Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Asproigerosis posted:

Of course it had to be clown rear end aggie they are just the worst fan base the whole rotc thing is gross.

:balldo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’m about done giving LSU the benefit of the doubt; I think they’re headed for 6-6

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If Kentucky wins, don’t you have to rank them #1 in the nation?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

If the o-line and Calzada are truly, magically fixed, it’s not impossible the Aggies run the table (a la 2012) and Bama picks up another loss somewhere. I don’t believe that’s going to happen, but it’s not outside the realm of possibility.

Aggies fortunately get Mizzou, South Carolina, and a bye over the next three weeks, which gives a bit more time to fully work out the kinks before Ole Miss and Auburn come around.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Oct 10, 2021

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

So checking the schedule, looks like undefeated Michigan vs undefeated Michigan State on 10/30 is likely? They only have Northwestern and Indiana, respectively, between then and now.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

TipTow posted:

Anyone want a slightly-used 5* QB? No warranty, condition as-is.

I’m sure teams will line up to take a number on Rattler, but if he’s underwhelmed at OU three years in (with the understanding that he’s only underwhelmed in a relative sense, and that the bar is ridiculously high), I’m a bit skeptical that he’s going to make a big impact somewhere else as a one-and-done on the P5 level. Seems like the closest analogue is Jeremiah Masoli’s one-off year at Ole Miss.

Edit: I wish this bug with apostrophes on the iOS app would get fixed.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 10, 2021

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I kind of think OSU has about worked out the kinks and may be the second best team in the country right at this moment. We won’t really know for sure until pretty late in the season, but that’s my suspicion.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

There is none righteous, no not one.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I’ve taken a peek at the script for this season, and it looks like Nebraska finally breaks through with a win over undefeated Iowa.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

What, like Kentucky?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

Thicc Forest

The Demon Donks

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don’t think they’re going to beat Tech.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Metapod posted:

Correct they beat Boise decisively

Wasn’t it like 22-21? A win in Boise is pretty good regardless though.

Anyway they’re pretty good; we’ll know a bit more when they play Texas.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

Do we think Bedlam keeps going on once OU goes to the SEC?

I mean on OU's side definitely yes, not sure on Oklahoma State's side because I'd be begging out of that situation if I had a choice.

That’s not really how it works; the rivalry with OU is a pretty big prestige thing for Oklahoma State, even if they lose almost all the time. Their incentive to keep it going will be very high in a diminished Big 12.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Godzilla07 posted:

It brings me no pleasure to root for THE BUCKS but they're the only team this year with an elite offense that can make life uncomfortable for Georgia

https://twitter.com/JBudDavis/status/1448284461343334401?s=20

This has all the FBS independents; where’s UConn hiding? Underneath UMass? I see Vandy and New Mexico State stacked on top of each other.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Tag yourself, I’m Liberty with equal defense and slightly better offense than Bama

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Alaois posted:

has anyone found cinci on that chart because i've been trying for like 5 minutes and can't

They’re not on there, it’s just P5 + FBS Independents (all of them, not just Notre Dame)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

PostNouveau posted:

I will fully admit there is nothing special about Chuy's, but still for some reason I think of it as quintessential "garbage Tex-Mex".

The pulled chicken that goes in their stacked enchiladas puts it a tier above replacement-level Tex-Mex for me. There’s a bit of New Mexican food DNA in there. That and the chips and salsa and that ranch stuff are good.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Grittybeard posted:

New exonerated coach dropped?

https://twitter.com/jessenewell/status/1448724444701155332

I mean he was screwed over at every step of the way so I'm happy for him...just I don't know who's looking to pounce on this opportunity.

Not as a head coach, but he’s a good Texas recruiter

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Yeah that’s a fairly common policy

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don't know if anybody's been watching this year, but Thinking Out Loud on SECN is pretty great this year now that they've pared it down to just Spencer Hall and Richard Johnson and no moderator. Checked it out last year because of their involvement and it didn't do much for me, but it's really come into its own this year. It's about as close to TFF: The Show as you could get.

(This isn't astroturfing, I promise)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Kids, there’s no such thing as easy money

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I don’t think 2-loss Bama with no conference title gets in outside of extraordinary circumstance. A 1-loss Big 12 or PAC-12 champ, a 2-loss Big Ten champ (if it’s OSU) and yes, undefeated Cincy are all ahead of them in that scenario.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Good on Rolovich for going out with a couple of wins if tonight was indeed his last game.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

When The Aggies is a part of your identity, this looks like a win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

University of Texas at Austin - 4-3
UT-San Antonio + UT-El Paso - 13-1