Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Thoughts an musings:
We were down 15 starters and still went in to Jordan Hare and won, even if the game was closer I'd still feel good about it. We were down like 6WRS and 2 rotational defensive players. One of our safeties (I think) ended up being a walk-on who then ended up leading the defense with 6 overall tackles. Wild. We were happy to give up yards but did an excellent job at bucking down when we absolutely had to.

Tank Bigsby is a grown-rear end-man. The Bo Nix experience is still confusing. I think one of the biggest things is every ball he throws is a million miles an hour, so WRs, TEs, and RBs were just dropping passes that could have helped Auburn make big plays.

Stetson is cool and gonna end up a legend in Athens with how he has filled in. Ladd Mconkey is a cool dude and probably was a diamond in the rough WR and I'm glad he is our madd ladd. Anyway, @ UGA against Kentucky next week for control of the East, who would have though that to be at all the way the season would go? It is like a baby 2007.

E: Also Harsin taking all the time outs with like, a minute on the clock down 22 points looks lame. Glad Kirby took a shot on 4th down and wish the WR kept track just so we could rub some more salt in the wound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

As much as I love unleashing the dragon, there is something to be said about old school toting the rock when they know it’s coming and just can’t stop it.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Henchman of Santa posted:

They probably wouldn't go back so soon but next week does look pretty rough. If UCF were a bit better I'd send them to Cincinnati.

When do they normally announce where Gameday is going? What else is a compelling matchup?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Coaches Poll Up:

1. Georgia
2. Iowa
3. Oklahoma
4. Cincinnati
5. Alabama
6. Ohio State
7. Michigan
8. Penn State
9. Michigan State
10. Oregon
11. Kentucky
12. Oklahoma State
13. Notre Dame
14. Ole Miss
15. Coastal Carolina
16. Wake Forest
17. Florida
18. Texas A&M
19. Arkansas
20. BYU
21. NC State
22. Arizona State
23. SMU
24. SDSU
25. Clemson

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

This is bullshit, Kentucky should be ahead of Alabama.

Should be top ten. I don’t know if Kentucky is better than Bama but should be higher.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Feel like an already good Kentucky team is going to be playing extra angry for the top 10 snub.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I’m a bit higher on Stetson than most. He has shown that he grew a lot from last year to this year. I’m not saying that he is the worlds best or anything, but they trust him enough to do more than manage a game. His deep balls are either dimes or under thrown, and sometimes he is a bit too trigger happy in tight coverage. But you look at him this season while JT has been out and it’s just worked. I don’t think there is a controversy but Stetson does add a bit more mobility while JT is better pushing things downfield.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

2007 didn't have a Georgia that was so much better than everyone else

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

It’ll never happen but lol if hat qb wins us a natty

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

In 2021, Georgia has been phenomenally well-coached given the slate of injuries, seems to have leaders all over the roster, and has a scheme that's worth a drat instead of RUN BAWL CUZ WE MANLY...and you'd figure that would make the team less inclined to get nerfed on one random Saturday a year as is tradition, but. I still can't help but feel the attrition on offense is going to catch up to them. Daniels is reportedly back by Florida, and might even be back this week, but seeing, believing. And the WR corps seem to be getting less healthy, not more.

I figure Stetson starts and we rotate JT in a few times just to get him back up to speed. And yeah.. this is the most non-UGA like Georgia team I think I can ever remember. Aside from the game where we had a few penalties on punts, we havent been making stupid mistakes and Kirby is just letting Monken do his thing. Seems good.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

vyst posted:

I think i speak for everyone when i say Hell yeah we fuckin do!

Right there with you. Launch that burrito

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

that time when a person whose for real government name is ladd mcconkey is graded that olave lmbo

https://twitter.com/PFF_College/status/1447930790701158415

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

You've already got your answer, but worth noting given this weekend's game that 2019 Georgia/Kentucky had 52 combined passing yards, not a typo

Wasn’t that game also during a monsoon or something?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

TheAlmightyFrog posted:

That's the one. I believe it was tied scoreless at halftime, but Georgia pulled away in the 2nd half. Kentucky just had an incredible pass defense that year overall.

That was also prime James Coley offense, which is, uh, not a good thing.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Isn’t it a thing that coach’s are only supposed to contact you if you are in the portal? So maybe this is a way to float the weather balloon and see how things shake out?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yeah just like boosters aren't supposed to be handing bags of cash under the table :rolleyes:

Any of these high profile dudes need to have their parents reaching out to folks through burners before they hit the portal, I don't buy the really desirable transfers don't have some idea of who would take them before they hit it.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Yeah just like boosters aren't supposed to be handing bags of cash under the table :rolleyes:

Any of these high profile dudes need to have their parents reaching out to folks through burners before they hit the portal, I don't buy the really desirable transfers don't have some idea of who would take them before they hit it.

I say supposed to as in at least that is the rule on the books, of course folks communicate on a back channel. But now if he at least put himself in the portal he can openly talk to whoever.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Does this mean he could challenge his for cause dismissal?

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Stanley Tucheetos posted:

He doesn't let any true freshman talk to media. It's still hosed up but it isn't a special case.

Kirby is the same way, lots of coaches seems to not let freshmen talk to press.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

I liked it when Kirby finally let JT talk to the media after the Miss. State game last season and he basically said "I could've been playing all along, and I don't know why we haven't been throwing the ball more."

Also “why recruit all these big time receivers if we aren’t going to unleash the dragon”

Meanwhile JT and Stet have had no issues taking the deep bomb when it’s there and we’ve been way more successful with it. I don’t know who is ultimately better but Stetson is much improved and I’m glad we have him as long as JT is injured.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

D.N. Nation posted:

It was around this time in 2012 when Chizik stopped losing games and started REALLY losing them; Gators by 3 TDs IMO.

On the flip side how great would it be to see Florida get housed? Similar to Florida thinking it would be great for Kentucky to hit us with the upset

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Somebody make a gameday thread so I can give you my thoughts on WIldcats, Cowboys, and Sooners.

Be the change you want to see