Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006
Friday nights are for Wapner!

I just went through this entire thread and now I’m thinking… :homebrew:

I have a collection of GID action figures but seeing all these GID sofubi is getting me real itchy…

I don’t think this quite counts but I do have a vinyl Lucha Masters La Sombra! Maybe it’s more of a sofauxbi.

He also has an insane glow. He’s one of the brightest in my collection and stays glowing for hours

Bonus pic of him and his buddy stay Puft

Anyways, I’m now considering getting a few sofubi, though I’m gonna do my damnedest to stick to GID-only. Otherwise, I will go crazy throwing money at this things!

I’m based in Winnipeg so I was wondering if anybody may know of some Canadian makers/vendors/resellers. May be a long shot but figured it’s worth asking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Ugggggh I have my … eye on one of Max Toy’s GID Eyezons but the fig ($100 USD) + shipping ($70 USD) comes out to $230 CAD :negative:

Not that I’m not willing to spend the money :homebrew: but it seems the theme of the thread is life happening and getting in the way of buying sofubi :( I just had a minor financial setback so I’m going to have to wait another month or two before I can snag the Eyezon. I just gotta hope that the one I want is still available :pray:

On the other hand, I get the feeling is you can’t worry about the one that gets away. You just enjoy the sofubi you get! Almost go with the flow of whether you win a lottery or not instead of getting FOMO on every pre-order that goes up.

I’m excited! Thanks for the warm welcome and help. Looks like I’ll have to re-open an insta so I can track some sofubi makers.

Oh and I managed to find a sofubi vendor/maker here in Winnipeg!! They have a small shop so chatting with them about maybe getting something soon :wiggle: :getin:

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Turbinosamente posted:

Good attitude, since I foolishly tried to keep up with everything news wise out of fomo and still lost out on preorders or wasn't fast enough on checkout. All I managed to do was get myself frustrated as a result of being unable to get what I wanted. So I took a break from it to reassess my collection and, well, am also trying to roll with the punches and opportunities available.

My break has also lead to a dumb thought: is comissioning custom paint jobs of other's sculpts a thing or is it a no no?

Yeah, exactly! That and I saw some of the posts about entering lotteries with no expectations… then winning a bunch at once. Oof that’s pricey!!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

I got my first SOFUBI!!

Their name is BORUGOGON

Super cool!! I love them. Borugogon is SUPER BRIGHT pink but I need some better lighting to really catch how bright this lil kaiju is.

I found a local soft vinyl creator/vendor here in Winnipeg, Grumble Toys, and was able to get a deal on this fig. I also got to that with the fella from Grumble Toys and got to nerd out a bit over sofubi. He’s got some GID stuff he’s working on so I’ll be picking some of those up soon. :hmmyes:

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Ha, awesome! The first pic sort of reminds me of Gossamer. Is that a flower on his head?

Yes it is!

I also got a nice pic in the morning light today

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

It's horrible! I love it! It's a shame day-glow pink never photographs well. And I didn't know that Grumble Toys was based in Winnipeg! I've only got a few small pieces from him but it's awesome that you've made a connection!

Ugh I KNOW like this lil guy is beautiful in real life but pics just don’t look right.

Yeah, it’s great to find someone local. It’s gonna be a lot more affordable :heysexy:

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

AHHHHH I know :negative: I already want a shin eyezon form Max Toy Co. real bad… and that’s gonna be real expensive.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Whoa it’s crazy to see that a few of you know Grumble! That’s too wild.

I was wondering if the folks in this thread would be willing to post their favorite sofubi they have in their collection? I’d love to see what some of you consider your absolute top-notch items.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Ugggh it would be my dream to have at least one of those GID Elegabs but life just keeps beating me up and taking my lunch money :negative:

Cmon! Just let me buy my happiness :shepspends:

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Keep that place bookmarked- I've seen times where choice stuff just sits there for months. You never know...

Bookmarked and followed on ig! Now may not be the time for me to get one but it could always happen in the future :cool:

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Failson, I just ordered a HEAP and a JANET UFO!

They’re gonna look great in my GID collection. I didn’t realize your UFO was GID till I decided to look at the extra pics. That’s gonna look AMAZING!

Thank you!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Failson posted:

Thank you so much!!!

I made sure to grab a Janet UFO with a really strong glow swirl, it looks like you have a black light setup, and it will really pop!

The glow HEAP is a subtler, eerie, glow on the dome, I've never seen anything like it.

Thank YOU! I was really excited about getting a HEAP and then I saw that the Janet UFO glows too… I had to have it. I do have a big ol blacklight setup and I think the Janet UFO is gonna put it over the top. Thanks for grabbing a big glowy one. I’m gonna make sure it’s a centerpiece in the collection!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Those new Frank Mysterio items are so cool. I’d love to get one of those skulls.

Also, Failson, my glow HEAP and Janet UFO arrived! They are incredible. The blue glow on the UFO is insane.

Took some lovely phone pics for now but plan to bust out my nice camera this weekend hopefully :D

HEAP’s glow is wild too. It glows for a long time. It holds up with some of my Super7 figs for how long it stays glowing!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I saw one of the Konatsu Jackalopes (I forget her name for it) at Q-Pop Shop in LA and I was really tempted as those are one of my all time favorite animals but got the Grape Brain Consommé instead. Check with Q-Pop as they often carry exclusives- years ago I went to Konatsu's first Los Angeles exhibition at Q-Pop's old location and bought an original painting from her. https://qpopshop.com/

Wow there are some lil cuties for sale there! Might have to grab a few of those. I really like them. They look a bit on the smaller side as well so that means… I have more room to fit them :haw: :getin:

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Oh man I get paid tomorrow so may have to take a shot at that Space Godzilla :pray: thats a BIG BOI that would look great in my collection.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Made a big boi purchase yesterday.
Got the Mondo Cherry Blossom Space Godzilla!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

I’m super excited! I also don’t know how I’m gonna fit it in my GID collection. The dang thing is nearly 10 inches tall.

