Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Adun posted:

How is it possible that Lamar Jackson’s QBR was 67.4 last night and Josh Allen’s was 91.6

What is this crazy stat ESPN is throwing out there and why does it feel like they’re trying to troll everyone

The first three quarters were accounted for would be my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Lamar was great the whole third quarter except for the fumble on the 1, which was admittedly terrible.

he wasn't even that bad in the first half, the Colts just shut down the run and it took too long for Roman to adjust

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
This season is very similar to the 2001 season for the Ravens where we had to refigure the whole offense in short order due to preseason injuries. And so far we are doing a much better job!!

Thank god for the Houston Texans for taking Culley

Kawalimus fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 12, 2021

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
covid gave lamar super powers. turns out it really was a democrat hoax this whole time.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Asproigerosis posted:

covid gave lamar super powers. turns out it really was a democrat hoax this whole time.

I really want to love Lamar but his non-vaxxing stance is a total deal-breaker.

Watching fellow anti-vaxxer Wentz eat poo poo this game tho was :haw:.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I thought I was careful hiding my true self from the world... who knew sending racist jokes and cheerleader titty pics to ombudsman@nfl.com would be my downfall. It could have happened to anyone who grew up in my generation

molestrios
Jan 21, 2020

Kawalimus posted:

Thank god for the Houston Texans for taking Culley

Yeah but our punt game is ridiculous now

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

kiimo posted:

Confederation of the Rhine doesn't really roll off the tongue

You shut your mouth

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

What's going on with Bavaria

They're not as inviting of foreigners as the rest of Germany. They watch a top tier club play constantly in Bayern Munich, and as was hit on by several posters, Bavaria is not a place that Germans all want to travel to.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Can an entire division make the playoffs? It feels like AFCN is heading into another year of incredible bullshit with everyone playing well enough to get to the end with a good number of winds.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Android Apocalypse posted:

I really want to love Lamar but his non-vaxxing stance is a total deal-breaker.

Watching fellow anti-vaxxer Wentz eat poo poo this game tho was :haw:.

Wait, Wentz was wearing a mask on the sideline but Lamar wasn’t right? I guess that means the rumor that he actually got vaxxed was true?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
There is a chance that the Cowboys will beat the Patriots for the first time in like......forever

And frankly, I don't know if they will. They should, but that doesn't mean anything.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Can an entire division make the playoffs? It feels like AFCN is heading into another year of incredible bullshit with everyone playing well enough to get to the end with a good number of winds.

With the addition of the 7th seed yes now an entire division can make it.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Shinjobi posted:

There is a chance that the Cowboys will beat the Patriots for the first time in like......forever

And frankly, I don't know if they will. They should, but that doesn't mean anything.

If the Cowboys don’t run away with this game then McCarthy should be fired. Which is maybe what Cowboys fans should root for honesty.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

If the Cowboys don’t run away with this game then McCarthy should be fired. Which is maybe what Cowboys fans should root for honesty.

I think McCarthy is a yes-man placeholder till Moore gets a little more experience under his belt anyway

Watch him doom them in the postseason with terrible clock management

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Freaquency posted:

Wait, Wentz was wearing a mask on the sideline but Lamar wasn’t right? I guess that means the rumor that he actually got vaxxed was true?

is the rule that you have to wear it on the sideline if you're not vaxxed?

Arkhams Razor
Jun 10, 2009

AndrewP posted:

is the rule that you have to wear it on the sideline if you're not vaxxed?
Yes. Pretty much all of the beat writers have implied that Lamar got vaccinated in early-to-mid August, and has avoided commenting on it since then presumably at his request to avoid looking like he gave in to peer pressure.

Not to say that the team doesn't have people who refuse to take the vaccine (looking at you, Houston, Brandon Williams and Madubuike), but Lamar for all intents of purposes isn't currently among them.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I definitely heard the rumors and it sure seemed like he had stopped wearing it in places he had before, but the radio silence on it was weird.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Forrest on Fire posted:

They're not as inviting of foreigners as the rest of Germany. They watch a top tier club play constantly in Bayern Munich, and as was hit on by several posters, Bavaria is not a place that Germans all want to travel to.

