Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I think most BSS posters have seen my action figure collections before, but just in case:

(I sold Blaster and Perceptor in anticipation of newer, nicer ones coming in early 2022)

(I also have a Cobra Viper I haven't opened yet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
this is one of my most prized action figures, I will never remove it from the packaging, it's perfect in every way

"with sailing action" "ROBOT <---> TITANIC"

this thing is so ridiculously rare nowadays, it was hard enough finding one back when the animejump review first came out(RIP) like 18 goddamn years ago but now there's only like, half a dozen recorded listings for one on ebay at all in the last 90 days, and the only live one is at 150+ bucks for a sealed one.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

What set is that Ant-Man from? I have the movie version and want to ditch it for a more comic look. Also when are you gonna dust??

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Louisgod posted:

What set is that Ant-Man from? I have the movie version and want to ditch it for a more comic look. Also when are you gonna dust??

It was from a box set with Stinger that came out in 2017. You might be able to find it surprisingly cheap. I always loved this costume from Nick Spencer's comics.

Don't worry; I've dusted since taking this photo, and I also sold Spider-Woman.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Louisgod posted:

Dusting is for suckers. The smart collector gets enough action figures to make a mosh pit where the figures are packed so close together that no dust is visible.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Here are my Gokus!

What kind of stands are these? I've been meaning to get some like these. I have a couple NECA dynamic stands but they're so clunky and take up too much room.

Louisgod posted:

I'm willing to pay $30 for a NECA figure since they've done nothing but improve their paint quality over the years and are getting better about adding more articulation where they can. Also helps they've fixed their plastic QC issues too and you're no longer dealing with brittle plastic. I got so pissed when the Christopher Reeves Superman figure came out and its leg immediately broke.

I love NECA figures for their sculpts, paint jobs, and variety of accessories and display options. But holy poo poo are some of them way too delicate. I have that same Superman figure and it fell off my shelf one day and both his arms broke off.

Xenomrph posted:

I wish NECA would knock off the bullshit of releasing multiple “ultimate” editions of the same character within months of each other. ‘The Thing’ Macready is a real bad offender, they come with different accessories and there was no forewarning that the second version was even coming until after the first version released. Real dick move - I’d rather they had charged $40 and included all of the accessories with one figure instead of making people buy the same figure twice.

The recent ‘The Boys’ Starlight was another tough sell - the figure sold at the $30 price point and came with, like an alternate head and hand and that was it. Gimme a break.

I'm okay with this because it means they're just reissuing figures that people are selling for crazy prices on ebay. There's a whole bunch of poo poo I got which I otherwise would not have if not for the ultimate editions. I can live with having not so ultimate editions in other cases.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

CPL593H posted:

What kind of stands are these? I've been meaning to get some like these. I have a couple NECA dynamic stands but they're so clunky and take up too much room.

Obitsu stands

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

Louisgod posted:

crossposting from the BSS thread.

How do you have this already? I preordered it for a friend's birthday in April but everything online says it's still not out??

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

GOD IS BED posted:

How do you have this already? I preordered it for a friend's birthday in April but everything online says it's still not out??

Where'd you pre-order it from? It's hit the larger online retailers (I pre-ordered through BBTS) and has shown up in the NECA section of Targets, but I wouldn't be surprised if some places are still waiting thanks to questionable distribution and demand.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
BBTS! They have my order, but they still say October delivery. I guess I'll give them a few more days.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Just realized they raised the NECA figures from $30 to $33 as if they weren't expensive enough.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

T Bowl posted:

Just realized they raised the NECA figures from $30 to $33 as if they weren't expensive enough.

Thanks a lot, Joe Biden!

Pretty much everything is getting more expensive because the entire global shipping structure was built on a house of cards.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Guess I'll just order some cheap knockoffs from Wish (kidding)

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

T Bowl posted:

Guess I'll just order some cheap knockoffs from Wish (kidding)

Some of the KOs on there are actually pretty decent if you’re on a budget (some Final Fantasy Playarts figures, for example) but the smell may eventually give you lung cancer.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

CPL593H posted:

Nanigans posted:

Obitsu stands

That's right! Specifically these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UUTBFGY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

My Mythic Legions collection:

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 22, 2021

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
sell them all to me, or else.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Very nice collection! Especially jealous of the orc and skeleton armies. Templars look good too.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Louisgod posted:

sell them all to me, or else.

