Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Here's a thread for folks to post their doll action figure collections! The Adult Collectors™ market has really taken off these last few years and it feels like many lines are experiencing their golden ages (definitely feels true for us Marvel Legends collectors). Please post away and let us enjoy our plastic children's toys while the world around us slowly ends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
crossposting from the BSS thread.

Louisgod posted:

I'm shocked and sad nobody's posted about NECA's Goliath yet, it's an astounding figure. I have him perched on top of my main display and am praying to the toy gods he doesn't choose to go sky diving any time soon despite the stand and a bunch of sticky tack holding him down. His paint is beyond perfect and his eyes are striking. I'm a big believer that if you can nail a figure's eyes, everything else about it will pop though it helps that his head sculpt is effectively perfect. The only real downsides are that his wings are made of that very fragile, brittle plastic that feels like will snap if you look at it wrong. You also can't get him into a squatting thinking man pose; best I can do is this pseudo-leaning gesture. Also would've been nice if he came with his own proprietary stand. Amazing figure overall.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

What is this?

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

It's dolls for 'grownups'.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Louisgod posted:

crossposting from the BSS thread.

I almost got this when I was at target today. I remember liking Gargoyles but it’s not something I ever loved. This is such a good looking figure though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I just got this in the mail the other day.

I’m so glad they finally have a young Mick foley head sculpt and it’s cool that he has the singlet under the shirt because he can double as WCW cactus jack too. I have him with Vader right now. And even though it’s cardboard I love the ECW banner for the background it came with.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The_Rob posted:

I almost got this when I was at target today. I remember liking Gargoyles but it’s not something I ever loved. This is such a good looking figure though.

You should give it a rewatch if you haven't done so recently

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I highly recommend if folks want an action figure to emphasize "action" and fiddle with it frequently, to pick up an Astrobot, either Apollo or Argus(Argus is generally 5-10 bucks cheaper and more military-themed/generic, while Apollo is imo cooler looking in white and blue with robo-toes)

tfsource currently has both available, and at a discount to boot! they're very nice quality, 80 bucks is a great price for apollo especially.
https://tfsource.com/toy-notch/astrobots/a01-apollo/
https://tfsource.com/toy-notch/astrobots/a02-argus/

the articulation is nuts

the hands grip stuff nicely and can hold almost any other action figure weapon, this one in particular is significantly hefty for a sword and Apollo still holds it easily while maintaining balance

it took some doing since it's so gigantic but he can even hold this 18-inch-long oversized knockoff sword that weighs a quarter pound from a KO predaking transformer without falling over:

probably my favorite action figure ever, I still fiddle with him occasionally and right now he's perched atop my PC meditating with a D20 in hand

Peachfart posted:

It's dolls for 'grownups'.
you're like parents who tell their kids they'll grow out of something or it's just a phase

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Captain Invictus posted:

I highly recommend if folks want an action figure to emphasize "action" and fiddle with it frequently, to pick up an Astrobot, either Apollo or Argus(Argus is generally 5-10 bucks cheaper and more military-themed/generic, while Apollo is imo cooler looking in white and blue with robo-toes)

tfsource currently has both available, and at a discount to boot! they're very nice quality, 80 bucks is a great price for apollo especially.
https://tfsource.com/toy-notch/astrobots/a01-apollo/
https://tfsource.com/toy-notch/astrobots/a02-argus/

the articulation is nuts

the hands grip stuff nicely and can hold almost any other action figure weapon, this one in particular is significantly hefty for a sword and Apollo still holds it easily while maintaining balance

it took some doing since it's so gigantic but he can even hold this 18-inch-long oversized knockoff sword that weighs a quarter pound from a KO predaking transformer without falling over:

probably my favorite action figure ever, I still fiddle with him occasionally and right now he's perched atop my PC meditating with a D20 in hand

you're like parents who tell their kids they'll grow out of something or it's just a phase

lmfao

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

The_Rob posted:

I just got this in the mail the other day.

I’m so glad they finally have a young Mick foley head sculpt and it’s cool that he has the singlet under the shirt because he can double as WCW cactus jack too. I have him with Vader right now. And even though it’s cardboard I love the ECW banner for the background it came with.

Can you point me in the right direction for this? I read his book and love this dude. I’ve seen his most infamous/violent matches, wish I was into wrasslin’ when he was active (gave up in the early nineties). Do all proceeds go to RAINN?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Captain Invictus posted:

apollo owns, I love him and may pick him up. Where's the green sword from?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Bulgaroctonus posted:

Can you point me in the right direction for this? I read his book and love this dude. I’ve seen his most infamous/violent matches, wish I was into wrasslin’ when he was active (gave up in the early nineties). Do all proceeds go to RAINN?

It’s a ringside collectibles exclusive so you can get it right here. I don’t think the proceeds go to RAINN because it’s still technically a wwe figure. In wwe they have what are called legend contracts where the wrestlers get merch maid for them and they don’t have to wrestle as a way for them to collect a check.

https://www.ringsidecollectibles.com/wwe-wrestling-figure-ecw-cactus-jack-rex-182.html

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Here's a couple of things from my collection:

Sentinel's RIOBOT Falcon Armor X and Truforce's Megaman X

Figma Metroid Prime Echoes/Corruption Samus

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Captain Invictus posted:

the articulation is nuts

I’ve kind of wanted an Apollo forever, even if the proportions make me think robo-gorilla.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I have the Japanese Reissue of G1 Sky Lynx. It was a toy I always wanted as a kid, but it was always super expensive - and I could never ask for it

This back artwork I actually had on a dinner tray as a kid. It's great.
Metroplex loving rules!
Get hosed Trypticon!
The artwork rules :rock:

Gattai mode! Stickers are starting to peel, but he lives safely in a box!

