Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
wtf....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
RIP thing I didn’t know existed until now

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
I didn't know what to get the kids for lunch so I just bought a few buddy burgers and buddy chicken burgers.

Holy poo poo those were good. College me would have killed for those things when I was poor, drunk, and hungry.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
Recall 2 for $5 teen burgers used to be a thing so they didn’t need to exist yet

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

chicken buddy burgers are some of the greatest things on the planet.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
The root beer has always been too sweet and kind of flat, but back when they'd bring it out to your car in the big heavy frosty glass mugs it was the finest drink on earth. I can only stand to drink it occasionally now because of the strength of those memories. The food is great or complete garbage depending on the location.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

The Cholesterol Clubhouse - the food is great or complete garbage

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)
It weirds me out that they sell root beer outside of the United States

:sax: :drum: :guitar:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

it's weirds me out that you're a little bitch. gently caress You

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

sorry. i'm going to order a couple chicken buddy burgers and calm down.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
Did u know:

If you order through the app, you can add bacon, cheese, breakfast sandwich egg, and whatever veg they have including grilled onions to just about any burger? For freeee

$2 buddy burger. Add bacon, egg, mozzarella, cheddar, reg onion. Still :2bux:

$3 breakfast egg sandwich. Add bonus egg, bacon, more cheese, grilled onions. 3 dollar.

Lol you spend 4 for the bacon & egger. Why not spend 3 instead for the exact same ordered a different way.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Also the first restaurant with Beyond patty in Canada, which rules.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Chair In A Basket posted:

Did u know:

If you order through the app, you can add bacon, cheese, breakfast sandwich egg, and whatever veg they have including grilled onions to just about any burger? For freeee

$3 breakfast egg sandwich. Add bonus egg, bacon, more cheese, grilled onions. 3 dollar.

Lol you spend 4 for the bacon & egger. Why not spend 3 instead for the exact same ordered a different way.

That must be a restaurant specific thing. I tried adding stuff, and it charged me for most of it.

Fun fact: these were all "add toppings" to buddy burgers, but the 3 restaurants I tried all charge different prices, despite being <5kms apart from each other. :v:

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

That must be a restaurant specific thing. I tried adding stuff, and it charged me for most of it.

Fun fact: these were all "add toppings" to buddy burgers, but the 3 restaurants I tried all charge different prices, despite being <5kms apart from each other. :v:

What the hell is "Teen Sauce"?

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Guessing it's the sauce for Teen Burgers (from the burger family), but that doesn't make it sound any less weird.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
the a&w menu is deliberately confusing its a bizarre marketing strategy

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

The Walrus posted:

Large like your uncle, small like your buddy, and without veggies, like your mom

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I may have posted in this thread already idk. but anyway I was in Toronto at the end of last year and after a night of hanging out and drinking A&W was the only place that was delivering to my hotel and I ate it 2 or 3 nights and that poo poo hit. burgers good as a muh, great onion rings, good fries, didn’t get the poutine cause I’m not a bitch like yall but wouldn’t surprise me if it was good too

----------------

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

The Walrus posted:

Huh?

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I think there was supposed to be a period after “confusing.”

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Not that, it's just I never found the menu to be confusing, but maybe I've only been to smaller locations, or something. :shrug:

Edit: I mean the burger family kinda forms the centre of everything else, and it kinda follows the same categories of "burgers", "chicken", and "breakfast", like the other chains. I dunno, I'm just some internet fatso.

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 2, 2022

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

When I was there I thought the teen burger was the kids meal and the dad burger was supersized it didn’t explain the difference

----------------

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

You managed to decipher their very obscure code all on your own

----------------

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

then wtf is teen sauce

----------------

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

So looking at the A&W Canada burger menu online, to decipher this, apparently teens like lettuce and tomato on their burgers, however moms don't, neither do dads but they are bigger then moms but grandpas are bigger then dads. Uncles like lettuce and tomato just like teens do for some reason, but they are thicker, unless you get a double tag teen, then I'm not sure, some teens may be beefier then uncles. Your buddy is small and does not like sesame seeds, and babies are also small, suck, and don't like anything. I sort of get what they were going for but yeah, it's bizarre.

indigi posted:

then wtf is teen sauce

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Yeah, the confusing part is when they print “then” rather than “than” on their menus.

It’s confusing, eh?

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020
Uncles like pickles but teens do not

Old timer rear end burg w pickles, that isn't what the zoomers want

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Apparently Moms, Dads, and Grandpas all have "Teen Sauce" on them at Canadian A&W, but uncles have their own special "Uncle Sauce". It's weird. Bafflingly funny weird.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Looking at the menu has made me angry because, they still have the Mozza Burger. Which you used to be able to get at American A&Ws (admittedly this was like 25-30 years ago) and it was the best burger on the menu.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

Mozza burger is pretty drat good.

I just checked, apparently it comes with Mozza sauce, which still sounds like a euphemism for cum.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost

Chair In A Basket posted:

Did u know:

Something updated last month and the freebie addons are gone. Rip eating at a&w.

Chair In A Basket fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 11, 2022

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
We have A&W's in Wisconsin still. They're more rare, and usually in small towns rather than in the big ones. They used to be all drive-ups and they'd come out on roller skates when I was a kid. They still have one that I know of a few towns over like that, but they walk the food out to you. They also have dine-in as well. The root beer is fantastic and they give you a huge frosted mug and you jut take it to a tap and pour as much as you want, and can ask for another frosted mug if you want. They also sell root beer in big growlers if you want as well. The burger selection is pretty decent, and the onion rings are great.

If they had them where I live I would choose them over McDs, BK, and Wendys. But it's a 20 min drive for either of the ones near me instead of 5.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

There was one in my hometown in Kentucky that closed sometime while I was in high school.

On top of the root beer on tap for the frosted mugs, they also had cream soda on tap. And yeah, it was way better than BK or McD's, but this one existed in an area with drat near every fast food option available within like half a mile and I guess it couldn't compete.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

:frogsiren: THE WHISTLE DOG IS BACK :frogsiren:

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

Kazinsal posted:

:frogsiren: THE WHISTLE DOG IS BACK :frogsiren:

God yes, saw the ads. Will be getting stoned as hell and having one tomorrow, will report back when I do

I am mildly concerned judging by the poster though, I swear they used to use grated cheese???? Or the cheese was different in some way. Hope for the best, plan for the worst

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

whistle dogs were disgusting before and probably still are

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

It's the cholesterol clubhouse, everything here is disgusting and I will take one of each.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Yeah what's this shaming bullshit, whistle dogs are trash for idiots and I'm thrilled to order it!

----------------

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Tell me about this whistling dog

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Glompers
Nov 26, 2020

indigi posted:

Tell me about this whistling dog

My memory is a dog wrapped in bacon with cheese on top. Not that special honestly but I liked it

Am yet to try it since the return, they've had trouble keeping it in stock