I'll take a million dollars. Cash. Pick up only.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Here are the figures I got over the last month:

They're all cool, but I was especially impressed by Iron Spider and Chrome Dome.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I make custom figures sometimes. Here's my post from the other thread if anyone missed it:

Nerd Of Prey posted:

:siren: I FINALLY FINISHED A CUSTOM ACTION FIGURE :siren:
:siren: 56K NO :siren:

This is a one-of-a-kind custom which I made at the request of longtime friend-of-the-thread Xenomrph.

The request was for Velocity, from Cyberforce, specifically as drawn by Kenneth Rocafort in her 2010 solo miniseries.

The base was a Marvel Legends figure, but I resculpted the entire body with a bunch of epoxy putty, and made an entirely new head from scratch. By the time I started painting, there was almost nothing visible of the original figure. Basically every detail you see was hand-sculpted.

Part of the reason for the custom head is that she's generally drawn very petite, so I needed to size up her head for the body proportions to look right. In the end she's probably closer in scale to a 6.5" or 7" figure.

To make the deep plunging V-neck work with the mid-torso articulation, I built it as a downward protrusion attached to the upper part. This helps to hide the joint and to preserve the unusual lines of her costume.

I have been working on this for three and a half years. The paint job alone took months. I don't do a lot of commission work and I probably won't do something this elaborate again; I only accepted this particular job because I genuinely liked the idea and knew I would have a lot of fun with the project. She's a really cool-looking character. Check out those funky shoes! Those took a lot of work!

Her body has a layer of color-shift paint that makes highlights more yellow and lowlights more blue; it's subtle but it gives her a really cool shine that changes in different light. There's also a gradient effect with a darker green at her ankles.

Recommended listening while you look at the rest of these pictures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hW1EqdzCDI

I took tons and tons of photos because I'm going to miss this figure when she's gone...

A bit of stray packaging material makes for a good impromptu sci-fi background:

I was single when I started this project and now I'm married with a baby and a house.

See you guys in another three and a half years when I get something else done!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
On the one hand I'm glad The Major Brothers have people enthused about wrestling figures. On the other hand, I don't like how much the price of old stuff has spiked through the roof that was going for cheap a few years ago. I only have one ECW OSFTM figure left to get and it's through the roof these days.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Tato posted:

On the one hand I'm glad The Major Brothers have people enthused about wrestling figures. On the other hand, I don't like how much the price of old stuff has spiked through the roof that was going for cheap a few years ago. I only have one ECW OSFTM figure left to get and it's through the roof these days.

Oh it’s gotten hard. One of my favorite lines is the jakks classic line but it’s been harder and harder to get those. I’ve been on the hunt for the Kaufman and Bruiser Brody for a while now at a fair price.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Doom Patrol TV show figures when?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
lol, lmao, you people, you collect action figures? heh. I've ascended beyond mere action figures, and moved on to colossal action statues.

(the knees are genuinely terrible and the ankles could have been way better articulated but everything else about this 26.3-inch-tall beast is amazing)

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Captain Invictus posted:

(the knees are genuinely terrible and the ankles could have been way better articulated but everything else about this 26.3-inch-tall beast is amazing)

The knees are fixable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVmZlSQ59oI

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
Here’s my current display in my office.

mostly robots

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Grant DaNasty posted:

My Mythic Legions collection:

Holy poo poo these all rule but I really want that goblin with the crossbow

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So speaking of that HasLab Sentinel. Did anyone order more than one? It so, did they arrive together? So far only one of mine has arrived and it wasn’t the same tracking info Hasbro gave me, so I’m wondering how long I wait before asking them what’s up with the rest.

My account says “Fulfilled” for that order, but when you click the tracking link it’s just that “FedEx has been notified of your shipment but doesn’t have it yet” page.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Corn Glizzy posted:

So speaking of that HasLab Sentinel. Did anyone order more than one? It so, did they arrive together? So far only one of mine has arrived and it wasn’t the same tracking info Hasbro gave me, so I’m wondering how long I wait before asking them what’s up with the rest.

My account says “Fulfilled” for that order, but when you click the tracking link it’s just that “FedEx has been notified of your shipment but doesn’t have it yet” page.

Definitely contact them about it. Mine arrived all at once(a stack of gigantic boxes big enough to completely eclipse a typical front door) though iirc they had different tracking numbers. But still, don't hesitate, if it's saying they sent it but there's no tracking info, something's fucky.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

When you have both of them are you going to make them kiss or are you a liar?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
when I get galactus I will do that

though sentinel might need a booster step to reach him

I might not be prepared for the size of galactus. like sentinel is unbelievably huge and galactus is going to be a further half a foot taller than that. I thought metroplex and fortress maximus were ridiculously huge but these guys are on another level, galactus might be big enough to walk trypticon on a leash

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Definitely contact them about it. Mine arrived all at once(a stack of gigantic boxes big enough to completely eclipse a typical front door) though iirc they had different tracking numbers. But still, don't hesitate, if it's saying they sent it but there's no tracking info, something's fucky.

I got a follow-up text from FedEx saying I had another delivery to sign for yesterday. As usual with FedEx it didn’t arrive, said it was delayed for today, also never showed up.

I’ll wait and see what this delivery is before I call, but drat, FedEx is the worst these days. Absolutely abysmal service.

CPL593H posted:

When you have both of them are you going to make them kiss or are you a liar?

I’ll absolutely make them 3-way kiss a la Madonna, Britney, and Christina

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Corn Glizzy posted:

I’ll absolutely make them 3-way kiss a la Madonna, Britney, and Christina

Oh god, this reference is old enough to drink. My life has gone screaming by.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Star Wars: Zorii Bliss for $0.01 at Gamestop. I ordered three for shits and giggles. Maybe it might go well with my Cosmic Legions next year.

https://www.gamestop.com/collectibl...ure/208881.html

edit: oops i meant to put this in the other figure thread.

edit: Sold out.

Grant DaNasty fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 10, 2021

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The SH FIguarts Jet Jaguar is up for pre-order on various sites in the States. $105 and releases next June it seems. You have 8 days from this post to get on it.

https://store.ign.com/collections/godzilla/products/jet-jaguar-2021-s-h-monsterarts-action-figure-godzilla-singular-point

EDIT: $93 at AwesomeCollector! https://awesomecollector.com/collections/godzilla/products/jet-jaguar-godzilla-singular-point-bandai-s-h-monsterarts-us-release

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 14, 2021

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The SH FIguarts Jet Jaguar is up for pre-order on various sites in the States. $105 and releases next June it seems. You have 8 days from this post to get on it.

https://store.ign.com/collections/godzilla/products/jet-jaguar-2021-s-h-monsterarts-action-figure-godzilla-singular-point

EDIT: $93 at AwesomeCollector! https://awesomecollector.com/collections/godzilla/products/jet-jaguar-godzilla-singular-point-bandai-s-h-monsterarts-us-release

Man I would love a Jet Jaguar figure and figuarts makes quality poo poo but over 100 bucks is so steep. I really try not to go over 50 bucks on figures.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

The_Rob posted:

Man I would love a Jet Jaguar figure and figuarts makes quality poo poo but over 100 bucks is so steep. I really try not to go over 50 bucks on figures.

It's nowhere near as fancy as a Figuarts action figure but there's this vinyl figure that's cheap and easy to find if you just like the character and want a thing.

https://www.amazon.com/Godzilla-TOHO-Classic-Jaguar-Figure/dp/B08YLKN83B/ref=dp_fod_2?pd_rd_i=B08YLKN83B&psc=1

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Yeah this JJ is he one from Singular Point and even comes with the flight pack, so that definitely upped its price. But I totally understand hesitation on it.

Now the SH Monsterarts Hedorah that was just announced is probably going to be more since it includes 3 forms. But it’s Hedorah…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
anyone got any figures of chicks with big honkers. like really big ones?