Bird mode!

Lynx mode!

It also walks! Unmute for loud as gently caress mode!
https://i.imgur.com/hJxz7zV.mp4

With the legs folded up it can also drive across the floor!

Blocky AF G1 Transformers are the loving best. I have a couple of other reissues floating around, but Sky Lynx is my fav.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Infinitum posted:

It also walks! Unmute for loud as gently caress mode!
https://i.imgur.com/hJxz7zV.mp4

I'm not a huge transformers guy, but that is sweet! And a transformers dinner tray sounds awesome!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

I'm not a huge transformers guy, but that is sweet! And a transformers dinner tray sounds awesome!

It's def one of the most unique G1 toys. Like you see this poo poo as a kid and you just geek out.

Also hey I found it. This was my childhood :unsmith:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Here are my Gokus!

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

That tray is amazing!!! I can imagine eating and getting lost in my imagination looking at it.

Also, character specific displays are dope. Those Gokus are dope!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Louisgod posted:

apollo owns, I love him and may pick him up. Where's the green sword from?
Perfect Effect Origin Xerxes. Very very solid 3rd party transformer, weighs over a pound I think, just immaculate design. Managed to get him during a fire sale for 80 bucks, I dunno if I'd pay nearly 200 for him, but if you can find him for like 120 or so go for it.
https://tfsource.com/perfect-effect/pe-dx08b-origin-xerxes/

TaurusOxford posted:

Here's a couple of things from my collection:

Sentinel's RIOBOT Falcon Armor X and Truforce's Megaman X

Figma Metroid Prime Echoes/Corruption Samus

I have that truforce X, he's excellent too. Figma prime Samus is definitely way wayyyyyy better than the other m version, easily one of the best power armor designs.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I have the Other M version and I like it a lot, is it worth shelling out $$$$$$$ for the Prime version?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I started to collect NECA horror poo poo last year but got to about five before the better part of me told me to stop. If they were just a little bit cheaper?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
My small collection of Legacy Power Ranger items. Legacy Megazord, Dragonzord, Morpher, and Red Ranger helmet. They've become slightly more valuable over the past couple of years, to the point where I probably should throw them on ebay.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Xenomrph posted:

I have the Other M version and I like it a lot, is it worth shelling out $$$$$$$ for the Prime version?
I have both and it's staggering how much more sharply detailed the prime one is. It is unquestionably better than the other m version.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
I have a couple of movie monster figures which I like very much and use for reference photos. Here is the 1964 Godzilla, acting as a watch holder for one of my Seikos:

(Godzilla and Seiko have some history because he trucked the Seiko department store tower in the first movie)

I also got a non-movie-specific King Kong but he has a look generally based on the original b&w movies so:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

jassi007 posted:

My small collection of Legacy Power Ranger items. Legacy Megazord, Dragonzord, Morpher, and Red Ranger helmet. They've become slightly more valuable over the past couple of years, to the point where I probably should throw them on ebay.

That helmet! :eyepop:

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Captain Invictus posted:

I have both and it's staggering how much more sharply detailed the prime one is. It is unquestionably better than the other m version.

Can concur.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

T Bowl posted:

I started to collect NECA horror poo poo last year but got to about five before the better part of me told me to stop. If they were just a little bit cheaper?

Cheaper and maybe better quality? I always hear horror stories about them breaking right out of the box.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

$30 is a little much… I almost got Sam from trick r treat, but that price seemed steep for what you were getting. I did get one of their Pennywises a couple years ago, solid figure if a bit stiff

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Trabant posted:

I have a couple of movie monster figures which I like very much and use for reference photos. Here is the 1964 Godzilla, acting as a watch holder for one of my Seikos:

What's action figure / watch buddy! :respek:

I was doing the same thing with an Ultimate Warrior until I had to move. These are old pics:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I'm willing to pay $30 for a NECA figure since they've done nothing but improve their paint quality over the years and are getting better about adding more articulation where they can. Also helps they've fixed their plastic QC issues too and you're no longer dealing with brittle plastic. I got so pissed when the Christopher Reeves Superman figure came out and its leg immediately broke.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Louisgod posted:

I'm willing to pay $30 for a NECA figure since they've done nothing but improve their paint quality over the years and are getting better about adding more articulation where they can. Also helps they've fixed their plastic QC issues too and you're no longer dealing with brittle plastic. I got so pissed when the Christopher Reeves Superman figure came out and its leg immediately broke.

I still have my kill bill NECA figures where blood sprays out from their arms. They’re still in great shape.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

NECA can really hit it out of the park. Their TMNT movie turtles look incredible.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I wish NECA would knock off the bullshit of releasing multiple “ultimate” editions of the same character within months of each other. ‘The Thing’ Macready is a real bad offender, they come with different accessories and there was no forewarning that the second version was even coming until after the first version released. Real dick move - I’d rather they had charged $40 and included all of the accessories with one figure instead of making people buy the same figure twice.

The recent ‘The Boys’ Starlight was another tough sell - the figure sold at the $30 price point and came with, like an alternate head and hand and that was it. Gimme a break.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Louisgod posted:

That’s the wrong place for a Christopher Reeves figure to break, anyway

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Anil Dikshit posted:

:eyepop:

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Went to Target looking for Goliath. Wound up buying Jurassic Park Indominus Rex and the Mcfarlane Violator since Target is running a their $25 off $100.

I've had my eyeball on the Rex for a while, but Violator was a complete surprise. He was so huge I couldn't pass him up.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Anil Dikshit posted:

I knew I shouldn’t have bought the Barbie horse as well.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Anil Dikshit posted:

he already has a hard time standing up on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Louisgod posted:

he already has a hard time standing up on his own.

I mean, he has for decades