. All I needed to do was press and hold the power button long enuf & then press and hold F2, and press the power on button.

Problem description:
Huawei Matebook X Pro laptop with dual boot KDE Neon and Windows 10. I haven't used Windows 10 for a week or so. While shutting down Windows attempts to do a major update and it's been stuck on the update screen ("Configuring update for Windows 10 / 57% complete / Do not turn off your computer") for more than 16 hours.

Attempted fixes:
I have tried to power it off by pressing and holding the power button, it apparently goes into sleep mode. As soon as I touch any key it brings up the Configuring Update screen again. Ctrl-Alt-Delete doesn't do anything.

I've tried powering it off and on while holding down the F2 key to get to the BIOS screen, same result.

Recent changes:
I haven't made any recent changes.

--
Operating system:
Windows 10 home edition. I don't know the exact version and can't check it b/c it's hung.

System specs:
Huawei Matebook X Pro

The S/N is EHUBB18A11000287, and there's a "Nvidia GEForce" sticker on the laptop.
The hard disk is a 512 GB SSD; I don't remember the size of the Windows partition.

I bought the laptop in 2018. I don't remember if it's a i7 or i5 laptop and if it's got 8GB or 16GB of memory. The user guide and quick start guide that I have doesn't include the specifications info.

I have Googled and read the FAQ:
Yes

Bad Titty Puker fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Oct 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU