Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
https://mobile.twitter.com/KySportsRadio/status/1447031969259327491?ref_src=twsrc%5Etwitterkit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Talking to my dad after the win last night and I realized that he had never seen a 6-0 Kentucky team before now either. That 1950 team only had one loss (:argh: Tennessee), won the SEC, and beat Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl.

I have no delusions about beating Georgia on the road. The offense did finally show some signs of life again last night, which is encouraging moving forward. I'll be happy if they score an offensive touchdown, that seems to be quite the feat to accomplish against Georgia this year. The question is can the defense keep doing what they've been doing on the road.

Here's a question, would GameDay go back to Athens after being there 2 weeks ago? This should be another top 10 matchup, but they just passed on one this week because they were at Iowa recently. Looking at the schedule I'm not sure if there's much more out there all that appealing.

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

Woo let's go!

Now put us in the top 10 you AP cowards

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Kentucky last beat LSU in 2007, who was #1 at the time. Kentucky just beat LSU, and plays #1 next. Maybe it's meant to be. :thunk:

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak
Octavious Oxendine earns SEC co defensive player of the week honors despite finishing the game on crutches. He's out for the rest of the season with a torn meniscus. Marquon McCall is also out against Georgia still. Silver lining is that D line is probably the deepest position besides running back.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

No one really thinks Kentucky will hang with Georgia do they? Do they?

No. My only hope is they can put up a better showing than Arkansas or Auburn did, at least cover the spread. At least there is a bye afterwards. In 2018 when they played Georgia for the East, they not only lost but came out flat against Tennessee the next week in a game on paper they should have won that year, and cost themselves a new year's 6 bowl. This year they get two weeks before going back on the road to cowbell hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAlmightyFrog
Oct 7, 2007

squeeeak

KKKLIP ART posted:

Wasn’t that game also during a monsoon or something?

That's the one. I believe it was tied scoreless at halftime, but Georgia pulled away in the 2nd half. Kentucky just had an incredible pass defense that year overall.