Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Rocky top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blue Raider posted:

a faint glimmer of hope begins to shine on ol rocky top

Tennessee is a worse team talent-wise after a ton of attrition from last year but they’re a better team overall. The players actually seem to give a poo poo and play their asses off and Heupel is just such a better coach than Pruitt (which really may not being saying a whole lot). I didn’t have a ton of hope for him, I figured he’d be a decent coach, not screw anything up and get us through whatever sanctions, if any, are coming. The team looks better every week and I’m glad to see that he can actually make decisions like “oh this QB (Milton) sucks let’s try another guy”. After last year I wasn’t sure that was a thing you could do.

Tim Banks has also been surprising as DC. I thought our defense was going to be so much worse than it is. There’s still a ton of holes but he’s doing well with what he has.

Any before anyone jumps on this I’m not saying we’re gonna beat Bama or UGA and hell there might only be 2 wins left on our schedule but that means a bowl game and before the season started probably nobody thought that was gonna happen.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Soul Glo posted:

I absolutely see Tennessee upsetting Ole Miss or Kentucky or both.

This isn't the NFL where anyone can win any given game, but in the SEC when you can score, you can win.

If the University of Tennessee ends this season with a winning record, put up a fuckin' statue of Heup.

Well yeah for sure but I was just saying “guaranteed” wins in South Alabama and Vandy. We could go 4-2 but just as easily go 2-4. Going 8-4 on the year and beating two ranked teams would be a huge success, though.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

I honestly don’t know how y’all lost to this UF team.

Penalties, stupid mistakes, overthrown receivers, receivers dropping balls the game had it all!!

I think if we replay that game today Tennessee probably wins or it’s at least a lot closer. It really feels like a different team. There were 10 penalties in that game and they’ve committed 4 in the two games since.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know of a site that will let you look at a consolidated list of transfers (in and out) of a program? I know that some do transactions but I’d like to see total numbers - in this example who all/how many transferred out of UT balanced against who all transferred in.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I hope Iowa does good things if for no other reason than they gave the Bucs Tristan Wirfs

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/theSmokeyVol/status/1447544061720735745?s=20

:toot:

I loving love when we do this, the game is also sold out

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

The Kiffin hate will be strong this weekend.

Lol yeah hes been back before with Bama but him at HC is a whole other thing. It’s a night game too so that crowd is gonna be on tilt.

What is this feeling I’m experiencing? Is it excitement?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just lol can you imagine if we’d hired Gruden

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JaredDLee/status/1447667048117465090?s=20

I am so hype for UT Ole Miss to be a 100 point game that I just know I'm gonna be disappointed and it's gonna be like 13-7

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Those are all terrible comparisons

e: sorry the Ted/Richt one is pretty good

Saban being Rebecca is just offensive though

Joey Freshwater fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 13, 2021

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Gabe rules

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Godzilla07 posted:

It brings me no pleasure to root for THE BUCKS but they're the only team this year with an elite offense that can make life uncomfortable for Georgia

https://twitter.com/JBudDavis/status/1448284461343334401?s=20

I always feel like an idiot when these get posted because I never know how to read them. What does that mean for Tennessee and why does he love that group he's circled?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bird in a Blender posted:

Top right is good offense and defense. Bottom right is good offense, bad defense. Top Left is bad offense, good defense. Bottom left is bad both.

Tennessee has a really good offense and average defense. My guess as to why he loves that group of schools is because they probably have wildly different records, while all being very close to each other in EPA. That's all I can think of.

Awesome thank you.

“Tennessee has a really good offense and average defense” is definitely not something I expected to hear in TYOOL 2021

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Manoueverable posted:

Honestly, I think it's incredibly dumb how secretive teams are about injuries and depth chart stuff, doubly so if the team is not very good (shoutouts to my alma mater). You're really nearly as clever as you think you are and all it takes is the situation like at Oklahoma to make you look like a bunch of paranoid, vindictive pricks.

I get it, especially if it’s a QB and their backup has a different play style. You have to spend time planning for either or both so it can hamper practices and prep for the game.

If it’s a WR or DL yeah agreed I think it’s dumb

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/UCF_Football/status/1448005800815955971?s=20

These look rad as hell

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

D.N. Nation posted:

You've already got your answer, but worth noting given this weekend's game that 2019 Georgia/Kentucky had 52 combined passing yards, not a typo

Wasn’t it Kentucky for a few years that would have games of 2 passing yards but 300 rushing? I think there was even one where it was negative passing yards

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hobbesmaster posted:

Stoops’s teams have been putting up bizarre numbers like that, yes. Doubly bizarre for someone that grew up on the Hal Mumme years but wins don’t lie!

Not hating on it I love weird college poo poo like that, you’d never see that in the NFL

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Mike_V posted:

If you're looking for easy money, A&M is somehow only -9 against Mizzou.

Ole Miss is currently -1.5 against Tennessee. My Battered Vol Syndrome is telling me they’re gonna cover that.

I think it’ll be a fun high scoring game but I don’t think we win it.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

G-Hawk posted:

some of the stats/predictive models like tennessee straight up in that game. lines have moved heavily toward tennessee in the last 48 hours or so

I just read that it’s flipped to us

Rebs by 20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

EvilHawk posted:

I dunno if we're making a new thread or what but I am Mad and have Opinions

Mullen is done. He should have fired Grantham two years ago, he should have fired him in the offseason, and now he should fire him after every. single. game. The defence is consistent only in how bad they are.

Mullen himself should be fired for loving around with quarter backs and generally being loving awful at play calling. The poo poo before the half at Kentucky was fireable in and of itself. The poo poo he had AR doing this season should be fireable.

God drat am I loving pissed with this team.

Not comparing them because Mullen is obviously the better coach but Pruitt did this poo poo all the time and it drove me nuts. Never owned up to coaching mistakes and put it on the players and would call them out by name, it was ridiculous.