Also, somehow shipping to Canada was actually a few bux cheaper than shipping it within the US! Not that I’m complaining :wiggle:

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

:siren:Big Boy Alert:siren:

Here's how he sizes up against a Mondo Godzilla (A lesser orange GID Godzilla)

E: one of the crystals

He's a bit lighter pink than the Biollante from last year. I dunno how visible that is, between my lighting and the pink wall they're in front of.

I feel like the touch of blue gives it a little extra dimension I felt the Biollante lacked (in comparison to some of the other color ways)

UGH IM SO JEALOUS… even though mine is on the way. It’s almost here! I’m frantically watching for tracking updates but USPS gets weird with Canadian addresses. I can’t wait!

If by SG, you mean the Space Godzilla… yeah it is glow in the dark!! From Mondo’s pics it looks like it glows BLUE

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

On a business trip to Toronto right now and heard about a new shop called Anime City. They’re one of the few, if not the only, sofubi seller in Toronto.

Took some time on lunch break to swing by.

Hedorah is one of my favorite kaiju designs so I really wanted this one. Also helps that the colours are too wild on this! The pink really pops. Imgur seemed to have dulled the pic tho so it’s not as bright as it is in real life! Will be a great companion to my borugogon!

of course I had to get a ‘zilla! I feel like if I’m going to collect sofubi, I need to have at least one Godzilla. I wanted a fun and colorful Godzilla and this one fits the bill. Clear and orange with gold glitter. The spikes are really neat too! It looks like they have a second layer of orange underneath the clear. Too sweet!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Failson posted:

Zowie, so many great pink monsters!

Is that Hedorah from CCP?

Hmmmmm… I’m not really sure! I checked the tag but I don’t see CCP listed.

Sofubi is really so much dang fun! I went to the shop and just looking at all the sofubis they have was amazing. I felt like a kid in the toy aisle again. Saw a HUGE mothra, maybe 8 inch wingspan which was crazy.

They also had the Junkshop Dog Sofubi figs which were really cool to see.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Space Godzilla has landed!!

This is incredible! Beautiful piece. Space Zilla is so insanely detailed I can’t believe it. Also his mean face reminds me of :getin:

The box was the biggest surprise for me. I see that the box art was done by Francesco Francavilla who is my favorite comic book artist (shoutout to Afterlice With Archie). My friend said the box is almost worth displaying on its own and I have to agree, :stwoon:

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Holy moley that’s a big Hedorah!! I love that Big Hed is just STARING down Tunneleon, like “you got a problem half pint?”

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

I love how you have the UFO hanging! What did you use to hang it like that?

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Oh good call on the hooks :hmmyes: gonna use that idea. I came up with some jank rear end way to hang up my UFO. Looped some black thread then stuck it to the top with some duct tape. I did it all behind the light bars so the tape wasn’t visible.

It worked! … for a day. Then it fell :doh: guess I shouldn’t use dollar store duct tape.

Failson… I’ve failed you :negative:

Gonna try plan B though and get those hooks. Hopefully the command strips will have stronger adhesive to stay on. Then I think I’m gonna try using the black thread again to hang the ufo from the hooks. I think I can keep it all hidden so it looks like the UFO is hovering.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Ah I live in Canada so the shipping would be nasty :argh: I appreciate it though! I’m gonna swing by the ol hardware shop, Canadian Tire, to grab some of these.

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

I figured out a solution for hanging my UFO!

Turns out Command has a specific product just for this!

I didn’t realize that I bought a pack that was somehow missing 1 one of the hooks :doh:

This is PERFECT!

I used a bit of black thread. Hopefully that will hold up over time

It looks fantastic. You can’t even notice the thread! The hook is hidden behind the lights too. Even so, it looks a lot better than my duct tape nightmare :downs:

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

I found out that the Godzilla US Store recently opened and they had some good options from Bandai’s Movie Monster Collection! I picked up my favorite Kaiju, Mechagodzilla KIRYU

This is the Heavy Duty edition which I believe has a few more paint detailing, specifically on the on the wiring on the limbs and neck.

I also got a neat little bit of extras!

The print is really cool!

I also ordered the Millennium Era Godzilla but that’s a pre-order so still waiting on that. Looking forward to getting that Zilla to go along with my MechaG!

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Oh dang! That gives me some La Parka vibes! Looks like it’s already sold out though…

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

LadyPictureShow posted:

Kind of short notice, but My Plastic Heart just announced an 8 pm ET drop with the skeleton Negora and this fella. Is it just called sitting Negora?
There's also some non-Halloween offerings, two ice cream themed, one driving a little fish car, and a nine-tailed fox.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CyPDQblxJTj/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

E: Welp, even logged in and with my info all filled out, I got the sold out message when I went to complete my purchase. Bwomp bwomp.

Yeah! I saw Bubble Wrapp Toys had a Skele-Negora drop yesterday and went to check it out about 5 mins after it dropped and it was sold out. Wow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Der-Wreck
Feb 13, 2006

Akametenshi makes some of the most insane things. I would really love to get one eventually.

Does anyone here have any of their sofubi?