I was a white American GI there and they were tremendously welcoming, however low that bar is

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

After traveling up and down Bavaria I never experienced any kind of unwelcoming actions. I imagine it is pretty similar to upper middle class midwest America. You have to scratch deeper than you think to uncover the economic elitism and institutional racism that you know is there.

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AndrewP posted:

I definitely heard the rumors and it sure seemed like he had stopped wearing it in places he had before, but the radio silence on it was weird.

it was a bunch of wink wink/nudge nudge type of poo poo too.

He missed practice in the middle of the week a few weeks back that they said was "illness" related but the way they were talking was it was the second shot

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/1445237013125423104?t=8KJp0g3qAYbG814i5aVMdA&s=19

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mahomes has been more or less fine and good but far from perfect, the offense is loving up quite a bit when they need to be absolutely perfect, the defense is doing it's best impression of the time Kemper Arena's roof collapsed--insert whatever structural disaster you like the best here. e: the Hyatt Regency Walkway collapse is the local disaster I was actually thinking of.

They'll still probably be fine, but there's a lot of stuff to figure out since 'oh this has been a hard schedule' will be the teams they need to beat in the playoffs (hopefully).

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 12, 2021

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

GD_American posted:

I was a white American GI there and they were tremendously welcoming, however low that bar is

Fair! I'm not basing my statements on learned experience. I do want to visit because they like beer meat and sports, which are all things I can get right behind.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2011/08/espn-introduces-the-total-quarterback-rating/

On the development of QBR.

quote:

The group also worked closely with a number of ESPN analysts, including Super Bowl-winning quarterback Trent Dilfer, Super Bowl champion head coach Jon Gruden and Ron Jaworski, to understand the mindset and the demands placed upon the modern NFL quarterback.

Maybe not the best metric for young Black athletes.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
QBR at least tries to quantify QBs being sacked which isn’t used in the older QB rating at all.

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Look at this WLAF erasure.

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lol good job getting laid Herbie

Also Bavaria owns

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Herbie has excellent hair that should never be buzzed

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Forrest on Fire posted:

Fair! I'm not basing my statements on learned experience. I do want to visit because they like beer meat and sports, which are all things I can get right behind.

I loved it deeply and wish I were able to stay longer. The natural beauty is immense, and I dug the people. Even the cranky ones.

I was in Lower Franconia, near Wuerzburg. So ymmv in other areas

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Strikes me that being Revis's cousin and just trying to make a team is a bit of a curse

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1447988841697140738

He's just out there trying to play ball I assume, and every time anyone reports anything about him Darrelle gets named and you're...not gonna be him.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Asema posted:

it was a bunch of wink wink/nudge nudge type of poo poo too.

He missed practice in the middle of the week a few weeks back that they said was "illness" related but the way they were talking was it was the second shot

second shot is rough

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Mods change the forum sub name to gruden grindhouse double feature tyia

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Herbert is ready to front a Silverchair cover band.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Grittybeard posted:

Strikes me that being Revis's cousin and just trying to make a team is a bit of a curse

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1447988841697140738

He's just out there trying to play ball I assume, and every time anyone reports anything about him Darrelle gets named and you're...not gonna be him.

Former Bucs great Darrelle Revis has to be close to being HoF eligible, right?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

GD_American posted:

If you're not a dick people have vastly overstated anti-American sentiment once you're actually on the ground in another country. I've never been anywhere where I felt immediately unwelcome because I was an American.

You won't generally get poo poo on for being American, being a woman or because of race otoh...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

That would be 10!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

wandler20 posted:

2023, along with Joe Thomas and Dwight Freeney.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Joey Freshwater posted:

That would be 10!

:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Eifert Posting posted:

If you're not a dick people have vastly overstated anti-American sentiment once you're actually on the ground in another country. I've never been anywhere where I felt immediately unwelcome because I was an American.

You won't generally get poo poo on for being American, being a woman or because of race otoh...

Yeah I feel like a lot of this is self-fulfilling prophecy. The people angry about a Greek restaurant in Dettelbach, Germany not selling burgers or speaking English are the ones that (like a buddy’s wife who did that when we went out with them) are most likely to return home saying Europe sucks and treat Americans like poo poo.

I will say I was over there during NFL Europa and never saw a single indicator of it anywhere in Frankfurt or Munich